• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Constantly. We are probably the most regulated industry in the country, many of our mines have either state or federal inspectors (if not both) around every day. I have seen violations written for things like not having enough band-aids in the first aid kit, no joke.

My senior design project was working with NASA to design a robot for moon mining. We're on it!

Ours caught fire.
:jnc

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
a3a378664cb1965b877e34490ae8b20f.1000x625x1.jpg

Wow. Wasn't expecting daily inspections.

So with mine collapses, is it typically a mine that is less inspected or just something that was completely unforeseeable?
Oh boy, this is a huge can of worms, haha.

I'm not sure what you mean by collapse. We do have small scale roof falls every so often but with modern technology and mine design they are fairly infrequent and very rarely in an active area of the mine where miners are working. As far as major collapses like Crandall Canyon you can typically point to issues with the design, generally involving the company getting a little too greedy with how much ore they extract.

That said, when you're dealing with geology nothing is an exact science. There is always plenty going on to keep us on our toes.

I'm not sure if TDR went to a School of Mines, but they are typically pretty elite schools academically.
I'm a VT grad. Our mining program is pretty big but there were only 32 graduates in my class. You used to live in Colorado right? Colorado School of Mines is definitely one of the best mining schools in the country, if not the best.

I'm actually trying pretty hard to move out west right now (preferably CO). Coal industry is dying fast here in the east so I'm trying to get into a different mining industry, if not something like geotechnical engineering. The job search has been rough so far.

Godslay

Banned
I'm a VT grad. Our mining program is pretty big but there were only 32 graduates in my class. You used to live in Colorado right? Colorado School of Mines is definitely one of the best mining schools in the country, if not the best.

I'm actually trying pretty hard to move out west right now (preferably CO). Coal industry is dying fast here in the east so I'm trying to get into a different mining industry, if not something like geotechnical engineering. The job search has been rough so far.

I had a high school buddy that went to Colorado School of Mines. Incredibly smart guy. That's the only reason I know about it.

Aside from that, good luck. Wyoming is a beautiful place too if you see any jobs pop up there. Just stick to the mountains!

I had a high school buddy that went to Colorado School of Mines. Incredibly smart guy. That's the only reason I know about it.

Aside from that, good luck. Wyoming is a beautiful place too if you see any jobs pop up there. Just stick to the mountains!
That's my plan! I have never been out there but the rockies seem incredible. I think there are areas in most of the states near CO I'd be happy to live in.

brentech

I doubt it ended up mattering, but fact is, they or he tried to make it matter. Don't go outside the rules and it isn't a problem. Tough shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pats fans are the worst.

I'd argue that Packers fans* are. Instilled sense of superiority complex and most fans around the country aren't even from the Wisconsin area and bandwagoned on for some reason. They're like Seahawks fans in a sense except they've been around much longer. Can't wait to wipe those smug smiles off there QB and the fan base as a whole this season.

*wienke and Greg are cool sometimes though

Godslay

Banned
That's my plan! I have never been out there but the rockies seem incredible. I think there are areas in most of the states near CO I'd be happy to live in.

They're great. I like the isolation of Wyoming a bit more than Colorado. Colorado has more to do, but that means more people, traffic, etc.

I consider them both home, Wyoming more so simply because my folks still live there.

Hunter S.

My younger cousin graduated from the School of Mines. I went to college too, but he is making a ton more than me as an engineer at the age of 26. A great school for sure. There are probably going to be more mining, and fracking jobs here soon. There really are a lot of non-renewable energy resources here as well as in Utah, and Wyoming that people are trying to get.

Come drill holes in Mt. St. Helens to keep it from exploding again!
Washington seems cool but I'm not sure I can do much about that!

They're great. I like the isolation of Wyoming a bit more than Colorado. Colorado has more to do, but that means more people, traffic, etc.

I consider them both home, Wyoming more so simply because my folks still live there.
Like I said I've never been out there but on paper Wyoming seems like a very underrated state. So much natural beauty. There is quite a bit of mining there so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

I'd argue that Packers fans* are. Instilled sense of superiority complex and most fans around the country aren't even from the Wisconsin area and bandwagoned on for some reason. They're like Seahawks fans in a sense except they've been around much longer. Can't wait to wipe those smug smiles off there QB and the fan base as a whole this season.

The only team in the NFL who has a more one sided rivalry with a division rival than the Packers with the Lions is the Colts with the Texans.

That said, none of those teams are convicted serial cheaters. Pats win.

Seattle fans seems perfectly fine honestly. The ones i know from here and the two I work with are perfectly fine. You're absolutely right about the Packers fans tho

Washington seems cool but I'm not sure I can do much about that!

