• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Malalaw

10669005_10207279090434846_1483472171203295495_o.jpg

Yes, that's my weapon.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stephen Tulloch: Detroit Lions defense will be 'damn good' despite losses

ALLEN PARK — The Detroit Lions suffered the league's biggest free-agent loss when Ndamukong Suh bolted for Miami.

How Detroit goes about compensating for his loss, as well as that of Nick Fairley, will be one of the biggest keys to their season. And Stephen Tulloch isn't concerned.

"Speaking for our defense," the middle linebacker said, "I know we'll be damn good."

Better, he says, than even last year's defense.

"I think so," he said.

That will be a high bar to attain. The Lions finished second in overall defense last season, third in points allowed and were first against the run.

They allowed just 69.3 rushing yards per game, making it one of the 10 best rush defenses of all time.

That defense, and particularly the rush defense, will look different this year without Suh and Fairley anchoring things up front. But the Lions traded for a five-time All-Pro, Haloti Ngata, to help smooth the transition. And they return each of the remaining nine starters, including all the linebackers and defensive backs.

Coordinator Teryl Austin also is back after an offseason dalliance with the Atlanta Falcons.

That, according to Tulloch, should be more than enough firepower to remain one of the game's best defenses despite what losses occurred up front.

"Our secondary is as strong as it has been since I've been here," Tulloch said. "You guys (in the media) all know what we endured the first couple years of me being here."

Also helping to offset the loss of Suh is the return of Tulloch. The longtime starter played just two-plus games last year due to a torn ACL that he suffered while celebrating a sack against Green Bay.

He made his return to the field during OTAs last week, though participated only in individual drills. The 10th-year veteran is on course to make a full return before the start of the season.

"I'm back, I'm healthy. I'd be out there practicing (in team drills) if they let me," Tulloch said. "You see me out there running. I'm sure you got footage. I'm back, 2014's over. I'll be in the middle again this year, and we'll have a great defense and a great team."

Tulloch made the comments last week while promoting his annual charity softball game. It will be held Friday evening at King Boring Field in Dearborn.

Gates open at 5 p.m., and tickets cost $10. Proceeds benefit Tulloch's Operation 55, which works with underprivileged children in Detroit Public Schools.

Tulloch is the captain for one team, and Golden Tate is the captain for the other.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/06/stephen_tulloch_detroit_lions_1.html

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who cares, baseball is boring :(... what happened to me, my attention span is next to none. In all seriousness, is it that or are the games just dull now?

Anyways Marcus Smart will lead us from the darkness :)

Bowser

Let's take a look back at what NFL-GAF was like 10 years ago:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33736
I bet you won't find any fucking anime

Originally Posted by ConfusingJazz

Hey bay area people, I have been wondering, does anybody know who the niners are leaning to for their pick, is it Cedric Benson or Alex Smith, and please don't tell me there is a lot of talk about the overrated Aaron Rodgers...

aaron-rodgers.gif

edit: FUCK YOU BREAD ARGH

Bread

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
being that rattay is more physically gifted than brandy, then no rattay wouldn't be a 2 time superbowl champ... he would be a THREE time superbowl champ going for the pinky this sunday. brady is a fraud and a liar, and he will be exposed this sunday!
fmt... pls ;_;

uh no offense but jason campbell is a fucking joke and if he is taken any higher than the 6th round i will be shocked. dude had pretty much the best running team in the nation and he was still garbage. there is only 1 good QB in this draft, and his name is alex smif

there is only 1 good QB in this draft, and his name is alex smif

only 1 good QB

alex smif
AR2.jpg

zychi

Banned

even better:
i dont live in the bay area, but here are some facts about the draft:

* We won't be drafting cedric benson. to do that, we would have to get rid of Barlow. if we cut barlow, we owe him $18 million now (brilliant move you fucking joke Terry Donahue). if we can find a team to take him in a trade, we would be ok, but who is going to eat that salary?

* Nolan says we are going to use the first pick

* Mel Kiper has us picking alex smith, others aaron rodgers. aaron rodgers is a joke and a fraud

* not many people see us trading down because management has been so insistent that we're going to use the pick

why fuck john york? it was donahue who was in charge of the contracts. i read an interview with york and he basically said he's going to stay out of personnel affairs from now on, and mike nolan is for all intents and purposes the top dog in regards to those decisions.

york realized he made a mistake with donahue. donahue was the one who convinced york to fire mooch. now why would donahue want mooch fired? oh right, because mooch was making a push for more power and personnel decision making... but isn't that the job of the GM (donahue)? yes, it is. donahue knew he was a fraud and didn't want mooch, who was 100123224 times more capable, taking his job. sucks for us, but give york credit. he got raped for $10 million out of pocket money JUST to get rid of erickson and donahue, he deserves credit for owning up to the mistakes of the past.

Top Bottom