• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Spinluck

Not arguing dude. Got nothing to do today. And Slay didnt do anything. Everyone keeps reading his post but not mine he originally quoted. Peyton and Brady at similar stats.
Brady didnt have an int or fumble lost. I even bring it up before Slay, who fell for my Flacco fact check the day before, switched the passing stats. Brady didnt deserve the mvp until he had a game winning drive to win. Colts were winning for 95% of the game.

Didnt change my point that the rb or a defensive player should have been the mvp for colts v bears. Which, slay quotes an article saying the exact same thing.

Whatever you say friend, I believe you.

Godslay

Banned
Not arguing dude. Got nothing to do today. And Slay didnt do anything. Everyone keeps reading his post but not mine he originally quoted. Peyton and Brady at similar stats.
Brady didnt have an int or fumble lost. I even bring it up before Slay, who fell for my Flacco fact check the day before, switched the passing stats. Brady didnt deserve the mvp until he had a game winning drive to win. Colts were winning for 95% of the game.

Didnt change my point that the rb or a defensive player should have been the mvp for colts v bears. Which, slay quotes an article saying the exact same thing.

Fell for your fact check. Come on bro, you stated that Flacco had 0, and I said math is hard. Implicitly that means that I knew Flacco had 1 ring.

My point was Peyton and Brady had similar games and they both won the MVP for those respective Superbowls. You went hard trying to show that Brady's swapped stats (Manning's actual stats) were better than Manning's (Brady's actual stats) and that they weren't equivalent, basically ballwashing Tom's imaginary SB stats.

My argument was basically that Rhodes could have won MVP because he took the game over. Addai also had merit but less so. Peyton had early mistakes but recovered, and put together championship drives with the offense. QBs always are more important and likely more valuable. If they put together a decent game (which Manning did by your own admission), they are most likely to win it.

The article I posted was in reference to Rhodes over Addai as MVP (which was the initial argument). Manning also deserved it, as it's more skewed towards QBs.

For the record I also wanted the Bears to beat the Colts in that game. I didn't even like Peyton at that point.

zychi

Banned
Fell for your fact check. Come on bro, you stated that Flacco had 0, and I said math is hard. Implicitly that means that I knew Flacco had 1 ring.

My point was Peyton and Brady had similar games and they both won the MVP for those respective Superbowls. You went hard trying to show that Brady's swapped stats (Manning's actual stats) were better than Manning's (Brady's actual stats) and that they weren't equivalent, basically ballwashing Tom's imaginary SB stats.

My argument was basically that Rhodes could have won MVP because he took the game over. Addai also had merit but less so. Peyton had early mistakes but recovered, and put together championship drives with the offense. QBs always are more important and likely more valuable. If they put together a decent game (which Manning did by your own admission), they are most likely to win it.

The article I posted was in reference to Rhodes over Addai as MVP (which was the initial argument). Manning also deserved it, as it's more skewed towards QBs.

For the record I also wanted the Bears to beat the Colts in that game. I didn't even like Peyton at that point.

Addai still had the better stats, and is still why I think of him over Rhodes when I think of that game. Rhodes was running the ball because they were ahead already and in the "monsoon" (as you called it). Addai did the dirty work in the first half to keep it away from CHI.

The better stats arguement is what you brought up with the Peyton and Brady swapped stats. Which in the original post you quoted me, I say SIMILAR STATS DIFFERENT NARRATIVE and even reference Peyton's INT which is still there in your swapped stats. I say it numerous times throughout our convo. Brady got the MVP with similar stats because he had a game winning drive. If he doesn't, the MVP goes to a Ram. A different narrative.

Peyton got the MVP over Rhodes/Addai/the best defensive player of that game because the narrative was "can Peyton finally win the big one?" It was going to Peyton regardless. Just like Kobe didn't deserve it against Boston, Gasol did. The narrative was different.

zychi

Banned
Why the fuck are we even arguing about the 06 Super Bowl any fucking way?

Got something better to talk about?

Eagles fan ripping on my bears, which led to someone bringing up the shit show super bowl, which led to me saying Peyton didn't deserve the mvp, which led to me and Godslay again.

