• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

cdyhybrid

poor seahawks fans

they've been cheated out of 2 super bowls in 10 years! what poor people.

We've still got 1 legit one though, so we should save our sympathy for the Pats fans, who have zero.

Siding with Goodell? smh

Over a Pats fan? Absolutely. That's not even a difficult decision.

Goodell is bffs with the Pats owner. That makes no sense

Not BFFs enough, it seems. Besides, Goodell has 31 other owners to keep him in check. It's true that the Pats should have gotten the death penalty (in the literal or NCAA sense, either is fine), but I applaud the other owners for ensuring that their cheating is punished.

zychi

Banned
Weird how Hawks fans dont care about the Browns or Falcons violating the integrity of the game, doing things that affect play calling and crowd noise.

Weird.

cdyhybrid

30? Which other team is our friend???

There are 32 teams/fanbases in the NFL. One is the Pats, which are under the delusional impression that they aren't cheaters. One is the Seahawks, which I am part of. 32-2 leaves 30 teams.

Pats fans can't even do basic subtraction, and we're supposed to trust them when it comes to matters of fair play and integrity?

Weird how Hawks fans dont care about the Browns or Falcons violating the integrity of the game, doing things that affect play calling and crowd noise.

Weird.

They were punished for their violations, what more do you want me to say about it? The Pats got off easy.

bionic77

When I become king of the world, all non Patriot fans will be imprisoned.
Getting a little ahead of ourselves.

I think you should first concentrate on passing the 5th grade (they say the 3rd time is the charm) and maybe getting a chick that is not related to you before you set your sights on something ambitious.

bionic77

Weird.
It's weird how no one cares about the next 30 racers that lost to Armstrong test positive to the same shit he did.

Oh wait no it isn't.

No cares about losers. The winners getting caught cheating always matters more. And when it happens more than once under the same people....

Gonna water cool?

ERhMN04.jpg

.....I need this

Getting a little ahead of ourselves.

I think you should first concentrate on passing the 5th grade (they say the 3rd time is the charm) and maybe getting a chick that is not related to you before you set your sights on something ambitious.
Hey at least I'd be able to teach you how to be a man.

zychi

Banned
There are 32 teams/fanbases in the NFL. One is the Pats, which are under the delusional impression that they aren't cheaters. One is the Seahawks, which I am part of. 32-2 leaves 30 teams.

Pats fans can't even do basic subtraction, and we're supposed to trust them when it comes to matters of fair play and integrity?

They were punished for their violations, what more do you want me to say about it? The Pats got off easy.
So they were punished, pats have been punished, why you still butthurt? No one made Russ throw that INT?

Didnt the pats lose the super bowl the year of spygate? Worked well.

cdyhybrid

So they were punished, pats have been punished, why you still butthurt? No one made Russ throw that INT?

Didnt the pats lose the super bowl the year of spygate? Worked well.

The Pats were not punished appropriately. The Browns and Falcons were.

bionic77

Hey at least I'd be able to teach you how to be a man.
How do you make yourself forget she is your uncles daughter? Or is that the basis for the relationship?

Also if GAF subsidized your one hooker for 50 dudes idea who gets the first shot? That's the definition of diminishing returns...

cdyhybrid

How should they have been punished.

Brady, Belichick, and Kraft should all have been banned for life from the NFL and had all their wins* stricken from the record books. They should have been thrown in prison too, but that's outside of the jurisdiction of the NFL, which I assume is the point of view he was asking the question from. That said, if he was just asking about their punishment in the broad sense, they should absolutely be jailed.

zychi

Banned
How should they have been punished.
By overinflating the balls.

Let the other teams deflate their balls the next couple games. Watch Indy still lose by 40.

Didnt Sea's coach leave USC and left sanctions and punishment behind him?

I mean, clearly Pete is clean as a whistle. No way Seattle is cheating. They may have been at a handicap with that OC and Russ at QB.

cdyhybrid

Let the other teams deflate their balls the next couple games. Watch Indy still lose by 40.

I mean, clearly Pete is clean as a whistle. No way Seattle is cheating.

What does any of this have to do with the Pats getting caught breaking the rules?

How do you make yourself forget she is your uncles daughter? Or is that the basis for the relationship?

Also if GAF subsidized your one hooker for 50 dudes idea who gets the first shot? That's the definition of diminishing returns...
And to think if you were nice to me I would have started taking donations so you can buy some rogaine smh.

zychi

Banned
Hawks lead NFL in PED bans since Pete joined the team.

Weird.

Yet, Pete nor his franchise have been fined.

All those asteriks in baseball for PED use, I guess we need one next to that Super Bowl win for the Hawks too.

cdyhybrid

Pot meet kettle.

The Seahawks have never deflated balls, illegally videotaped opponents, or harbored a known murderer, so I don't think that applies here.

That idiom is generally used to point out that the accuser is guilty of the same transgressions of the accused, which just simply isn't the case, by the way.

bionic77

What does any of this have to do with the Pats getting caught breaking the rules?
Its the same bullshit arguments that Pats fans used before most of them gave up and either quit football altogether or embraced being the cheaters and villains.

1. Everyone does it (doesn't make it right)
2. They still would have won (then why do they continue to cheat year after year if it doesn't help)
3. Some asshole from New England got drunk and said the science of the dude from Harvard was bad (this is as bad as climate change deniers)
4. The texts were all a big joke (stop doing drugs)
5. Tom Brady likes getting fucked with a strap on (can't find anything wrong with this one)
6. We can't convict Tom Brady unless we use a standard of evidence that goes beyond a preponderance or reasonable doubt because thats my fucking team and this makes me feel bad

One of these was not an actual argument advanced by Pats fans or their goons, but to me it is the only one of the 6 that makes any sense.

squicken

cdyhybrid

Its the same bullshit arguments that Pats fans used before most of them gave up and either quit football altogether or embraced being the cheaters and villains.

