• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

cdyhybrid

Aint salty. Ted Philiips.

There's enough salt in this thread from you and the people who care about a rule that never mattered until people like you whine on twitter to ESPN about it and turn it into a story.

Same people who make Tebow a story, same people who made Chip Kelly doing nothing in the draft a story.
I don't get salty. I'm one of the most reasonable posters here. I'm sorry the Bears screwed up their only chance to be relevant in the 21st century, but your grief is no justification to make slanderous accusations towards me.

Tom Penny

Addai had more total yards. 130+ if I remember right.

Peyton had a passer rating of 85ish, not great.

Sometimes I wonder if you just choose to make a narrative for yourself?

Bears lost because Grossman sucks and fumbled twice, and Cedric Benson fumbled.

But hey, you must have seen a different game then me

Manning carried them that postseason though with 3 TD's and only 7 INT in 4 games.

zychi

Banned
I don't get salty. I'm one of the most reasonable posters here. I'm sorry the Bears screwed up their only chance to be relevant in the 21st century, but your grief is no justification to make slanderous accusations towards me.

When every other post by you involves the term Pats, spygate, or something Pats related, I'd call that
industrial-road-salt.jpg

It's in your post history. Can't deny it.

Manning carried them that postseason though with 3 TD's and only 7 INT in 4 games.

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Yeah I made a poor decision I feel not too long ago. Waiting to see how it plays out.

My first big mistake probably came in Keira's subplot. Was fixated on completing the subplot as quickly as possible to get virtual Keira nookie
87dk.png
and didn't think things through.
And ended up unleashing a murderous plague spirit that now roams freely through Velen.
Woops
snoopfacepalm.png

This decision wasn't AS bad I guess.
Saved a guy from drowners on the side of the road, who then later turns into a bandit and murders an entire refugee camp.
jwillidontknow.png

cdyhybrid

When every other post by you involves the term Pats, spygate, or something Pats related, I'd call that
industrial-road-salt.jpg

It's in your post history. Can't deny it.

I merely chime in on what is being discussed in the thread at the moment. I can't help that NFL-Age has a strong sense of justice and is (understandably) very dismayed by the integrity of our favorite game being threatened. In fact, I think it's an encouraging sign that there are still good people in the world.

Godslay

Banned
Addai had more total yards. 130+ if I remember right.

Peyton had a passer rating of 85ish, not great.

Sometimes I wonder if you just choose to make a narrative for yourself?

Bears lost because Grossman sucks and fumbled twice, and Cedric Benson fumbled.

But hey, you must have seen a different game then me

Then why didn't they write articles like this for Addai?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2754606 deppaws era stats

Some say Addai and Rhodes should have shared MVP, but Rhodes was more dominate and took the game over. Addai had a good game though. Rhodes broke that defense and Addai ate because of it.

Tom Brady has won a Superbowl MVP with equivalent stats:

Tom Brady: 25/38 247yds 1TD 1int
Peyton Manning: 16/27 145yds 1TD 0int

One played in a fucking monsoon, and the other was in a dome. Just so you know the Bears v. Colts game was the one in the rain. Good stats considering.

The narrative was written back then. I have no need to revise history.

I merely chime in on what is being discussed in the thread at the moment. I can't help that NFL-Age has a strong sense of justice and is (understandably) very dismayed by the integrity of our favorite game being threatened. In fact, I think it's an encouraging sign that there are still good people in the world.
There are no good people here.

Malalaw

My first big mistake probably came in Keira's subplot. Was fixated on completing the subplot as quickly as possible to get virtual Keira nookie
87dk.png
and didn't think things through.
And ended up unleashing a murderous plague spirit that now roams freely through Velen.
Woops
snoopfacepalm.png

This decision wasn't AS bad I guess.
Saved a guy from drowners on the side of the road, who then later turns into a bandit and murders an entire refugee camp.
jwillidontknow.png

Oh man, yeah I did the total opposite and now everyone is all peaceful and happy. Working on getting some from another main character now. Swiggty swooty, I'm gonna get that booty.

zychi

Banned
Then why didn't they write articles like this for Addai?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2754606 deppaws era stats

Some say Addai and Rhodes should have shared MVP, but Rhodes was more dominate and took the game over. Addai had a good game though. Rhodes broke that defense and Addai ate because of it.

Tom Brady has won a Superbowl MVP with equivalent stats:

Tom Brady: 25/38 247yds 1TD 1int
Peyton Manning: 16/27 145yds 1TD 0int

The narrative was written back then. I have no need to revise history.
Yeah, totally narrative was set.
Rhodes had 10 rushes of 5 or more yards, five runs for 10-plus yards, and a 36-yard dash off the weak side in the third quarter to set up one of Adam Vinatieri's three field goals. If Addai softened the Chicago defense in the first half, Rhodes finished the ballyhooed but beleaguered unit in the second.

Manning got MVP, yet the article references a great rushing game, and field goals.
I mean 145 yards is totally the same as 247
25/38 is totally the same as 16/27

Similar numbers. Different narrative.

When you wanna attack me, feel free to do some research first, maybe watch a highlight package of the game. Thanks Godslay ;)

Bowser

Out of all the Young QB's Luck is the only one worth it, I think Cam's good QB, but his value is more like $60-70m, Tannehill $50-60m, I think Matt Ryan is good but not worth that money, they have him some good WR and still haven't proven himself IMO...

Edit:I forgot someone, Slimford I think he's another Matt Ryan QB...

oNObxMf.gif

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, totally narrative was set.

Manning got MVP, yet the article references a great rushing game, and field goals.

