• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Omnia is the latest club opened at Caesars', they're charging people with a Y chromosome $100 to get in apparently.

Cost us about 5 grand (ish i only put up a few hundred) for bottle service there but probably one of the best I've done in Vegas. And I've done pretty much all of them. It's split into the main room (EDM) and a smaller hip hop room.

They really upgrade from what they had before.

Jarnet87

In the end, its pretty much a very despicable anti-consumerist practice. Cut out backwards compatibility to maximize your profit on console sales; then sell cheap remakes instead of financing risky expensive new IP.

*goes pre-ordering

except they aren't cheap. I've been against remasters from the beginning, and it is largely because of the high prices. $40-$60 is a sick joke.

You know anyone bitching that $40-$60 for a remake is too much....you can wait to buy it. I got the TLOUR for $18 and I never even played it on PS3 so it was a brand new game for me.

Spinluck

Yes? Even more so. Except Hollywood isn't asking 40-60 bucks a remake.

That was my point.

Also the stop looking back sentiment is so dumb. Especially when a lot of today's stuff may not be as satiating to some.

People will pay for what they enjoy, if that's a FFXII remake/remaster, so fucking be it. I can think of worst ways to spend my money.

bionic77

WW remake was so good. That was actually the first time I played through the entire game. I wish Nintendo would double down on HD remakes. I really want Twilight Princess.

I am just about done with them on PS4. Enough is enough!
I loved WW on the Cube (even the collecting was not horrible for me as I loved the sailing and I had a ton of cash at the end so it did not slow me down much) but even that game I am not sure I needed a remake for.

It is amazing for people who never played the original (which is probably most people). But for most games I am just not that interested in a remake. It is a good way to get you replay a game but we should be clamoring for more new games instead.

They haven't gone far enough. The next generation should be rereleases of the N64 and Playstation. Most games available on launch? By far. Think of the beautiful games they could put out now on that same tech. Who doesn't want to see cartridges come back? Nobody I know.

I think Nintendo and Sony could probably get away with launch prices of $200 for the consoles, as long as they include a game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That was my point.

Also the stop looking back sentiment is so dumb. Especially when a lot of today's stuff may not be as satiating to some.

People will pay for what they enjoy, if that's a FFXII remake/remaster, so fucking be it. I can think of worst ways to spend my money.

Yes, but you're a hillbilly who thinks grain alcohol in mason jars makes good wedding gifts. Your judgement is already null and void.

BigAT

NAME THE GAME, AT

NAME IT

dota2.jpg

bionic77

$40 is fair

But for $60...

Hey, make your money while you can Naughty Dog!
I think $60 is ok if you bundle in 3 or more games.

If these companies start making good money on remakes than they will never have a reason to ever include BC again. No one would fucking buy Uncharted remakes if the PS3 ones worked on the PS4. At least not in any significant numbers unless the remake was substantial. And no one knows how Nintendo thinks but I wonder if they will take that into consideration with their next consoles.

Not enough disrespect in here.

#Fuckthepats

$40 is fair

But for $60...

Hey, make your money while you can Naughty Dog!

I'm going to wait on buying it because with school i don't have the time to play it anyways but if I did I'd spend $60 bucks. I have the money and like you said I spend it on stupid shit sometimes, but at least I enjoy it.

I loved WW on the Cube (even the collecting was not horrible for me as I loved the sailing and I had a ton of cash at the end so it did not slow me down much) but even that game I am not sure I needed a remake for.

It is amazing for people who never played the original (which is probably most people). But for most games I am just not that interested in a remake. It is a good way to get you replay a game but we should be clamoring for more new games instead.

WW was one of my favorite games, I also loved the collecting and sailing. I thought they did a great job with the exploration aspect.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

If these companies start making good money on remakes than they will never have a reason to ever include BC again. No one would fucking buy Uncharted remakes if the PS3 ones worked on the PS4. At least not in any significant numbers unless the remake was substantial. And no one knows how Nintendo thinks but I wonder if they will take that into consideration with their next consoles.

Nintendo has made some amazing remakes so far though so I could get on board with that.

bionic77

#Fuckthepats

I'm going to wait on buying it because with school i don't have the time to play it anyways but if I did I'd spend $60 bucks. I have the money and like you said I spend it on stupid shit sometimes, but at least I enjoy it.

WW was one of my favorite games, I also loved the collecting and sailing. I thought they did a great job with the exploration aspect.
Wind Waker and Skies of Arcadia fucking nailed that shit. So did Grandia to a lesser extent. I remember the outrage on the internet and how it disappeared for the most part 10 minutes after people got the game.

Nintendo has made some amazing remakes so far though so I could get on board with that.
Nintendo is generally pretty good with games.

It might just be me but my younger cousins don't give a fuck about single player games anymore. They only care about Madden, FIFA (to a much lesser extent) and whatever the big online FPS is at the moment.

It is sad for me that a lot of people don't appreciate how awesome a good single player game can be, but at the same time that seems to be the way the winds are blowing and the customer is always right (even when they have horrible taste and are dumb as shit).

Spinluck

Knowing them they will still do BC, for sure.

#Fuckthepats

Same here lol.

Uncharted is fun (only played the first 2), but ugh at the remake bullshit.

I kind of want that Wind Waker remake but even that seems like a waste. This is just way too soon IMO.

The only remake I want to see from last gen is Galaxy in HD. And Nintendo probably doesn't have the resources to do that the right way at the moment.
Wind Waker remake is amazing. Loved revisiting it, love the things they fixed. Well worth the money. Mario Galaxy remasters would be the most easy buys of all time for me.

I understand remaster fatigue. I simply pick and choose what remasters I care to own. Uncharted will be one of them. I love all three for the summer action movie experiences that they try to emulate. Uncharted 2 in particular is still one of my top experiences from last generation. I'm ecstatic that Bluepoint is developing.

Hindl

WW might be worth another go, they really nailed the remake, cleaned a lot of stuff up and streamlined it. I hate to use this word but it's the definitive edition of the game. Plus you could probably find it for $30 or less now.

BigAT

lol at the NJ governor in a baseball uniform:

http://i.imgur.com/Ukkn9WW.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Dh9QPjB.jpg[mg]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gaEwps6.jpg[mg]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sSeuvJV.jpg[mg]

His pal Rex was there as well:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wnVxWXW.jpg[mg]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/FcnWVcO.jpg[mg][/QUOTE]

Good god...

Keep in mind this is a man that had lap-band surgery more than two years ago and was apparently down over 100 pounds from what he used to be.

Top Bottom