• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Hammer24

Banned
Fallout 4 looks cool. Shame itll be a bug riddle broken mess on consoles, and have to wait a month on pc for modders to fix it, assuming bethesda doesnt charge people for mods like they tried to on steam.

Amazing how quickly the gaming world forgets.

They will now have to live up to the Witcher, which is a tall order indeed.

zychi

Banned
No they only seem to care when it is MS. EA is having record profits every quarter, and I believe Ubisoft has done well of late also. Hell Unity was a mess at launch and it still sold millions.
The crew bombed because of unity.
Hardline bombed because of bf4

No they only seem to care when it is MS. EA is having record profits every quarter, and I believe Ubisoft has done well of late also. Hell Unity was a mess at launch and it still sold millions.
It's about the quality of the games aside from the technical issues. If a game is good enough and ambitious enough I don't mind letting some tech issues slide. That said, I don't think something like Skyrim on PS3 is acceptable.

If we're talking sales, MS just isn't putting out enough games.

Hardline bombed because of bf4
I loved BF4. I didn't buy Hardline because it looked like a BF4 mod that made the game less interesting. I don't think I'm alone.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
There's another $10M bonus in Newton's contract for next year. So the deal is extremely similar to Ryan's. Not loaded on one side or the other. Decent deal all around. 2020 is a club option year, but if Car still wants him then, that money will just be folded into his next deal.

Bowser

There's another $10M bonus in Newton's contract for next year. So the deal is extremely similar to Ryan's. Not loaded on one side or the other. Decent deal all around. 2020 is a club option year, but if Car still wants him then, that money will just be folded into his next deal.

Yep, and his 2016 base salary ($13M) is fully gtd on 3rd day of 2016 league year:

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 16m16 minutes ago
@BobMorrisSports @Jason_OTC @AlbertBreer Newton's $13M 2016 base salary is GTD for injury at signing & fully GTD 3rd day of '16 league year.

So by this time next year, Newton will have made $54m ($22.5m signing, $7.5m 2015 roster bonus, $1m 2015 base, $10m 2016 roster bonus, $13m 2016 base)

Good contract breakdown here: http://overthecap.com/closer-look-at-cam-newtons-contract/

Regardless I would consider this one of the strongest player friendly contracts in the NFL based on size, structure, cash flows, and likelihood of earning. Of the big 4 (and Joe Flacco, not listed) Rodgers has the most team friendly deal due to the Packers extending him when he had two years remaining on his prior contract.

zychi

Banned
It's about the quality of the games aside from the technical issues. If a game is good enough and ambitious enough I don't mind letting some tech issues slide. That said, I don't think something like Skyrim on PS3 is acceptable.

If we're talking sales, MS just isn't putting out enough games.

I loved BF4. I didn't buy Hardline because it looked like a BF4 mod that made the game less interesting. I don't think I'm alone.
I loved bf4, a few months after launch. It was a mess when it released, not mcc bad, but it was the mcc of its time.

jbug617

Banned
According to Peter King the only way to watch that Buffalo vs Jags game will be on Yahoo if you are out of market
@SI_PeterKing:BREAKING: NFL awards Yahoo world rights to Buff-Jax game Oct. 25. Game on local TV in Buf/Jax markets. No other TV. Just Yahoo platforms.

I haven't turned on my PS4 since, like, October :/

Although I do want to pick up MKX and Batman

I played a lot of NBA 2k15 lately (ended up trading in) and I was going to play a lot of USF4 but the port is a mess.

I got Batman and J-Stars Victory this month. Also probably going to buy Blazblue but I don't know which console yet (probably more people are going to buy it on PS4 than XB1).

We have too many unknowns on defense, it could go either way
sfl-miami-dolphins-ota-ten-questions-20140526-005

Can't wait for Jelani to get 200+ tackles this season. :)

eznark

Banned
I mean games that actually make their money back.

At this point Nintendo is a crappy low quality plastic figure company that makes software to work with the figures.

Why would I give a fuck? It takes about 20% of the time to find a match as it did in Titanfall at release and that's the only thing I care about in terms of sales. Despite not being big sellers it's never been hard to find matches in Mario Kart, Smash or Splatoon.

I give no fucks about Nintendo's financial situation.

ampere

Hey man, I'm here to please!

https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/brady-wake.jpg?w=620&h=325&crop=1[img]

By the way how's the job search going (assuming you're looking)?[/QUOTE]

Ya I'm looking, no bites so far. Weren't you looking at something new in Colorado or somewhere? How is that going

Ya I'm looking, no bites so far. Weren't you looking at something new in Colorado or somewhere? How is that going
I've applied to a bunch of jobs, probably 15 or so within the past year. They're all over the place but mostly out west. Nothing so far... Fun stuff! Hope you get some good news soon.

cajunator

Banned
Still waiting for sony or ms to get some exclusives out. This gen sucks so far.

Yeah it pretty much does. Most uneventful generation in a long time. Maybe ever.
There is a huge lack of hype. I dont htink its because Im too old for gaming, because thats not true. Theres just a complete dearth of game announcements and releases relative to other generations. Its really bizarre. Does the cost and risk of game production mean that every game now has to be a 4 year project? It takes forever for anything to come out anymore. In Ps2 days you had dozens of new titles every month to sort through. Now its like if you dont like the flavor of the month you are basically out of luck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah it pretty much does. Most uneventful generation in a long time. Maybe ever.
There is a huge lack of hype. I dont htink its because Im too old for gaming, because thats not true. Theres just a complete dearth of game announcements and releases relative to other generations. Its really bizarre. Does the cost and risk of game production mean that every game now has to be a 4 year project? It takes forever for anything to come out anymore. In Ps2 days you had dozens of new titles every month to sort through. Now its like if you dont like the flavor of the month you are basically out of luck.

Here's what I'm hyped about:

htc-vive-pr-630.jpg

zychi

Banned
Same to you! Being unemployed is boring as shit
Thats what video games are for.
My contract is up in two weeks. Gonna have some free time, trying to figure out what games I wanna play through. Def new Batman, xenoblade isnt grabbing me so im probably gonna drop it.

E: i could not give two shits about vr in video games. Now if i can get a theater experience in a headset, that would be awesome.

zychi

Banned
Between Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 this year is already shaping up to be one of my favorites in gaming. Not sure what you guys are complaining about.
Complaining about consoles. I can get witcher 3 on pc.

Bloodborne didnt grab me.
Demon souls and ds1 were more fun and new to me.

Top Bottom