Like I said I've never been out there but on paper Wyoming seems like a very underrated state. So much natural beauty. There is quite a bit of mining there so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
Pretty sure you just drill big holes so the mountain collapses and smothers the lava. Science, bro!*

* seems like a pretty good B-movie disaster recovery plan and/or terrorist plot

My younger cousin graduated from the School of Mines. I went to college too, but he is making a ton more than me as an engineer at the age of 26. A great school for sure. There are probably going to be more mining, and fracking jobs here soon. There really are a lot of non-renewable energy resources here as well as in Utah, and Wyoming that people are trying to get.
Nice. If only your cousin could hook me up with a job, haha. Don't worry, I'm not trying to come out there and destroy everything, I have a great appreciation for the majestic beauty of the rockies!

Duxxy3

Alright - ridiculous scenario time.

Brady's suspension is upheld. He's out until the Colts game. Garoppolo is the starter. He goes through the mini camps, camp and pre-season as the first team starter. Looks terrific in the pre-season. First game against the Steelers - he struggles, but secondary loses the game. Second game against the Bills - looks a lot better, o-line holds up and they squeak out a win. Third game against the Jaguars - plays brilliant, great awareness, win by two scores. Fourth game against Dallas - plays well against a solid pass rush, is a lot more mobile, win on final score to end the game.

So the Pats are 3-1 going into the bye week. Pretty damn good and Garoppolo has improved every week. He looks like the real deal. He is playing roughly on par with Russell Wilson. Brady is healthy.

If you're Bill Belichick what do you do? Why?

Brady's suspension is upheld. He's out until the Colts game. Garoppolo is the starter. He goes through the mini camps, camp and pre-season as the first team starter. Looks terrific in the pre-season. First game against the Steelers - he struggles, but secondary loses the game. Second game against the Bills - looks a lot better, o-line holds up and they squeak out a win. Third game against the Jaguars - plays brilliant, great awareness, win by two scores. Fourth game against Dallas - plays well against a solid pass rush, is a lot more mobile, win on final score to end the game.

So the Pats are 3-1 going into the bye week. Pretty damn good and Garoppolo has improved every week. He looks like the real deal. He is playing roughly on par with Russell Wilson. Brady is healthy.

1. switch to Garoppolo
2. cheat

Cut Brady, claim he was responsible for everything, use the deflected blame as a smokescreen for more cheating!

squicken

The entire incident began when the Colts intercepted a ball in the first half of the AFC championship game and found it to have low pressure. After the Colts informed the league, all 11 of the Patriots’ balls were inspected and found to be below the allowable level. Patriots sources are steadfast—and their belief was conveyed to the league, according to a source—that Mike Kensil, the NFL’s VP of game operations, walked up to Patriots equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld on the sideline after halftime and said, “We weighed the balls. You are in big f------ trouble.” New England and Kraft thought this incident, and others, showed bias by the league and would be explored in the Wells report. But the Patriots’ theories (including another in which they believed the Colts deflated the intercepted ball) were tossed aside, with the report simply calling the sideline interaction a difference in recollection.

“I really don’t see how Robert is going to get past this with Roger,” says a source close to Kraft. “Robert was furious with the leaks and the investigation in the first place, but he figured they’d be exonerated. Now he’s out of his mind with anger.”
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/11/robert-kraft-roger-goodell-deflategate-wells-report

lol Kraft is even more delusional than his fanbase

Narag

Trade Brady to Cleveland.

cdyhybrid

You put Tammy back in, this isn't even a question. Jimmy would have to throw for 2000 yards in those 4 games for anyone to even consider otherwise.

Godslay

Banned

Here you go, welcome to Wyoming.

This one is fairly close to my hometown, just in Montana though.

Engineer Mining, Search on Spring Creek Coal Mine:

http://cloudpeakenergy.com/employment/open-positions-external-candidate-application/

I knew the mine, just wondered if they were actually hiring. LOL.

squicken

Why didn’t Belichick receive punishment for #DeflateGate?

Goodell’s decision to tiptoe around Belichick lends credence to one of the popular rumors/urban legends surrounding the NFL’s curious decision to hastily destroy the SpyGate evidence surrendered by Belichick in 2007. As the rumor/urban legend goes, the Spygate-related information given to the NFL consisted of evidence of cheating not only by the Patriots but also by multiple other teams, in multiple other ways. As the folklore also goes, Belichick vowed to go public with chapter-and-verse detail about cheating throughout the league if the league were to mess with the Patriots again.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...belichick-receive-punishment-for-deflategate/

Florio

Trade Garoppolo to Cleveland for next year's number 1 and number 4 in 2017.

Top Bottom