• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

squicken

But those previously mentioned names -- the stars, young and old -- will be the most fun to watch. Let's start with Luck. It's hard to be too upset with any quarterback who throws 40 touchdown passes in a season. But Luck said this week that he still knows what his priority must be as he looks to improve in 2015. Along with those 40 scoring strikes, he also threw 16 interceptions, and he knows he must improve that ratio.

"It's my No. 1 goal as a quarterback, aside from obviously winning a Super Bowl," Luck said.

In order to improve, Luck has thoroughly investigated last season's interceptions, so he can find out how they happened. Some were the result of tipped passes, but predominantly, Luck said, they stemmed from bad decisions (mental) or bad throws (physical). He is focused on improving both areas. The easiest way to fix those issues? Avoid forcing passes.

"Take a sack and let the best punter in football (Pat McAfee) put it down there," Luck said
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-offense-poised-for-serious-run-at-super-bowl

Eagles/Colts SB

Colasante

20150611-malcombrown-headshotday.jpg

First photo of Malcom Brown in uniform. Brown and Dominique Easley on the interior together is the thing I'm most looking forward to from the Patriots this season.

Hindl

Eagles/Colts SB

I think Chip needs a year with this new roster before they can make a deep playoff run. Depending on if Bradford/Murray/Kiko can stay healthy, and how people like Byron Jones and Randy Gregory develop on the Cowboys, the Eagles could take the NFC East and walk away with Chip's first playoff win before getting knocked out. Would love a SB run tho

I think Chip needs a year with this new roster before they can make a deep playoff run. Depending on if Bradford/Murray/Kiko can stay healthy, and how people like Byron Jones and Randy Gregory develop on the Cowboys, the Eagles could take the NFC East and walk away with Chip's first playoff win before getting knocked out. Would love a SB run tho

I just don't know how a SB run can even be in the cards with a giant question mark at QB. Roster churn is one thing, but it's basically impossible to predict outcomes at this point. Honestly given how much Kelly has changed the team around in the offseason I see this whole year as a restructuring year and have low expectations. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy fuck who designed the highways here? What a cluster..

It's not the highways in Dallas and Houston. It's the huge sprawl more than anything that gets you.

If you go to Austin though, it absolutely is the highways. It's shocking that somewhere like Conroe has a loop but Austin doesn't.

Pepiope

I just don't know how a SB run can even be in the cards with a giant question mark at QB. Roster churn is one thing, but it's basically impossible to predict outcomes at this point. Honestly given how much Kelly has changed the team around in the offseason I see this whole year as a restructuring year and have low expectations. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
The only question mark at the QB position is health. If he's out there, he will be good. Any offense that makes Mark Sanchez look competent will make Bradford look like an MVP.

Hindl

Yeah obviously a SB is most likely out of the question. If Bradford is healthy, I do think we can take the NFC East because I don't see Dallas being as effective as last year with those RBs. I guess we'll see how much that O-Line can make a RB. If Bradford goes down 8-8 would be where I expect to land.

Talon

Eagles released Evan Mathis.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Eagles released Evan Mathis, per source.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who? I'm legit curious. I'd imagine Ebron will get the third most targets but I'm not sure who the #3 WR will be. Lance Moore sounds like he's still good but who knows how he'll hold up, IF he makes the team. I really like Broyles but this coordinator is too unimaginative to make it work. Fuller? Eh. Perhaps Stafford having more time will open up things for Fuller...

Lance Moore. He's put up big time numbers, played in big moments and he knows the offense we're running inside out. He didn't fit in the Pittsburgh offense but he'll fit in perfectly IMO as the third option in our offense.

Ebron, Fuller, TJ Jones, Ryan Broyles anyone else who shows up is just icing on the cake. But the one, two, three people punch of Megatron, Tate and Lance Moore will be our starting three going into the season.

Colasante

So the Patriots signed Matt Flynn, released Garrett Gilbert.

I'd really like for them to sign Evan Mathis as well, but I don't see them outbidding other pursuers.

Top Bottom