When you wanna attack me, feel free to do some research first, maybe watch a highlight package of the game. Thanks Godslay ;)

You see this on that URL?
deppaws era stats

What does it spell out backwards?
Stats are swapped, I put it in there so you would quote it and know that I didn't go back and alter my post.

I swapped those stats because I knew you would go down this road.

Tom Brady's stats listed in my post are actually Manning's Colts v. Bears stats.
Peyton Manning's stats are actually Tom Brady's from Pats v. Rams.

Thanks for making the argument for me.

FF VI seems pretty cool but man these translations of moves back then are lol. Safe=Protect, Bolt=Thunder, Atom Edge=Zantetsuken. Maybe it's the ps version.

Bowser

deppaws era stats

Stats are swapped, I put it in there so you would quote it and know that I didn't go back and alter my post.

Tom Brady's stats listed in my post are actually Manning's Colts v. Bears stats.

giphy.gif

Bread

Banned
deppaws era stats

lmao

ty based slay

zychi

Banned
deppaws era stats

INT, lost fumble, 81.5 passer rating for Manning. Sounds MVP like to me.

191 rushing yards between two RBs.

Brady got MVP for game winning drive. Can you name his running back without googling it? Can you name his receivers?

Pats had less offensive plays because their defense scored off Kurt Warner INT.

Again, do some research before attacking me.

Remember how this guy didn't get MVP in the Super Bowl? Better stats then both.

18/25 206 yards 88.1 Passer rating

Wilson against your Broncos

Similar stats. Different narrative.

Godslay

Banned

INT, lost fumble, 81.5 passer rating for Manning. Sounds MVP like to me.

191 rushing yards between two RBs.

Brady got MVP for game winning drive. Can you name his running back without googling it? Can you name his receivers?

Pats had less offensive plays because their defense scored off Kurt Warner INT.

Again, do some research before attacking me.

Remember how this guy didn't get MVP in the Super Bowl? Better stats then both.

Wilson against your Broncos

You should have taken your own advice before backing 'Tom's' numbers in my first post.

Why wouldn't I use Google to fact check myself before inserting my foot into my mouth? Shame to have all that info at your fingertips and not use it.

Wilson had a good game against the Broncos in the Superbowl. Good for him. No excuses here.

ampere

There are 32 teams/fanbases in the NFL. One is the Pats, which are under the delusional impression that they aren't cheaters. One is the Seahawks, which I am part of. 32-2 leaves 30 teams.

Pats fans can't even do basic subtraction, and we're supposed to trust them when it comes to matters of fair play and integrity?

WEoah you are on the Hawks??? What's your number

zychi

Banned
You should have taken your own advice before backing 'Tom's' numbers in my first post.

Why wouldn't I use Google to fact check myself before inserting my foot into my mouth? Shame to have all that info at your fingertips and not use it.

Wilson had a good game against the Broncos in the Superbowl. Good for him. No excuses here.

Notice how I only quoted your yards and attempts? And referenced INT in the post above?

You aren't reading what I wrote, are you?

We can try this again.

They had similar numbers in passing, even you call it "equivalent" but Peyton had a INT and a fumble lossed and a worse Passer Rating(which I reference before you quoted weird fake stats), yet he got an MVP over a game that was mostly rush yards, field goals and turnovers from the Indy defense.

The article YOU linked, references all of this. The same post you quote of mine with the article, I'm making guesses based off my memory. Oh look at that, I was right about Addai being better stats wise. Yet the narrative was that Rhodes was.

Again, did you watch the game? Because Brady did have a game winning drive, while Peyton was handing the ball off (not his fault it was raining and he couldn't handle cold weather yet)

Godslay

Banned
Notice how I only quoted your yards and attempts? And referenced INT in the post above?

We can try this again.

They had similar numbers in passing, even you call it "equivalent" but Peyton had a INT and a fumble lossed and a worse Passer Rating(which I reference before you quoted weird fake stats), yet he got an MVP over a game that was mostly rush yards, field goals and turnovers from the Indy defense.

The article YOU linked, references all of this. The same post you quote of mine with the article, I'm making guesses based off my memory. Oh look at that, I was right about Addai being better stats wise. Yet the narrative was that Rhodes was.

Again, did you watch the game? Because Brady did have a game winning drive, while Peyton was handing the ball off (not his fault it was raining and he couldn't handle cold weather yet)

Take the L.

Goodnight.

Godslay

Banned
Good to know you only remember a trophy being raised and not the actual game. Proving my point that you don't remember anything about the game.

You should watch it. Show you how shitty Peyton played. Not as bad against Sea or NO, but still shitty.

MVP MVP

I'm watching it right now, why don't you join me and enjoy this masterful drive which featured Manning and Rhodes on a championship drive to take the lead in the second quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FrC2xxXbs&t=49m25s

BigAT

We can try this again.

Bro...

20kav40.gif

Godslay

Banned
This drive is basically where Rhodes took over and started to seal the game for the Colts. If anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FrC2xxXbs&t=89m40s

Plus it makes sense to run the ball in that weather, with a lead, and the line plowing holes.

Sure!

[insert field goals, rushing touchdowns, Manning fumble and dump offs]

e: this is my favorite

Recovers from early mistakes and wins game = Shitty Game.

I don't know what the Broncos have to do with anything we are discussing.

I've watched that Superbowl a couple of times, and it doesn't bother me. Add it to the list of shitty Superbowls.

You can keep trying though.

The real question is how much people will post gifs of Immortan Joe shouting MEDIOCRE in Mad Max Fury Road the second details of Russell's megaton extension is announced

Top Bottom