• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

MechDX

I have no idea who will start on our line save a couple of obvious choice, only good news is that we have more depth than last year and they played well throughout the postseason (except in the AFCC). For some reason though, the Pats seem to always give our line trouble, idk why. Anyway.

LT: Castonzo (if he gets hurt Luck dies)
LG: Reitz/Mewhort/Thornton
C: Holmes/Harrison/Thomas
RG: Herremans
RT: Mewhort/Cherlius/Reitz

It was Wilfork. Thank god he left NE as a free agent.

:jnc

chris what you just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. at no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. i award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

At least make an original insult, I mean copying from an old movie everyone has seen? For shame bread, for shame.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This whole conversation is making me sick. You people!

You can argue for the Lions all you want Kas but the 90s Lions were statistically and factually better than the 10s Lions thus far. You're basing all your claims on conjecture once again!

I started watching football around 1995 and became a Lions fan around 1997.

However I'm a student of the game and know my history of football and the Detroit Lions. I haven't checked the stats but I can almost assure you last years Lions team was better than any of the Barry Sanders Lions teams. In fact our run defense was Top 10 all time. I'd go as far as to say the 2014 Detroit Lions were the best Lions team ever.

One thing to take into account is the game has changed a lot since 1993. Barry Sanders and running backs were the focal point of most offenses back then while the game has transitioned into a passing league. Granted you still need a running game nowadays but back then you could ride or die with Scott Mitchell at Quarterback. Those Lions also had the great Herman Moore, Chris Spielman and Robert Porcher but the talent was no where near our 2014 roster.

If you put Scott Mitchell or Erik Kramer on last years Lions team they don't even make the playoffs, even with our stout defense.

I truly believe this is a Super Bowl contending team especially going into the second year with our coaching staff and added additions through the draft and free agency. That's also taking into account the loss of Suh.

I think we finally got the #3 WR I've been clamoring for years now and I think we added enough depth to shore up the offensive and defensive lines.

Martin Mayhew has done a hell of a job since he took this team over after the 0-16 pick and picked Matthew Stafford with the #1 pick in 2009.

If I were a Packer fan I'd be nervous. There is a changing of the guard in the NFC North, nay the NFC, and the Detroit Lions are about to be running the show.

The NFC North has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none live now to remember it.

Restore the Roar

I started watching football around 1995 and became a Lions fan around 1997.

However I'm a student of the game and know my history of football and the Detroit Lions. I haven't checked the stats but I can almost assure you last years Lions team was better than any of the Barry Sanders Lions teams. In fact our run defense was Top 10 all time. I'd go as far as to say the 2014 Detroit Lions were the best Lions team ever.

One thing to take into account is the game has changed a lot since 1993. Barry Sanders and running backs were the focal point of most offenses back then while the game has transitioned into a passing league. Granted you still need a running game nowadays but back then you could ride or die with Scott Mitchell at Quarterback. Those Lions also had the great Herman Moore, Chris Spielman and Robert Porcher but the talent was no where near our 2014 roster.

If you put Scott Mitchell or Erik Kramer on last years Lions team they don't even make the playoffs, even with our stout defense.

I truly believe this is a Super Bowl contending team especially going into the second year with our coaching staff and added additions through the draft and free agency. That's also taking into account the loss of Suh.

I think we finally got the #3 WR I've been clamoring for years now and I think we added enough depth to shore up the offensive and defensive lines.

Martin Mayhew has done a hell of a job since he took this team over after the 0-16 pick and picked Matthew Stafford with the #1 pick in 2009.

If I were a Packer fan I'd be nervous. There is a changing of the guard in the NFC North, nay the NFC, and the Detroit Lions are about to be running the show.

The NFC North has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none live now to remember it.

Restore the Roar

The best team in the history of your franchise won 0 playoff games. I'm sorry kas :(

Chris and western should be best friends
morton-full-size.png

It's okay one day someone besides Gata will want to be your friend.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I woke up this morning and saw kas post. For a minute I actually considered the lions as maybe winning their division.

Is there something wrong with me?

Restore the Roar
Who? I'm legit curious. I'd imagine Ebron will get the third most targets but I'm not sure who the #3 WR will be. Lance Moore sounds like he's still good but who knows how he'll hold up, IF he makes the team. I really like Broyles but this coordinator is too unimaginative to make it work. Fuller? Eh. Perhaps Stafford having more time will open up things for Fuller...

Crisco

Banned
So PFF has the Panther's overall roster ranked as 16th in league, which is about right when you consider all the youth and unproven talent. I will say that our offensive line is being heavily underrated. Yeah, the tackles suck, but the interior has depth and talent with real road graders at the starting guard positions. We even found a serviceable RT by the end of last year. It really comes down to whether Michael Oher will play more like a professional NFL LT or a Byron Bell.

I can also see our WRs being one of the surprise units of the whole league. We all know what KB can do, but this Funchess kid looks legit and will give Cam that destructive inside/slot receiver he's never had before (look what Colston's done for Brees). Throw in Corey Brown and Ginn Jr., who can both get open deep, and this is gonna be a dynamic and deep group.

So PFF has the Panther's overall roster ranked as 16th in league, which is about right when you consider all the youth and unproven talent. I will say that our offensive line is being heavily underrated. Yeah, the tackles suck, but the interior has depth and talent with real road graders at the starting guard positions. We even found a serviceable RT by the end of last year. It really comes down to whether Michael Oher will play more like a professional NFL LT or a Byron Bell.

I can also see our WRs being one of the surprise units of the whole league. We all know what KB can do, but this Funchess kid looks legit and will give Cam that destructive inside/slot receiver he's never had before. Throw in Corey Brown and Ginn Jr., who can both get open deep, and this is gonna be a dynamic and deep group.
PFF has the Dolphins as the worst roster in the AFC East. Crock o' shit.

BigAT

Gronk must have gotten jealous he wasn't the best tight end on the team anymore and ordered the move:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Patriots have released TE Tim Wright, source says. Had six TDs last season.

Put in a waiver request Giants.

Christopher Lee no :(

Yeah, was a bummer waking up to that news. He had an amazing career though, and I'm glad he did what he said he'd do for years: work right up until the end. Just had a new metal album released earlier in the year I think, and has at least one film out next year.

Gonna watch Horror Express right now

You do know Eric Kramer lead them to a NFC Championship game and is the only Lions QB to have a playoff win in the SB era. I would argue that he could
If it was the '91-'92 Kramer

In other news I think I'm gonna replay Final Fantasy XII after I finish with VI. I have an itch to play that game again.

Striker

Gronk must have gotten jealous he wasn't the best tight end on the team anymore and ordered the move:

Put in a waiver request Giants.
Giants seem to like Jerome Cunningham. And they got two dudes as UDFA they talked highly of. I hope one of those + Cunningham knocks off Fells and camp warrior Robinson.

Top Bottom