• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Hindl

So the Patriots signed Matt Flynn, released Garrett Gilbert.

I'd really like for them to sign Evan Mathis as well, but I don't see them outbidding other pursuers.

I don't see him commanding that much. Ironically he's gonna most likely sign for less than he would've made the next two years if he kept his mouth shut. He's still elite, but he's getting to the end of his career. I can't see a long term contract for him.

cdyhybrid

Week 1. MNF.

You'll see.

mJ9mAPt.gif
mJ9mAPt.gif
mJ9mAPt.gif

Why is GAF so slow? Did some boring Gaming news come out?

Pepiope

‏@GeoffMosherCSN
Just asked Evan Mahtis if he had planned to show up next week. Response via text: "Yep. Flight was scheduled for Monday."

Don't play chess with Chip.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Took almost 9 months this time around, but I finally got a job offer. A bit over a 20% bump in base salary from my last gig as well, plus annual bonus potential and some stock options.

alZuaVJ.gif

Colasante

Imagine the Cowboys offensive line with Tyron Smith, Zach Martin, Travis Frederick, Evan Mathis, and La'El Collins. Oh my. I want to see that.

Took almost 9 months this time around, but I finally got a job offer. A bit over a 20% bump in base salary from my last gig as well, plus annual bonus potential and some stock options.

alZuaVJ.gif
Congrats dude! That is awesome news. I know how grueling the process can be so I'm sure that feels amazing.

Unfortunately I doubt we can afford him, but the silver fox has surprised me before.
The Dolphins need him. They have to stop pretending like Thomas is a viable option. You're probably right, though.

Also, :jnc at "the silver fox."

Congrats dude! That is awesome news. I know how grueling the process can be so I'm sure that feels amazing.

The Dolphins need him. They have to stop pretending like Thomas is a viable option. You're probably right, though.

Also, :jnc at "the silver fox."

Only way would be to give him a multi year deal, with big guaranteed but I don't see them do that. And at 34 I don't know if it's worth it either...unless Tannehill gets hurt than I guess it would have been....ugh thank you Jeff Ireland.

alZuaVJ.gif

Sweet deal, but does that cover YoY cost of living increases in the Bay Area? :p

I just got a similar bump also. Will be starting in another week.

Good luck with the new gig!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

alZuaVJ.gif

Congrats on being the Swedish bikini team's personal lotion rubber inner.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lance Moore. He's put up big time numbers, played in big moments and he knows the offense we're running inside out. He didn't fit in the Pittsburgh offense but he'll fit in perfectly IMO as the third option in our offense.

Ebron, Fuller, TJ Jones, Ryan Broyles anyone else who shows up is just icing on the cake. But the one, two, three people punch of Megatron, Tate and Lance Moore will be our starting three going into the season.

Yeah I'm not buying the idea he simply wasn't fitting in at Pittsburgh unless you believe Stafford is better than the rapist (I'm sure Steelers fans would love to hear this argument). System is only a part of the equation and receivers should do well in Pittsburgh regardless.

So the Patriots signed Matt Flynn, released Garrett Gilbert.

I'd really like for them to sign Evan Mathis as well, but I don't see them outbidding other pursuers.

HoFlynn :(

Incoming legit Pats dynasty

Striker

Definitely would love to see Reese take a hard look at Mathis. The OL depth is not in good shape especially since Beatty messed himself up. They do seem destined to keep Pugh at LG, and they have Geoff Schwartz at RG pegged in (still recovering from injury). Even so, Mathis is a huge upgrade over either Jerry at RG or Newhouse at RT given those options. They could always slide either Pugh back or Schwartz over.

Money might be a dealbreaker, but the OL would be remarkably better with Mathis.

-

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 24m24 minutes ago
With the release of Mathis, the 2011 Dream Team signings are now all officially gone. #eagles

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

alZuaVJ.gif

I demand upgrades to the prison. Along with mandatory showers for kave.

JABEE

Dammit. Mathis is still really good.

Mathis wasn't even a "Dream Team" signing. The Eagles picked him up off the pile and he became an All-Pro Caliber guard.

Hindl

Dammit. Mathis is still really good.

Mathis wasn't even a "Dream Team" signing. The Eagles picked him up off the pile and he became an All-Pro Caliber guard.

Hopefully Barbre turns out well and isn't just looking good in camp, but no way will he be able to replace Mathis. Especially since the other side now has a fight between Gardner and Tobin

Iggles are clearly racist and getting rid of all the white guys.

I'm on your side friend, using Pats haters' logic against them. You can't call the Pats cheaters, but not individual players who were there too. Can't pick and choose who the Pats haters hate.

I hate all pats/jets/bills though,

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After doing research, turns out Mathis wanted way more than 5-6 million a year he was getting. Sounds like he was basically gunning for tackle money.

Top Bottom