• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Sony is remastering game after game with God of War 3, Uncharted, Journey etc. when they could've easily made PS4 backwards compatible themselves.
What do you think MS is doing? They have a Gears remaster to announce today. ALL publishers are doing remasters. Microsoft is no different. Not to mention stuff like Journey is likely free to those who already bought it on PS3 as ALL PS4 small game releases have been (flOw, Flower, etc.)

This is a jab at PS Now and Sony's streaming service charging money to play PS3 titles. Not remastering games.

Forza time

iXBVet4zQfqSV.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What do you think MS is doing? They have a Gears remaster to announce today. ALL publishers are doing remasters. Microsoft is no different.

This is a jab at PS Now and Sony's streaming service charging money to play PS3 titles. Not remastering games.

Gears of War remaster is different. Gears has always been IMO about the multiplayer. The Gears of War remake is to bring back the multiplayer community which was amazing back in the day.

Let's be real here: Sony announced God of War 3 remake and the Uncharted Collection because they had to delay there major exclusives into 2016.

I think it's huge and a nice FU to Sony. Remember all the trash talk Sony came out with after the DRM fiasco about being able to "buy, own or sell" your game discs?

MS brought it on themselves back then but this is a hell of a rebound by MS.

Sony is remastering game after game with God of War 3, Uncharted, Journey etc. when they could've easily made PS4 backwards compatible themselves.

Huge W for MS.

Huge W is backwards compatibility? lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Huge W is backwards compatibility? lol

Of course it is. How is it not while Sony continues to remaster games that should be backwards compatible?

LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Master_Chief_Collection

This one is different too, right?! RIIIIIIGHT.

I just explained why Gears of War is different. Gears has been about the multiplayer and Gears of War multiplayer community is coming back. That's huge for me and plenty of other Gears fans.

What's the justification for God of War 3 remaster or Uncharted Collection?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
power pc running on x86 (at acceptable speed) is no joke.

Not to mention other capability stuff. But the other stuff is just work, getting that CPU translation to fly is something beyond work...

I was under the impression that the 360 api was entirely directx.

Spinluck

I'm so bored of CG trailers. *sigh*

Yeah that Recore exclusive looked cool.

Then it just got qued of by music without any gameplay and I won't remember it until next E3 or if it comes up again. I don't get the point of showing anything unless you have a snippet of gameplay. This is one thing I'll always pat Nintendo on the back for, even though Directs are still the worst way to reach out to a wider audience lol.

Of course it is. How is it not while Sony continues to remaster games that should be backwards compatible?

I just explained why Gears of War is different. Gears has been about the multiplayer and Gears of War multiplayer community is coming back. That's huge for me and plenty of other Gears fans.

So their Ace in the Hole is something the PS2 did in 2000. If that's the bombshell it's a telling commentary about what to look forward to in the future :/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Money. Just as Gears Remaster, Halo MCC and every other remaster is. The "my corporation is more altruistic" argument is so fucking dull dude.

I agree, I only shill for the Detroit Lions. You'll see me here hyped as fuck for The Last Guardian and Morpheus and whatever Nintendo brings out tomorrow.

The Gears remaster is to bring back the competitive community of Gears of War and help that continue into what I assume will be Gears of War 4.

Halo MCC could've been great considering all that was promised but that's a whole different story. I don't think/hope MS won't screw up the Gears of War remaster.

zychi

Banned
I liked it but I've only played like 6 hours I think. Not a bad game, but it didn't catch me the same way Far Cry 3 did. I almost don't want to say Far Cry 3.5, but yeah.

far cry 4 was farcry 3.5. the most linear "open world" game ive ever played

Very few gamers actually care about BC, that's why the PS4 is outselling everyone. Gamers buy new consoles for new games, having older games to play is nice but not a giant selling point like you're making it seem.

Very few gamers actually care about BC, that's why the PS4 is outselling everyone. Gamers buy new consoles for new games, having older games to play is nice but not a giant selling point like you're making it seem.

Its not but its an easier path to upgrade which I think you may be underestimating a bit. I don't for one second believe its some silver bullet that will be a fix all for the One but if you present the ability to continue playing your existing library with all functionality - it presents a heckuva bullet point to push existing customers to the new platform.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I think it would have been enough to turn the tide if it had been announced at launch. But ms wanted to continue to sell 360s.

zychi

Banned

It's a good thing to have when transistioning, but most gamers who would use it have already moved to the new systems.

The BC is funny to me, it means theres going to be two places to see how dead the 360 mp community is now.

Top Bottom