• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

The way this is going we are going to have to get the Gata on Maury. Get to the bottom of all this.

I can't wait to see Bionic's happy dance when he is told he is not the father, or rather yet to see him cry like a little bitch when he is told that he is the father. Either way we fucking win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The way this is going we are going to have to get the Gata on Maury. Get to the bottom of all this.

Someone in this thread:

featuresnfjdnfkdnfk.jpg

Godslay

Banned

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Western is turning on the ghetto lingo. Someone's family tree is in danger.

What if they tested us all and nobody was the father? Goddamn.

Please.

Bead of all people has had lots of unprotected sex in Florida too. That's a pretty distinct possibility.

Bionic was always the one talking about nutting inside some check randomly though. I'm still convinced he's to blame.

I turned game 2 off during the 4th quarter. I have to watch basketbrawl 19+ games each season when my college team plays in the B1G, I don't need it bleeding into the NBA finals.

hopefully tonight is officiated more like a basketball game! But I doubt the Cavs will let that happen, since they'll lose.

Godslay

Banned
Western is turning on the ghetto lingo. Someone's family tree is in danger.

Please.

Bead of all people has had lots of unprotected sex in Florida too. That's a pretty distinct possibility.

Bionic was always the one talking about nutting inside some check randomly though. I'm still convinced he's to blame.

That could be.

I turned game 2 off during the 4th quarter. I have to watch basketbrawl 19+ games each season when my college team plays in the B1G, I don't need it bleeding into the NBA finals.

hopefully tonight is officiated more like a basketball game! But I doubt the Cavs will let that happen, since they'll lose.

I like the physicality. Reminds me of the year the Pistons took down Shaq and Kobe.

cajunator

Banned
hopefully the Cleve blows out the Warriors. I just want that city to be happy. I really really do. Give them a damned championship please.

That could be.

I like the physicality. Reminds me of the year the Pistons took down Shaq and Kobe.
Can't stand it. Makes me eagerly await the robot ref future.

Basketball would be so much better without this bullshit. Other team is more talented? Fuck it, foul them until the refs get sick of calling it...

It is making this a competitive series though, so... there's that? I guess?

Fuck are you talking about?
I'm talking about how there's a meta-game in organized basketball where you establish early on in a game that if the refs are going to call a tight game, they're going to blow the whistle 70 times (on one team).

The refs always cave! Always. Coach K is probably the GOAT at it.

Godslay

Banned
Can't stand it. Makes me eagerly await the robot ref future.

Basketball would be so much better without this bullshit. Other team is more talented? Fuck it, foul them until the refs get sick of calling it...

It is making this a competitive series though, so... there's that? I guess?

Spreading the floor out and good passing is the natural counter to a team that is trying to push you around.

Nobody wants the refs blowing the whistle for ticky tack foul calls, you have to let teams play to some degree.

If flopping was eliminated, it would be a better game overall because you could have that balance.

Bread

Banned
I'm talking about how there's a meta-game in organized basketball where you establish early on in a game that if the refs are going to call a tight game, they're going to blow the whistle 70 times (on one team).

The refs always cave! Always. Coach K is probably the GOAT at it.
You said it's making this a competitive series, are you saying that the Cavs are fouling and the refs refuse to call it?

You said it's making this a competitive series, are you saying that the Cavs are fouling and the refs refuse to call it?
Yes. It's their strategy -- it was Memphis's too. Makes sense, it's the best way to slow a team like GS down.

I just can't stand it. It's how you get games scored in the 80s and the 70s and the 60s. I watched Illinois and Penn State play a college game where both teams scored in the 30s a few years ago. It's bad enough when one team has a commitment to fuckery, two is a whole 'nother level...

Spreading the floor out and good passing is the natural counter to a team that is trying to push you around.
Not really, just grab your man. Hard to catch when you're being tripped, bumped, and held.

The iso-ball of the late 90s/early 00s was the go-to strategy because it's the only effective strategy when the game is that physical.

Bread

Banned
Yes. It's their strategy -- it was Memphis's too. Makes sense, it's the best way to slow a team like GS down.

