• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Like I really don't even want to get into a back and forth with Kas over Stafford vs. Cam. I'll leave it at that one post and keep it moving

There's no sport in attacking those who can't defend themselves.

Bread

Banned
Matt Stafford is so stoic in the face of pressure

staff.0.gif

Just saw the Parker news. Someone hold me. Can't help but think of another Dolphins WR drafted in the first round...

Yatil Green, a 6'2", 205 lbs. wide receiver from the University of Miami, was selected by the Miami Dolphins in the 1st round (15th overall pick) of the 1997 NFL Draft.

On the very first day of training camp, Green tore his quadriceps muscles, anterior cruciate ligament and cartilage in his right knee.[1] Green came back the next year and again tore the same ACL in training camp.[2] In his third and only season playing, 1999, he played in 9 games catching 18 receptions for 234 yards and no touchdowns. After three years and a total of 10 surgeries on his right knee, he was cut by the Dolphins after the 1999 year

jbug617

Banned
Another 49ers Retirement

Anthony Davis of the 49ers has retired from the NFL today.

Here is his statement:

After a few years of thought, I've decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL. This will be a time for me to allow my Brain and Body a chance to heal. I know many won't understand my decision, that's ok.

I hope you too have the courage to live your life how you planned it when day dreaming to yourself growing up. Your Life is Your dream and you have the power to control that dream. Im simply doing what's best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life.

Sincerely,
Anthony Davis

zychi

Banned
Is the nfl adding a new drug policy? Why are all the 9ers retiring? Just hate ownership/are too injured after being abused by the franchise ala Kyrie Irving and Cavs?

Crud

Banned
This will keep happening not just to the Niners. Other teams as well. It's almost fact that if you play pro football you will run into irreversible health issues.

The culture is shifting and its not in the NFL's favor.

Doomsayer

Another 49ers Retirement

Here is his statement:

What the fuck?!

This is almost comical now. He was away during OTAs "working on his own." This mother fucker has probably been chillin' the whole time and was like "naw, we straight."

Holy shit this team is in shambles.

Fox318

Another 49ers Retirement

Here is his statement:

Players are starting to understand the risks and for the players that truly take the hits in the trenches or on special teams they aren't getting paid enough.

Union is too worried about protecting the Revis and QBs instead of protecting 80% of their player base.

Pepiope

Players are starting to understand the risks and for the players that truly take the hits in the trenches or on special teams they aren't getting paid enough.

Union is too worried about protecting the Revis and QBs instead of protecting 80% of their player base.
It has only been 49ers though. It's odd.

Kyrie Irving out for the rest of the series.
#PrayForBG
#MostCursedCityInAmerica

Shame too. Last night was great basketball to watch. I don't want to watch the Warriors roll over the Cavs in 4

Bowser

Anthony Davis ‏@BamDavis_ 13m13 minutes ago
I'll be back in a year or so.. I'll be 26 or 27 years old. Im taking this time to allow my Brain and Body time to heal and recoup.

Hmm...

jakncoke

Banned
I'll be back in a year or so.. I'll be 26 or 27 years old. Im taking this time to allow my Brain and Body time to heal and recoup.

Hmm...

Does anthony davis think that taking a year or 2 off can reverse the the effects of multiple concussions?

Fox318

Hmm...

AKA

This team is gonna suck and this qb sucks. I an't taking hits and years off my life for this team.

Godslay

Banned
Kyrie Irving out for the rest of the series.
#PrayForBG
#MostCursedCityInAmerica

Shame too. Last night was great basketball to watch. I don't want to watch the Warriors roll over the Cavs in 4

Yeah, it's too bad. Could have been a good series. Maybe we might get a couple good games and the Warriors play down. It's the only hope the Cavs have.

Best we can hope for is some good ban moments now in that NBA thread.

Colasante

Gerald McCoy tweeted: "Investigation has to be coming for 49ers!! No way that many people from the same team retire coincidentally. What is going on in San Fran?"

Probably nothing, but Charles Robinson said many NFL players are thinking the same thing. It is intriguing, to say the least.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gerald McCoy tweeted: "Investigation has to be coming for 49ers!! No way that many people from the same team retire coincidentally. What is going on in San Fran?"

Probably nothing, but Charles Robinson said many NFL players are thinking the same thing. It is intriguing, to say the least.

Maybe there's someone in the Bay Area with some medical research data the players got an advance look at or something.

BigAT

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
After suffering a concussion last season, Anthony Davis missed the next 4 games and told reporters it was as if he was in a "white fog."

ampere

LevelNth

Banned
Davis retiring is huge for the Niners. He hasn't been himself since the first injury he had in 2013, and it's only been downhill from there. His contract was fresh and would've been a huge drag, but it's fully forfeited now.

Blessing in disguise.

Top Bottom