• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

bionic77

Jailbreak your phone, and you can already?

How would you play Mario on that tiny ass watch?

That's like 3 Apple laptops.

Really thought he'd end up as a Cowboy once Romo retired.
I know you are a Cowboys fan and don't really give a fuck about the law but some of us actually do care and don't want to be pirating douchebags!

zychi

Banned
I know you are a Cowboys fan and don't really give a fuck about the law but some of us actually do care and don't want to be pirating douchebags!

CHI is literally in my user name.

And its not pirating if you own it. SNES LTTP on my 6+? Yes please! I owned the game since around release. I buy it legally on every other device its available on. Don't get all preachy lawyer on me with Nintendo man. I give them money for their games on the regular. Splatoon is the first major game release I didn't buy at release they made in yearrrrs.

Bowser

Yes, some money will be fully guaranteed. Amazing insight.

Cam's agents have said time and again they're not doing a Kap/Dalton style deal. Not that the Panthers wouldn't love that type of structure, but all indications are it will be more of a Flacco/Ryan type deal.

So...who wants to split a 5lb burger with me?

bowlero

Cam's agents have said time and again they're not doing a Kap/Dalton style deal. Not that the Panthers wouldn't love that type of structure, but all indications are it will be more of a Flacco/Ryan type deal.

Fans still operate under the idea that players and reporters are idiots who are lied to about money and that they're smarter

Reminder these same fans willingly root for the Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Dolphins etc. Exactly what I think of when I think "smart"

eznark

Banned
Fans still operate under the idea that players and reporters are idiots who are lied to about money and that they're smarter

Did you see how the Tannehill contract was reported? That assumption is still accurate. Though I'm positive players actually know the definition of "guaranteed."

dionysus

Yaldog
Saints right in the middle is fine though.
Until they show consistency thats where they belong.

I have no idea what to make of the Saints right now. Seems like they can't decide if they want to rebuild or try to get lucky with an easy schedule and hope to get hot come the playoffs. Trading high value players for draft picks but also still signing vets in an attempt to improve the team now.

bionic77

CHI is literally in my user name.

And its not pirating if you own it. SNES LTTP on my 6+? Yes please! I owned the game since around release. I buy it legally on every other device its available on. Don't get all preachy lawyer on me with Nintendo man. I give them money for their games on the regular. Splatoon is the first major game release I didn't buy at release they made in yearrrrs.
My mistake. Thought you were a Cowboys fan for some reason.

And yeah if you own the cartridge go wild with emulation. I personally find emulation to be shit if you have the real thing. It is never the same. The advantages are convenience and save states for hard as ball games that you are not manly enough to beat on your own. Save states is pretty huge but I was only ever defeated by one game so I don't need any help (at least I did not in the past, I am losing my skillz).

:jnc

Did you know he has a 16/4 TD/INT ratio at home? I had no idea....but he can't play defense so we might as well draft a new QB next year.
It always did feel like he played a little better at home. He just needs to unleash that killer Flacco playoff gene and we'll be all set!
Until the defense keeps them from making the playoffs.

zychi

Banned
My mistake. Thought you were a Cowboys fan for some reason.

And yeah if you own the cartridge go wild with emulation. I personally find emulation to be shit if you have the real thing. It is never the same. The advantages are convenience and save states for hard as ball games that you are not manly enough to beat on your own. Save states is pretty huge but I was only ever defeated by one game so I don't need any help (at least I did not in the past, I am losing my skillz).

One of the Cowboys fans in NFL gaf and I have talked a ton about the team, that may be why. I find them interesting, but wouldn't call myself a fan. I do like Romo, but that's just because of his Eastern Illinois connection and I have a few buddies that went to school there. So he's constantly brought up on Sundays

QBR is such a fraud stat. We are better than that NFLGAF.

The Eagles are WAY better than the Lions. If healthy, we have a better QB too.

Eagles were 10-6 with Foles/Butt fumble at QB, a gimpy McCoy, and the worst secondary in the league. They have improved all 3 areas this offseason. I have no doubt at all that they will be significantly better then the Lions this year, not that that is really saying much.

Crisco

Banned
Smart move for both sides. Panthers get him before Luck and Wilson add a few more millions to the going rate for a QB, and Cam gets his fully guaranteed fortune in case his ankle/ribs/spine shatter tomorrow. I think he could have made himself the richest NFL player ever if he'd come back to the table after a monster 2015/16, but this makes sense.

Bowser

Important numbers to know about Cam's impending deal via BBR:

According to league sources, the sense is Newton’s new deal will include a fully guaranteed figure north of $40 million. Here are some numbers to put that in context:

$55 million: If the Panthers had to resort to using their franchise tag on Newton, they would have owed him around $25 million in 2016 and $30 million in 2017.

$54 million: Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is the current pacesetter at his position. $54 million of the $110 million contract he signed in 2013 was fully guaranteed.

$50 million: This is the amount of fully guaranteed money Sam Bradford got in 2010, a year before Newton was the top pick of the first draft under the new CBA, which severely limited rookie contracts.

$42 million: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan signed a 5-year, $104 million extension in 2013. $42 million of that was fully guaranteed. That figure is likely a good benchmark for what Newton’s side wanted to top. Other quarterbacks with similar guarantees: Matt Stafford ($41.5 million), Tony Romo ($40 million), Drew Brees ($40 million), Philip Rivers ($38.2 million), Jay Cutler ($38 million).

$30 million: Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick, who were part of Newton’s 2011 draft class, got deals first, but their contracts are much different. Even when combined, Dalton ($17 million) and Kaepernick’s ($13 million) true guarantees will be more than $10 million lower than Newton’s.

$14.67 million: This is technically an extension, so Newton’s new contract will start in 2016 and run through the 2020 season. He will still play this year under the terms of the Panthers’ fifth-year option he signed last spring, which means he’ll make nearly $15 million in 2015. It’s unclear if the new deal will give Carolina some immediate cap relief.

31: Newton will be 31 when this extension runs out, so if he continues to improve, he’s set up for one more massive contract.

5: Once Newton signs, he’ll be just the fifth quarterback currently under contract through 2020. The others: Tannehill, Kaepernick, Dalton, Cutler.

http://blackandbluereview.com/numbers-to-know-about-cam-newtons-upcoming-contract/

Greg

just got some awesome news

my brother had his 3-year checkup since he finished chemo, and everything is still good!

:'))))

Top Bottom