• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Bowser

Cam was scheduled to make $14.67m this season, that gets replaced with a $22.5m signing bonus, $7.5m roster bonus due June 6, and a $1m base salary this season. Saves the Panthers $1.67m on this year's cap I believe ($14.67m - $13m [$22.5m/5 = $4.5m + $7.5m + $1m])

Crisco

Banned
Great deal for Cam, after this season people will be saying the Panthers got a bargain and he should be getting $25M/yr.

Sure the Panthers bought the refs and fucked us over with the bogus non-call, but Cam showed some good shit in that game against us 2 years ago.

Dude can throw and the way he showed he can escape pressure during the game is fucking insane.

Cam is special, I much rather pay him than Tannehill (Sorry Darkest Dad)

Farooq

Banned
Lay of the land. You're either a fringe QB getting "peanuts" like Hoyer/McCown or a QB making $90+ million.

I don't understand the reactions to franchise QBs getting market value. I also don't understand the relevance or emphasis on having a ring. Teams are paying for the future, not what for a player has done.

Sure the Panthers bought the refs and fucked us over with the bogus non-call, but Cam showed some good shit in that game against us 2 years ago.

Dude can throw and the way he showed he can escape pressure during the game is fucking insane.

Cam is special, I much rather pay him than Tannehill (Sorry Darkest Dad)

Smh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
#Browns have been awarded DL Tory Slater via waivers from Seattle, waived LB Rodman Noel. Slater (6-5, 290) was undrafted rookie/W.Georgia

We taking all yo playas Seattle!

Bowser

Josh Norman lol:

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 18m18 minutes ago
#Panthers' Josh Norman on critics who say Cam's only won 1 playoff game: "If that's the case, then you've got to (look) at some of the QBs..

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 17m17 minutes ago
"...that did get theirs. Let's be real, Tannehill, right? Is he in the playoffs? Is he winning playoffs?" -- Josh Norman on newly minted QBs

zychi

Banned
Can we get the FBI to take out Uncle Rog now?

#KickthePatsOutofTheLeague
He'll be gone soon. Even Wilbon just brought out the agenda on tv.

Kraft accepted the punishment to make Goodell sweat. Goodell is already starting to back out of the punishment and said he's open to talk to Brady, ie reduce the punishment.

Kraft has so much power within the owners, he's going to gut Goodell and have him replaced soon. Too many fuck ups for the league office.

Crisco

Banned
Just to keep some perspective, another QB who got $60 million guaranteed was Sam Bradford, as the first pick in the draft the year before Cam. Everyone in the Panthers FO will be sleeping soundly tonight.

zychi

Banned
Cam has earned his contract, he's one of the positive faces of the league.
But, he's hurting his team by taking so much. Brady, Rodgers and Romo all cut some money to get better players around them, and look who keeps winning games.

Bowser

Cam has earned his contract, he's one of the positive faces of the league.
But, he's hurting his team by taking so much. Brady, Rodgers and Romo all cut some money to get better players around them, and look who keeps winning games.

Are you being facetious naming Rodgers and Romo?

Aaron Rodgers signed a 5 year, $110,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $33,250,000 signing bonus, $54,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2015, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,000,000, a roster bonus of $10,100,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000. Rodgers has a cap hit of $18,250,000 while his dead money value is $29,450,000.

Tony Romo signed a 6 year, $108,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $55,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,000,000. In 2015, Romo will earn a base salary of $1,000,000 and a restructure bonus of $16,000,000. Romo has a cap hit of $14,973,000 while his dead money value is $45,908,000.

Brady's the only star QB that's really ever taken below market value (without being forced to like Luck/Wilson's contracts, etc.)

Draxal

He'll be gone soon. Even Wilbon just brought out the agenda on tv.

Kraft accepted the punishment to make Goodell sweat. Goodell is already starting to back out of the punishment and said he's open to talk to Brady, ie reduce the punishment.

Kraft has so much power within the owners, he's going to gut Goodell and have him replaced soon. Too many fuck ups for the league office.

Goodell stomped the PA in the CBA, that's the only thing that the owners care about.

Bowser

You read what you posted right? It even says restructure in the Romo info.