1. Everyone does it (doesn't make it right)
2. They still would have won (then why do they continue to cheat year after year if it doesn't help)
3. Some asshole from New England got drunk and said the science of the dude from Harvard was bad (this is as bad as climate change deniers)
4. The texts were all a big joke (stop doing drugs)
5. Tom Brady likes getting fucked with a strap on (can't find anything wrong with this one)
6. We can't convict Tom Brady unless we use a standard of evidence that goes beyond a preponderance or reasonable doubt because thats my fucking team and this makes me feel bad

One of these was not an actual argument advanced by Pats fans or their goons, but to me it is the only one of the 6 that makes any sense.

To be fair to our friend zychi, he thinks that The Dark Knight was the best movie of the past decade (if I remember correctly), so we really shouldn't take any of his opinions seriously.

Oh ok. I'm glad they won* those Superbowls.

Spinluck

I mean, clearly Pete is clean as a whistle. No way Seattle is cheating. They may have been at a handicap with that OC and Russ at QB.

Do you remember when we beat the Bears in the Superbowl?

Prince did the half time show, and performed Purple Rain in the rain.

It was better than the game itself.

Also, Bears suck.

bionic77

To be fair to our friend zychi, he thinks that The Dark Knight was the best movie of the past decade (if I remember correctly), so we really shouldn't take any of his opinions seriously.
He is obviously trolling you guys.

You can never feed trolls dudes. It is internet 101.

zychi

Banned
The Seahawks have never deflated balls, illegally videotaped opponents, or harbored a known murderer, so I don't think that applies here.

That idiom is generally used to point out that the accuser is guilty of the same transgressions of the accused, which just simply isn't the case, by the way.
Oh, you mean breaking league rules? Like being fine 300,000 for practicing illegally during the offseason? Or for being fined in 2012 too for the same thing?

Or that every team before 2006 taped the other teams practices? Jimmy Johnson, Cowher all admit to it. Theres even stories of teams swapping practice tape. For shame!

PED use. Much worse for tampering the game then air out of a ball.

Godslay

Banned
Oh ok. I'm glad they won those Superbowls.

It's like winning a bout of SF2 when you have the good first party controller and your friend has that busted third party controller that has a fucked up d-pad, that smells like cancer plastic, the shoulder buttons don't work, and it's has some crazy ass bootleg flea market Korean name like Panasonyo on it. It's not really winning unless the playing field is level.

cdyhybrid

Oh, you mean breaking league rules? Like being fine 300,000 for practicing illegally during the offseason? Or for being fined in 2012 too for the same thing?

Or that every team before 2006 taped the other teams practices? Jimmy Johnson, Cowher all admit to it. Theres even stories of teams swapping practice tape. For shame!

PED use. Much worse for tampering the game then air out of a ball.

Again, I don't see what any of this has to do with the Pats being caught breaking the rules.

zychi

Banned
Do you remember when we beat the Bears in the Superbowl?

Prince did the half time show, and performed Purple Rain in the rain.

It was better than the game itself.

Also, Bears suck.
Yep. I remember. Fumbles and rain galore. Joseph Addai couldnt be stopped.
Peyton sucked just like he sucked against NO, just like he sucked against the Seahawks*

It's like winning a bout of SF2 when you have the good first party controller and your friend has that busted third party controller that has a fucked up d-pad, that smells like cancer plastic, the shoulder buttons don't work, and it's has some crazy ass bootleg flea market Korean name like Panasonyo on it. It's not really winning unless the playing field is level.
You gotta do what you gotta do.

Godslay

Banned
Yep. I remember. Fumbles and rain galore. Joseph Addai couldnt be stopped.
Peyton sucked just like he sucked against NO, just like he sucked against the Seahawks*

Rhodes maybe?

Peyton was the MVP of that Superbowl by the way. Had a decent game considering the conditions.

Sometimes I wonder if you even watched these games you refer to.

cdyhybrid

Pot meet kettle.

Whining about rule breaking when your team consistently does it. Stop whining about it and lets move on. Jesus Christ.

And we were fined for those things, players were suspended. I just ask for the same fair penalties when it comes to the Pats.

It's very disappointing that you'd lobby for a particular team to get special treatment.

zychi

Banned
Rhodes maybe?

Peyton was the MVP of that Superbowl by the way. Had a decent game considering the conditions.

Sometimes I wonder if you even watched these games you refer to.

Addai had more total yards. 130+ if I remember right.

Peyton had a passer rating of 85ish, not great.

Sometimes I wonder if you just choose to make a narrative for yourself?

Bears lost because Grossman sucks and fumbled twice, and Cedric Benson fumbled.

But hey, you must have seen a different game then me

zychi

Banned
Damn, zychi is still salty about a game the Bears lost a decade ago. Sad state of affairs in Bears Nation.

Aint salty. Ted Philiips.

There's enough salt in this thread from you and the people who care about a rule that never mattered until people like you whine on twitter to ESPN about it and turn it into a story.

Same people who make Tebow a story, same people who made Chip Kelly doing nothing in the draft a story.

cajunator

Banned
Addai had more total yards. 130+ if I remember right.

Peyton had a passer rating of 85ish, not great.

Sometimes I wonder if you just choose to make a narrative for yourself?

Bears lost because Grossman sucks and fumbled twice, and Cedric Benson fumbled.

But hey, you must have seen a different game then me

Brees with dat 114.5 rating in the Owl
<3

Top Bottom