• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
He's like a poor man's Bernard Pollard. At best he's decent, but can't cover. Plus he'll make a few bone headed plays and get called for an unnecessary roughness penalty. Still thought we could get something for him though.

Does that mean it turns into a race between the Patriots and every other AFC East team to pick him up? Injuring two Pats players in completely random ways each year?

Duxxy3

Does that mean it turns into a race between the Patriots and every other AFC East team to pick him up? Injuring two Pats players in completely random ways each year?

Patriots already have a handful of box safeties. Somebody else will need to step up.

MechDX

#Texans have released all 2-4 round picks in 2013: Swearinger (No. 57), Brennan Williams (89), Sam Montgomery (95), Trevardo Williams (124).

Thanks Kubiak and Wade.

Eleuin

Bionic...

full

Spinluck

Hey guys what is the best way to shop for cars. I feel like a fish out of water doing this lol. Gonna be the first car I buy on my own. I don't want to buy brand new.

Hey guys what is the best way to shop for cars. I feel like a fish out of water doing this lol. Gonna be the first car I buy on my own. I don't want to buy brand new.

Research the shit out of the car you want. I used msn Autos back in the day but the site sucks ass now.

When buying, make sure you know what your maximum is, and don't go above it. If that means walking, then so be it.

If the dealer price after taxes is way above your max price, you may want to consider a cheaper car.

Caja 117

make sure you def look at interest rate otherwise you end up like me with a 18.9%
You did a buy here pay here or something? 18.9 is really high, unless is a small inhouse finance company or Credit Acceptance corp.

Spin, I work in the inhouse finance company of a used car dealership, to buy a Used car, first above anything else, CARFAX.

Online, do as much research on the car you want online, look at different dealers, expend your search area by a good 50 miles, some areas will sell cars cheaper, you can save a few thousand depending on the area. Also you need to give at least a 2k down payment to really make a difference on how much you will be financed. Make sure the dealer allows you to have a mechanic inspect the vehicle. Some will let you take it for a day or two. And don't forget to get an insurance quote before you by the vehicle once you've selected the one you want. Also get a carfax/Autocheck (PM a Vin and I can get that for you for free) and anything they promise to do to the car make sure you get it in writing.

Edit: I work at an auto fiance company as well. any questions let me know.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Get a carfax and make the dealer pay for it.

Also get a pre-approved loan from a bank or credit union if you can since you're going used.

jakncoke

Banned
You did a buy here pay here or something? 18.9 is really high, unless is a small inhouse finance company or Credit Acceptance corp.

i had 1 thing on my credit history, was in panic mode because my stratus was dog shit ready to die got bent over by a toyota dealership on a camry xle. luckily or possibly unsolucky i got creamed by a semi and totaled out that bad deal like 4 months in. also was 1st time buyer all by myself with very little knowledge. i was but a krill waiting for the blue whale to serve me up

Caja 117

i had 1 thing on my credit history, was in panic mode because my stratus was dog shit ready to die got bent over by a toyota dealership on a camry xle. luckily or possibly unsolucky i got creamed by a semi and totaled out that bad deal like 4 months in. also was 1st time buyer all by myself with very little knowledge. i was but a krill waiting for the blue whale to serve me up

Yeah, I say that, (unless someone was badly injured) the Total loss was a lucky hit for you.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah, I say that, (unless someone was badly injured) the Total loss was a lucky hit for you.

I was pretty lucky i guess. Semi tried to pass me on a icy winter night, i tried to move over because it seemed he was in my lane, the highway had a uneven berm somehow shot me in front of him and nearly sent me over a 40 ft hill. I think i got a concussion but never was medically treated

JABEE

Jabee is a friend,
Yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately somethings changed
And it ain't hard to define
Jabee's got himself a qb and I want to make him mine

tumblr_miiog0RPS71rlzl6no1_400.jpg

And he's watching him with those eyes
And he's loving that body, I just know it!
5a216418a75f7db2b4f62d04953a00d2.jpeg

And Tebows going to hold up that trophy at the end of the season
8b47b699701742b3981aa1b5f980be74.jpg

You know that I wish that I had Jabee's qb!
I wish that I had Jabee's qb.
Where can I find a qb like that?
bennyhot.jpg

I am going to play along with this charade
There doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know I feel so dirty when they start talking cute
I wanna tell him that I love him but the point is probably moot
tebow_and_friends.jpg

Tim-Tebow-Girlfriend-2.jpg

Because Chips watching him with those eyes
And they are loving that football body, I just know it
And he's going to be holding that trophy at the end of the night

You know I wish that I had Jebee's qb!
I wish that I had Jabee's qb!
Where can I find a qb like that?

