• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're an old man, Kave.

I always pronounce your name Ka-vay, or is it just like cave?

Is it even possible for Lunchbox to make 10 posts without talking about how much money he has? Therein lies your proof!

Yup just like "cave"

It's an old bball nickname I had.

One of those nicknames that make no sense except to the people who gave it to you. Everyone used to call me K-Man, but one guy heard it wrong and thought everyone was saying Kave Man, until he got called on it one day. They then voted and decided Kave sounded better.

Bowser

Cam's birthday is today. Here's his first four seasons compared to other QBs: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=wrZPo

Pretty interesting. Better rating than Peyton, Jim Kelly, and Aikman, but worse than Palmer and Jeff Garcia (!). Cam's record through 4 seasons is 30-31-1, which is comparable to Palmer (32-29), Garcia (30-28), Peyton (32-32), Kelly (28-29) and Aikman (27-27) at the same point in their careers.

5th in YPA and 3rd in Air YPA as well

jakncoke

Banned
Cam's birthday is today. Here's his first four seasons compared to other QBs: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=wrZPo

Pretty interesting. Better rating than Peyton, Jim Kelly, and Aikman, but worse than Palmer and Jeff Garcia (!). Cam's record through 4 seasons is 30-31-1, which is comparable to Palmer (32-29), Garcia (30-28), Peyton (32-32), Kelly (28-29) and Aikman (27-27) at the same point in their careers.

Interesting.

So ben had the 2nd best qb rating, best y/a , 5th best wins , t-fewest losses. His yards arent very high which isnt surprising seeing he was asked to not lose games early on

matt ryan went from 43-19 to 23-25 lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Just imagine if they'd get him some weapons! :kas

jakncoke

Banned
Also, its kind of wild throughout history only 35 qb managed to reach 50 starts in their first 4 specially after the 16 game implement

ampere

You definitely picked the most gata of all the DBZ characters.

It was some slang phrase from a chapter of that comic Reborn. Didn't even read much of it just thought it looked cool

Maybe I should get a mod to change my name to Gata so you all shut it

Also, its kind of wild throughout history only 35 qb managed to reach 50 starts in their first 4 specially after the 16 game implement

Is it mostly due to injuries or benchings?

ampere

I think Tanny would thrive under the right system, not sure Miami coaching staff will ever deliver that for him though.

I think Tanny would thrive under the right system, not sure Miami coaching staff will ever deliver that for him though.
I think Lazor is a creative OC so we'll see how he does in year two. No faith in Philbin, though.

The remade WR corps and addition of Cameron at TE should be fun but it all comes down to how well the o-line plays. Tannehill has never played behind even an average o-line.

jakncoke

Banned
It was some slang phrase from a chapter of that comic Reborn. Didn't even read much of it just thought it looked cool

Maybe I should get a mod to change my name to Gata so you all shut it

Is it mostly due to injuries or benchings?

Probably mostly due to teams wanting to not send their lamb to the lions i suppose. I guess injuries could play into it too like Staffords case

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Michele Steele ‏@ESPNMichele 7m7 minutes ago

Breaking: Grandy Jury indicts Aaron Hernandez for shooting Alexander Bradley, who allegedly witnessed double homicide

#PatsCulture

Colasante

Michele Steele ‏@ESPNMichele 7m7 minutes ago

Breaking: Grandy Jury indicts Aaron Hernandez for shooting Alexander Bradley, who allegedly witnessed double homicide

#PatsCulture

HEINMCC.png

ZEkfZHo.png

One team releases their criminal, another team gives their criminal a $100 million extension. It is what it is. #SteelersCulture

Colasante

Bears released LB Khaseem Greene today. Former Rutgers player who I believe the Patriots wanted in 2013, then they ended up with teammate Steve Beauharnais when Greene was drafted in the 4th. I would not be surprised if Greene, along with at least one of Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, and Colin McCarthy, get signed by the Patriots tomorrow.

Interesting article about Dez Bryant's contract:

There's more to Dez Bryant contract situation than money

The "Dez Rules" were a set of 11 rules that went into effect formally Aug. 23, 2012. They were designed, primarily, to make certain Bryant completed all the requirements from the district attorney's office to ensure his family-violence misdemeanor would be dismissed instead of upgraded to a felony.

The rules, formalized in a multi-page document Bryant signed, were recommendations of behavior ranging from attending two counseling sessions a week for a year to no negativity on social media.

The Cowboys needed to know Bryant's location at all times, and the receiver had a three-man security detail assigned to him that worked in 16-hour shifts for a year.

Bryant no longer needs to have those types of restrictions in his private life. He's a 26-year-old father of three, which is why virtually all of the rules have been relaxed or eliminated over the last three years, according to team sources.

Still, when it comes to Bryant, the Cowboys want to protect themselves, especially as commissioner Roger Goodell ushers in an era of punitive punishments for any incident that brings negative attention to the NFL brand.

That doesn't mean the Cowboys expect Bryant to have any issues, but folks buy car insurance and homeowner's policies just in case a disaster occurs, and Dallas wants to cover itself in a similar manner.

The Cowboys don't expect to have anything that stringent in Bryant's new contract, but they want an off-the-field structure in place that protects the team and, according to front-office folks at Valley Ranch, protects Bryant from himself.

Until that happens, the Cowboys are content using the franchise tag on Bryant this season, and next season.

Jerry Jones was even co-signing the guys checks at one point. Damn.

Dez doesn't want any of it, just wants a normal contract.

I think Lazor is a creative OC so we'll see how he does in year two. No faith in Philbin, though.

The remade WR corps and addition of Cameron at TE should be fun but it all comes down to how well the o-line plays. Tannehill has never played behind even an average o-line.

Once he got comfortable in the system he played really well. But like you said without even a decent oline it's so hard to judge what he can really do.

this_guy

Why did they release him? Thought he was supposed to be good.

He's like a poor man's Bernard Pollard. At best he's decent, but can't cover. Plus he'll make a few bone headed plays and get called for an unnecessary roughness penalty. Still thought we could get something for him though.

Top Bottom