Do you even know what restructure means? Romo's not giving up any money. All they did is push the money further down the line:

MAR 4 2014
Restructured $12.5M of his 2014 base salary with Dallas (DAL)

APR 1 2015
Coverted $16 million of his 2015 salary into bonus, clearing $12.8 million in 2015 cap space with Dallas (DAL)

He's still getting paid every dime, they just spread the high base salaries over more years to create cap space in THAT specific year:

CC7oVCA.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Do you even know what restructure means? Romo's not giving up any money. All they did is push the money further down the line:

MAR 4 2014

APR 1 2015
Coverted $16 million of his 2015 salary into bonus, clearing $12.8 million in 2015 cap space with Dallas (DAL)

He still got paid every dime of that contract, they just spread the high base salaries over more years to create cap space in THAT specific year.

idk why but i lold

zychi

Banned

MAR 4 2014

APR 1 2015

He still got paid every dime of that contract, they just spread the high base salaries over more years to create cap space in THAT specific year.
He had to agree to it. I guess restructure doesnt mean changing his contract to allow more room for players this year. But hey, change the narrative like you want to. And he already has one of the best olines and wrs in the league.

Cam has....1 wr? A TE who cant block, even the Bears didnt want him.

Bowser

He had to agree to it. I guess restructure doesnt mean changing his contract to allow more room for players this year. But hey, change the narrative like you want to. And he already has one of the best olines and wrs in the league.

Cam has....1 wr? A TE who cant block, even the Bears didnt want him.

What? What are you even arguing? If you wanna go down the path of they're opening up space for their teams with restructures, uh, the Panthers can do the exact same thing with Cam's contract? Why are you assuming Cam wouldn't agree to restructure? Again, do you know how restructures work? In Romo's case, Jerry is basically saying "hey, we'll pay you out $16m RIGHT NOW, but for salary cap purposes, we are prorating that amount over 5 years, so that opens up $12.8m in cap space". You're telling me Romo would be like "nah, fuck that, I don't want that $16m payment right now." ??

Hell, this extension opened up $1.6m in cap room this year for the Panthers if you want to go down that route.

And the Bears were dumbasses to let go of Olsen, so I dunno why you threw that in there.

Crisco

Banned
It's a good contract for the Panthers too, especially when you figure the NFL added $10 million to the 2015 cap. Cam could have asked for more based on that alone, but instead he took a contract that was inline with ones made under the previous cap. That is essentially taking less money to help his team.

zychi

Banned
What? What are you even arguing? If you wanna go down the path of they're opening up space for their teams with restructures, uh, the Panthers can do the exact same thing with Cam's contract? Why are you assuming Cam wouldn't agree to restructure? Again, do you know how restructures work? In Romo's case, Jerry is basically saying "hey, we'll pay you out $16m RIGHT NOW, but for salary cap purposes, we are prorating that amount over 5 years, so that opens up $12.8m in cap space". You're telling me Romo would be like "nah, fuck that, I don't want that $16m payment right now." ??

Hell, this extension opened up $1.6m in cap room this year for the Panthers if you want to go down that route.

And the Bears were dumbasses to let go of Olsen, so I dunno why you threw that in there.
Angry Panthers fan. So Cam is gonna sign this contract today and restructure it immediately.
Makes sense. Move along. Have fun struggling in the NFC south with a qb and a linebacker and nothing else around them.

E: i mean panthers dont have a history of shit contracts. Delholmme, signing 45 rbs to a billion dollar deal that ruined the team until Cam came.

They clearly know how the cap works.

Bowser

Angry Panthers fan. So Cam is gonna sign this contract today and restructure it immediately.
Makes sense. Move along. Have fun struggling in the NFC south with a qb and a linebacker and nothing else around them.

E: i mean panthers dont have a history of shit contracts. Delholmme, signing 45 rbs to a billion dollar deal that ruined the team until Cam came.

Your premise was that Romo [and Rodgers] "cut money" to sign players to help the team. That's false. They didn't cut any money, it's just cap gymnastics. A restructure in no way shape or form equals a pay cut. Read this and then start commenting on contracts and restructures: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/26/nfl-salary-cap-explained/

And yeah, let's bring up the old GM instead of the new guy running things.