2013-01-06T055022Z_1_CBRE9050G8200_RTROPTP_2_CSPORTS-US-NFL-PLAYOFFS-PACKERS-RODGERS.JPG

russell-wilson-end-of-superbowl.jpg

1257124641_peyton.jpg

mark-sanchez-new-york-jets-1209jpg-e86ee6ea4bcd0a8d_large.jpg

UXhSSql.jpg

Good vibes for this week.

Spinluck

make sure you def look at interest rate otherwise you end up like me with a 18.9%

Jesus fuck lol. The rates on the loans from my bank are pretty nice. It's through my job.

Research the shit out of the car you want. I used msn Autos back in the day but the site sucks ass now.

When buying, make sure you know what your maximum is, and don't go above it. If that means walking, then so be it.

If the dealer price after taxes is way above your max price, you may want to consider a cheaper car.

Yeah right now I'm still looking into which car I want. Still deciding on my maximum, and I'll keep the tax in mind.

Craigslist?

Well, I am using that to sell my current car while I can still get some value on it lol.

Thanks guys

Pepiope

#Texans have released all 2-4 round picks in 2013: Swearinger (No. 57), Brennan Williams (89), Sam Montgomery (95), Trevardo Williams (124).

Thanks Kubiak and Wade.
Not as bad as Eagles 2011 class. Drafted 11 guys, only Kelce (6th round) is still on the roster.

Caja 117

I was pretty lucky i guess. Semi tried to pass me on a icy winter night, i tried to move over because it seemed he was in my lane, the highway had a uneven berm somehow shot me in front of him and nearly sent me over a 40 ft hill. I think i got a concussion but never was medically treated

Where I work at is basically after the finance is done; I can say 80% of the customer are not even aware of the interest rate they are paying only when they start seen their payment receipts , there is when they start regretting the purchase and dont know what to do to get out of that 4 or 5 years commitment, not to mention that often a used car just break down after a month or tto, and not many people have money to just trow to fix it.

Coming from Dominican Republic, I never had the idea how important it was to have a car over here in the US.

Yikes. If you can get an auto loan with your bank or credit union(especially if you Navy Federal like me) I'd rather deal with the bank than the dealer in that regard. Every car I bought including the one I bought last week I did a loan through my credit union. Mines was able to approve me for a blank check up to a certain amount.

Spinluck

Online, do as much research on the car you want online, look at different dealers, expend your search area by a good 50 miles, some areas will sell cars cheaper, you can save a few thousand depending on the area. Also you need to give at least a 2k down payment to really make a difference on how much you will be financed. Make sure the dealer allows you to have a mechanic inspect the vehicle. Some will let you take it for a day or two. And don't forget to get an insurance quote before you by the vehicle once you've selected the one you want. Also get a carfax/Autocheck (PM a Vin and I can get that for you for free) and anything they promise to do to the car make sure you get it in writing.

Edit: I work at an auto fiance company as well. any questions let me know.

Great advice Chris, thanks. Plan on finalizing everything by mid fall or early next year so I'll probably be asking more questions throughout the process.

Get a carfax and make the dealer pay for it.

Also get a pre-approved loan from a bank or credit union if you can since you're going used.

Yeah I joined a credit union that the company I work for offers and they're pretty great. Plan on going through them if all goes well.

MechDX

IF Texans didn't waive Swearinger by 4 pm EST today, then NFL teams caught wind of Bucs reported interest, we could see a Yates deal.--Twitter

All over Twitter Bucs would put claim in on Swearinger and they have first choice. Some team can now offer a pick instead. lol

Caja 117

Yikes. If you can get an auto loan with your bank or credit union(especially if you Navy Federal like me) I'd rather deal with the bank than the dealer in that regard. Every car I bought including the one I bought last week I did a loan through my credit union. Mines was able to approve me for a blank check up to a certain amount.

Thats a better option, Car dealership will sometimes jack up the prices based on how much the bank approves (or something like that) anyways, Used car dealership are not your friends

Duxxy3

Great advice Chris, thanks. Plan on finalizing everything by mid fall or early next year so I'll probably be asking more questions throughout the process.

Yeah I joined a credit union that the company I work for offers and they're pretty great. Plan on going through them if all goes well.

Ask if they offer a lower percentage rate if you agree to automatic repayment.

Top Bottom