• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Colasante

Sure, guess I'm just delusional because I'm a Patriots fan. I'm sure everything will be business as usual in the NFL after this.

cNeXHGZ.png

We'll see.

There are plenty of potential commissioners out there. People that have a much cleaner record than Roger Goodell.

Do you just genuinely not remember when people said this exact thing immediately after Spygate? Because they did. And scandals happened between then and now. And 32 teams still took his side, including the Patriots, after them all.

Duxxy3

Do you just genuinely not remember when people said this exact thing immediately after Spygate? Because they did. And scandals happened between then and now. And 32 teams still took his side, including the Patriots, after them all.

Go back and read Kraft's response to spygate.

JABEE

Sure, guess I'm just delusional because I'm a Patriots fan. I'm sure everything will be business as usual in the NFL after this.

cNeXHGZ.png

So, what you're saying is that the Pats cheated, and that Goodell should be fired for pretending to be hard on them?

Draxal

The Cowboys and Redskins had a much better case in 2012 (the other owners were outright colluding), but they still didn't challenge Goodell. This is nothing.

JABEE

The Cowboys and Redskins had a much better case in 2012 (the other owners were outright colluding), but they still didn't challenge Goodell. This is nothing.

At least the Cowboys and Racists had a case. It was basically a penalty for not colluding with the other 30 teams in the league during the un-capped season.

yeah i can't believe the shit they pulled with that. goddell is a clown but he is a clown that works at the pleasure of the 32 NFL owners. as long as the cash keeps rollin' in none of the owners want to see goddell gone and that includes kraft

I love this idea that Robert Kraft and his pathetic cheating franchise are untouchable. Patriots fans just can't imagine a universe that doesn't revolve around their dynamic duo of dishonesty and fraudulence.

The world will always remember the four titles that were stolen from NFL fans everywhere. Cheaters cheat.

MechDX

James Starks ‏@JamesStarksKPRC · 37m37 minutes ago
Source: #Texans safety DJ Swearinger waived due to unwillingness to play Special Teams.

Stephen L. Wakefield ‏@Wakefield_Lyle · 25m25 minutes ago
@JoshatTheState Swearinger allegedly told Coach OBrien he was "a second round pick. He didn't play special teams."

Arrogant fuck. BOB's way or the highway.

Enjoy him Tampa

I love this idea that Robert Kraft and his pathetic cheating franchise are untouchable. Patriots fans just can't imagine a universe that doesn't revolve around their dynamic duo of dishonesty and fraudulence.

The world will always remember the four titles that were stolen from NFL fans everywhere. Cheaters cheat.
Yes

Moar salt

I know nothing about the details of engineering mines, but presuming it is as rigorous as the other engineering fields, I have nothing but respect.

I am under the impression that underground tunnels have to hold up a lot of weight!
Haha yeah it's pretty cool I just like to mess around because it's such a small field. Only 14 schools in the country with a mining engineering program.

That's actually the main part of my job, stress analysis of underground mines, rock mechanics, etc. When you get under 2000 feet of mountain you definitely want to think about what's keeping the roof up.

Brave souls standing up for integrity, fair play, proper inflation, and honesty in my favorite sport.

Worrying about how feminine a drink is is for frat boys brah! Drink whatever the hell you want!

oh i dont worry about it and i've always been open with it. i dont know what it is about beer but after i get through 2 they start tasting horrible to me.... no matter what kind it is

cdyhybrid

oh i dont worry about it and i've always been open with it. i dont know what it is about beer but after i get through 2 they start tasting horrible to me.... no matter what kind it is

I generally stop being able to taste stuff once I get hammered :jnc - or I just don't care anymore.

So I'll start off with the good stuff and by the end of the night I'll just be pounding Heinekens or something.

Duxxy3

Haha yeah it's pretty cool I just like to mess around because it's such a small field. Only 14 schools in the country with a mining engineering program.

That's actually the main part of my job, stress analysis of underground mines, rock mechanics, etc. When you get under 2000 feet of mountain you definitely want to think about what's keeping the roof up.

An actual question - how often are mines inspected? I would think that it's a pretty regular event.

Good to know that somebody's thinking about it. 14 schools is amazingly small though, I wonder if most programs don't have it as a specialization inside another branch.

We're gonna need your expertise when we build bases on Mars!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Red wine has been my drink of choice lately so whatever about girl drinks.

Although red seems more masculine than white!

Duxxy3

Good to know that somebody's thinking about it. 14 schools is amazingly small though, I wonder if most programs don't have it as a specialization inside another branch.

tumblr_m86wo4apiZ1rwacdio5_500.gif

First thing that popped into my head.

An actual question - how often are mines inspected? I would think that it's a pretty regular event.
Constantly. We are probably the most regulated industry in the country, many of our mines have either state or federal inspectors (if not both) around every day. I have seen violations written for things like not having enough band-aids in the first aid kit, no joke.

My senior design project was working with NASA to design a robot for moon mining. We're on it!

Ours caught fire.

Godslay

Banned

I'm not sure if TDR went to a School of Mines, but they are typically pretty elite schools academically.

Duxxy3

Constantly. We are probably the most regulated industry in the country, many of our mines have either state or federal inspectors (if not both) around every day. I have seen violations written for things like not having enough band-aids in the first aid kit, no joke.

My senior design project was working with NASA to design a robot for moon mining. We're on it!

Ours caught fire.

Wow. Wasn't expecting daily inspections.

So with mine collapses, is it typically a mine that is less inspected or just something that was completely unforeseeable?

Tom Penny

Don't we have to land on the moon first?

Top Bottom