Have fun with Rodgers ripping apart your team year after year, uninformed Bears fan.

Good thing Marty Hurney is still the GM...

...Wait a doggone minute

jakncoke

Banned
Your premise was that Romo [and Rodgers] "cut money" to sign players to help the team. That's false. They didn't cut any money, it's just cap gymnastics. A restructure in no way shape or form equals a pay cut.

Have fun with Rodgers ripping apart your team year after year, uninformed Bears fan.

Hey man hes got Cutler and stuff to watch year after year of not winning an OWL

zychi

Banned
Your premise was that Romo [and Rodgers] "cut money" to sign players to help the team. That's false. They didn't cut any money, it's just cap gymnastics. A restructure in no way shape or form equals a pay cut.

you guys act like insulting me over a team being ran by idiots matters to me? Bears are stuck in mediocrity until Ted Phillips is fired.
Rodgers is going down as a top 10 qb of all time, maybe higher, who knows.

You get all whiny and pissy that your team just signed a qb with a .500 record and one playoff win to a contract. A guy i actively root for too. You should worry about these stats:

Pass Blocking Ranking: 27th, Run Blocking Ranking: 15th, Penalties Ranking: 3rd

Good luck protecting your new contract qb with that line. The qb who played injured most of the last two seasons.

As a Bears fan with an overpaid qb, with no o line who, and said qb is constantly sacked, welcome to my hell.

Bowser

you guys act like insulting me over a team being ran by idiots matters to me? Bears are stuck in mediocrity until Ted Phillips is fired.

You get all whiny and pissy that your team just signed a qb with a .500 record and one playoff win to a contract. A guy i actively root for too. You should worry about these stats:

Good luck protecting your new contract qb with that line. The qb who played injured most of the last two seasons.

As a Bears fan and an overpaid qb with no o line whomis constantly sacked, welcome to my hell.

Don't worry we signed Michael Oher. Blind Side baby!

Sorry to have gotten so riled up, shouldn't have taken that tack...but my point about restructures still stands!

Crisco

Banned
Yeah but, Cam is actually a good QB, and Cutler is shit even with great WRs....... Who' the one getting pissy here?

As a Bears fan and an overpaid qb with no o line whomis constantly sacked, welcome to my hell.

Dolphins get the same crap about Tannehill but don't understand we had a terrible defense the last two months of the season, along with a terrible oline and Tannehill was top 6 QB the final two months but "LOL TANNEHILL SUCKS"

smh

I think it's cool every time Bears fans insult Cutler. Yeah he's a shit person and a shit QB, but it says a lot considering he's also the best QB the team's had in decades if not ever.

zychi

Banned
Don't worry we signed Michael Oher. Blind Side baby!

Sorry to have gotten so riled up, shouldn't have taken that tack...but my point about restructures still stands!
My point is that Cam earned his contract carrying his team, he's an idiot if he wants to win, because they cant afford to fix the team with thay contract. I know this from Cutler and hopefully our draft helps our problem. The Panthers are now where the Bears were 2 years ago, but you have a potentially more athletic qb.

Cutler at least made it to the end of the NFC title game with the shit team he had around him, my boy Cam is struggling to beat the NFC Soft.

Restructure/pay cut, he still defered money to let Jerry get more money for the cap.

zychi

Banned
I think it's cool every time Bears fans insult Cutler. Yeah he's a shit person and a shit QB, but it says a lot considering he's also the best QB the team's had in decades if not ever.
I'm not insulting Cutler? I'm insulting his giant contract. Three guys in the nfl deserve that money, Brady, Rodgers and Luck.

Cutler is still my guy, and i joke im the only one in Chicago left on Cutler island. Thats fine, but Beaes arent winning anything unless Teddy is fired and Rodgers retires. Rodgers missed half a season and still made the playoffs.

Cajun, he had a Forte, Hester and Knox the year of the nfc title game.

Forte cant block, black unicorn cant either, no o line besides Long. Its a mediocre team built by mediocre management.

jakncoke

Banned
Neither Cutler or Cam will win an OWL but both franchises fans will continue to hold out hope. Yall may as well become alcoholics like me and give up hope

Top Bottom