I just can't stand it. It's how you get games scored in the 80s and the 70s and the 60s. I watched Illinois and Penn State play a game where both teams scored in the 30s a few years ago. It's bad enough when one team has a commitment to fuckery, two is a whole 'nother level...
I don't know what game you're watching...Golden State was hacking way worse than Cleveland in game 2.

I don't know what game you're watching...Golden State was hacking way worse than Cleveland in game 2.
Sure, that's how they got back in the game. Have to adjust to the officiating. If that means foul like a bunch of douches because the refs won't call it...

It benefits Cleveland to make the game physical, just like it benefited (for example) Spain in the '08 Olympics against the US.

Bread

Banned
Sure, that's how they got back in the game. Have to adjust to the officiating. If that means foul like a bunch of douches because the refs won't call it...

It benefits Cleveland to make the game physical, just like it benefited (for example) Spain in the '08 Olympics against the US.
There's a difference between physical difference and "gaming the refs". The Cavs are playing solid team d and rebounding well. The difference between them and the Grizzlies is Lebron.

Godslay

Banned

I just can't stand it. It's how you get games scored in the 80s and the 70s and the 60s. I watched Illinois and Penn State play a college game where both teams scored in the 30s a few years ago. It's bad enough when one team has a commitment to fuckery, two is a whole 'nother level...

Not really, just grab your man. Hard to catch when you're being tripped, bumped, and held.

The iso-ball of the late 90s/early 00s was the go-to strategy because it's the only effective strategy when the game is that physical.

Design your plays around getting guys open then.

You can see it in GSW's game already tonight, more screens, more spreading the floor, and better passing. Problem is, Cavs are better down low at this point.

Design your plays around getting guys open then.

You can see it in GSW's game already tonight, more screens, more spreading the floor, and better passing. Problem is, Cavs are better down low at this point.
Warriors are more crisp, but that's about it. Cavs are better suited to the physical game because they iso so much anyway. Warriors have a lot of finesse players, which compounds their trouble (take away 5 man offense w/ physical play = leaves a bunch of weak, skilled guys to try and go one on one)

There's a difference between physical difference and "gaming the refs". The Cavs are playing solid team d and rebounding well. The difference between them and the Grizzlies is Lebron.
Grizz took it to 6, we'll see if the Cavs can do better.

Godslay

Banned
Warriors are more crisp, but that's about it. Cavs are better suited to the physical game because they iso so much anyway. Warriors have a lot of finesse players, which compounds their trouble (take away 5 man offense w/ physical play = leaves a bunch of weak, skilled guys to try and go one on one)

Build a better team then I guess?

If GSW had anyone who could contend with Thompson and Mozgov this series would be more lopsided. You need someone else to go to when the shooters go cold, or at least be multifaceted enough to be able to score via the drive. GSW feels like a purely jump shooting team right now, with only Iggy being able to score by going to the basket. They seem really 1 dimensional. Whether that is a function of fuckball or just being a jumpshooting team in disguise is the question.

Build a better team then I guess?

If GSW had anyone who could contend with Thompson and Mozgov this series would be more lopsided. You need someone else to go to when the shooters go cold, or at least be multifaceted enough to be able to score via the drive. GSW feels like a purely jump shooting team right now, with only Iggy being able to score by going to the basket. They seem really 1 dimensional. Whether that is a function of fuckball or just being a jumpshooting team in disguise is the question.
I've never been able to figure out what fuckball means, since it's used as a catch-all for any sort of ugly basketball in the NBA thread.

They are indeed one-dimensional when the game is officiated like this. They don't have guys who can iso. Simple as that! Gonna be a tough sled if it keeps up.

They're anything but one dimensional when they're allowed to play basketball. That's why I started paying attention to them! Still bummed we didn't get a Spurs/Warriors series, that would've been magical. Warriors/Clips would've been fun too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Warriors are beyond shook

Imagine if the cavs were playing well

It's weird how people were pronouncing the death of the Cavs in retrospect when game 1 was as close as it was. All things considered, this has been a really, really close series so far.

Spinluck

Elf, come on man, GS is looking like hot shit out there. Cavs are just playing marginally better and are still winning.

Curry only has 3 at the half, that's not fouling. Green is their only good big man and they can't seem to play without fouling.

Top Bottom