Respect

That's because you have enough eyes on the inside!

All thanks to Kos...or is it Kosm?

Yeah dude, Witcher 3 is fantastic. I'm just finishing up all the areas in Velen before I head off to Skellige.

Did they nerf fall damage in Witcher 3? It feels like I've been taking less. Geralt would lose half his health on a drop I would be able to make, and I'm not a Witcher with mutant strength and reflexes.

Hmmm, haven't noticed much of a change, had avoided falling at all for a few days until I fell about 5 feet yesterday over a railing and lost close to 30% of my health...

Godslay

Banned
Addai still had the better stats, and is still why I think of him over Rhodes when I think of that game. Rhodes was running the ball because they were ahead already and in the "monsoon" (as you called it). Addai did the dirty work in the first half to keep it away from CHI.

The better stats arguement is what you brought up with the Peyton and Brady swapped stats. Which in the original post you quoted me, I say SIMILAR STATS DIFFERENT NARRATIVE and even reference Peyton's INT which is still there in your swapped stats. I say it numerous times throughout our convo. Brady got the MVP with similar stats because he had a game winning drive. If he doesn't, the MVP goes to a Ram. A different narrative.

Peyton got the MVP over Rhodes/Addai/the best defensive player of that game because the narrative was "can Peyton finally win the big one?" It was going to Peyton regardless. Just like Kobe didn't deserve it against Boston, Gasol did. The narrative was different.

Addai had a good game no doubt. Some even called for a Co-MVP. When you look back on that game, it was really Rhodes and Manning that won it (credit to the OL as well).

I don't like to use deception in arguments, it's not fair. That being said, I knew if I gave you enough rope you would hang yourself with it because I knew that you would see Brady's faux stats and get thirsty especially since they were better than Manning's. What added to the schadenfreude, was you were telling me to up my research game, all the while backing incorrect numbers.

The more I argue with people, the more I realize it's a waste of time. I plan to do it less and less as the season dawns. I want to get back to the pure enjoyment of the game, and just enjoying this forum to bs with other like minded football fans.

With that, my work is done in this argument and I officially bury that hatchet.

Bloodborne and drive club are decent exclusives, drive club was broken for a few months sadly. Neither are wortha $400 console. Im not the only one "bitching" in here. Someone said they havent turned theirs on since last october.
Sell the console, move on and/or invest in the competition or a PC. Re-buy when there's something that you (a general you) deem "worthy" of $400. It's really not /that/ difficult. Unless someone is holding your child hostage and forcing you to own a PS4/X1 - its a luxury device that's replaceable.

Friend Grover, who is going to win the women's cup?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32035-1343322306-3.gif

zychi

Banned
Sell the console, move on and/or invest in the competition or a PC. Re-buy when there's something that you (a general you) deem "worthy" of $400. It's really not /that/ difficult. Unless someone is holding your child hostage and forcing you to own a PS4/X1 - its a luxury device that's replaceable.

I already have.

Spinluck

Why the fuck are we even arguing about the 06 Super Bowl any fucking way?

Hehehe

Could've used this earlier friend!

well said!

Malalaw

Hit level 17 last night, finished Novigrad. Did a lot of horse racing now so I can carry a lot more things in my bag. Now off to Skellige it seems.

ampere

If I'm an alt then how come my posts are always original

I'll just leave this here

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11351331_10205464041613611_6104770938651244432_n.jpg?oh=b85ef0fb335a4b0ba3c488f7e67ea5d0&oe=56006636[IMG][/QUOTE]

I chuckled.

zychi

Banned
zychi how do feel about the poster LJ11?

dont know him really. googling him he has an mlb avatar so i assume he posts in mlb? hes not banned either

Obviously Chan is an outstanding superior being compared to filthy scum like you. He also doesn't live in Florida.

just admit who you are and lets move on.

e: someone in nfl gaf is from one of the previous forums i used to frequent before i started posting here. not sure who it was, but they tried to call me out originally when i first started posting in nff gaf.

Top Bottom