• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

bionic77

CGbozfJVAAAOFer.jpg:large

New BFF's.

Like the way me and Trejo were. :(
Why does JJ wear a knee brace on his arm?

MechDX

Why does JJ wear a knee brace on his arm?

Because his arm is bigger than your leg. Duh.

Dislocated his elbow a few years ago. Doesn't need it anymore but says he feels weird without it on now. Also his grandma can make him out on the field better when she watches games on TV

Spinluck

XCOM 2!!! Fuck yas!

just got some awesome news

my brother had his 3-year checkup since he finished chemo, and everything is still good!

:'))))

Glad to hear that Greg. He'll be back to out dunking his brother and winning at ping pong in no time.

Dislocated his elbow a few years ago. Doesn't need it anymore but says he feels weird without it on now. Also his grandma can make him out on the field better when she watches games on TV

So what you are really trying to tell us is that the brace is the source of his power.

bionic77

Thats totally normal!

It does look exactly like my knee brace. I stopped wearing it after a few years though because I was not a bitch. One day JJ can hope to be as tough as me!

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 1m1 minute ago
#Texans' O'Brien: "All three quarterbacks are getting a lot of reps." Alternating first teams with Hoyer, Mallett. Savage also getting reps.

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 51s52 seconds ago
OB feels Tom Savage has made some good progress over the summer. Also mentions “It’s early.” #Texans

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 50s51 seconds ago
#Texans' O'Brien said @TomSavage03 has "made a lot of progress" since rookie year. Getting into building early. Coaching staff is encouraged

#SavageFuture

Furyous

#SavageFuture

If Savage is allowed two years to develop then we should see exciting things by his third year. Bring him along slowly and don't change coordinators. Savage is a future good player in the making. Good could mean solid clipboard holder because holding the number two spot is hard.

MechDX

If Savage is allowed two years to develop then we should see exciting things by his third year. Bring him along slowly and don't change coordinators. Savage is a future good player in the making. Good could mean solid clipboard holder because holding the number two spot is hard.

CGbyeckUIAAyduC.jpg:large

And now is he is going for that Rodgers scruffy beard look. thatsmyQB.gif

ampere

Y'all get the Windows 10 upgrade reservation today? Popped up on my taskbar, just had to click reserve.

Might as well since they are phasing out 7 and it's free

bionic77

Worse than lawyers?

1. Cancer/Aids/etc
1a. Lawyers
Rule of law and lawyers is what protects your from having to soil your hands in dealing with the Gatas of the world. I doubt your profession can say the same.

Fury Road makes for a great movie, but in that world the gatas run the show. I would rather live in the civilized world where those guys mow my line and pave my driveway.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith
✔ ‎@ChronBrianSmith
Very clear Tom Savage in Year Two is a much different, more confident Savage. Taking his game, approach to next level. #Texans

ITS HAPPENING!

ampere

Rule of law and lawyers is what protects your from having to soil your hands in dealing with the Gatas of the world. I doubt your profession can say the same.

Fury Road makes for a great movie, but in that world the gatas run the show. I would rather live in the civilized world where those guys mow my line and pave my driveway.

bionic who are you rooting for in the NBA finals? I think I recall you liking Steph

cdyhybrid

Yeah, figured as much.

I told my cousin (huge dota guy) about HotS and his response was, "sounds to me like you are playing checkers and soon you'll be ready to play some chess!"

It's pretty much true. There are just multiple levels of complexity in DOTA that don't exist in HotS and (to a lesser extent) LoL.

Nothing wrong with playing HotS to get you into the genre though!

It's pretty much true. There are just multiple levels of complexity in DOTA that don't exist in HotS and (to a lesser extent) LoL.

Nothing wrong with playing HotS to get you into the genre though!
The thing is that's kind of what I'm looking for in a moba. It has the stuff that interests me about the genre but removes a lot of what makes it such a massive timesink that pulls you away from every other game.

I tend to avoid games that consume every spare moment of my gaming time. I have had countless friends play WoW and other MMO's over the years but I never touched them, for instance.

I think dota is an incredible game and I'm glad it exists but I just don't think it's for me.

bionic77

bionic who are you rooting for in the NBA finals? I think I recall you liking Steph
I like the way the Warriors play and Curry is a monster on offense. Best in the game IMO (on offense).

Wouldn't mind see Cleveland win though if not for the fact that that would make that bum JR a champ.

For that reason Warriors all the way.

ampere

I like the way the Warriors play and Curry is a monster on offense. Best in the game IMO (on offense).

Wouldn't mind see Cleveland win though if not for the fact that that would make that bum JR a champ.

For that reason Warriors all the way.

Yea fuck JR. Unless he does some kung-fu shit on Curry to put him out of the game I think Warriors have got this

BigAT

You tried Heroes of the Storm or are you above that? It might just be the moba that finally hooks me.

I played during the alpha and didn't like it for reasons beyond it being "simplified". I really hate the whole rotating hero pool/limited access to heroes, especially coming from Dota with all 100+ heroes available to everyone for free. I didn't like that the maps and map objectives feel much more important and powerful than the actual heroes themselves. A big part of MOBAs is how strong and dominating your hero can be by the end of a match, this doesn't really work when you are gathering coins or skulls or whatever so that a much more powerful pirate ship can be the one causing most of the damage.

I haven't played in a while and they have apparently improved some stuff (although I don't think either of my complaints above have been among those altered), but I haven't felt even the smallest desire to go back and try it again.

I played during the alpha and didn't like it for reasons beyond it being "simplified". I really hate the whole rotating hero pool/limited access to heroes, especially coming from Dota with all 100+ heroes available to everyone for free. I didn't like that the maps and map objectives feel much more important and powerful than the actual heroes themselves. A big part of MOBAs is how strong and dominating your hero can be by the end of a match, this doesn't really work when you are gathering coins or skulls or whatever so that a much more powerful pirate ship can be the one causing most of the damage.

I haven't played in a while and they have apparently improved some stuff (although I don't think either of my complaints above have been among those altered), but I haven't felt even the smallest desire to go back and try it again.
Those seem like very valid complaints. I'm curious to see how it holds up for me after awhile, I've only played about 20-30 matches so far.

At least with Blizzard you know they will always be improving it and tweaking it as time goes on. I still regret dumping over 100 hours into Diablo III and completely burning out on it. People say it's great now but I can't imagine going back...

Bowser

Jason Cole reporting that Cam's new deal will average $21m per (unclear if that $21m per includes 2015) and will include between $46m-$48m in guaranteed money. So it will either be a 6 year, $120m deal ($14.67m in 2015, 5 year, $105m extension) or a 6 year, $126m deal ($21m per over the entire life of the deal, $22.3m per in "new money").

Top Bottom