• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

SonnyBoy

Huh? They basically did the Brady punishment after seeing what public opinion wanted

They learned from the domestic abuse out-roar. We in court of public opinion now son

They've definitely been on their heels after the Ray Rice incident. However, that is the incident where IMO they exited out of their realm of influence and into the "real world". They f**ked up, and now they're paying for it.

Under oath means you can't lie. Like Bill Clinton I think?

Yeah under oath means that lying would cause you to perjure yourself which is a serious crime...in a court of law.

Unless something very drastic has happened, the NFL Headquarters don't count as a court of law and Roger Goodell has no power to enforce such an oath.

EDIT:Unless they are treating this like a deposition. Which is still weird. Where's bionic where you need him?

Bowser

CIMacLEWoAA4q_G.jpg

These damn photographers loitering around my building delaying my lunch order!!

squicken

Carl Hiaasen once said he was getting tired of writing about Florida because the state kept winning. He could make something up, like a bodyguard being sodomized by a horny, lonely dolphin, for instance, and then realize he could not win because inevitably, like clockwork, someone would climb into the pool at Sea World to get sodomized by a dolphin. He kept writing reality before it happened, or at least daring it to rise to the level of his worst imagination.
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/6/23/8831077/the-morning-constitutional-wont-stop-now

Hysterical recap on Diddy situation

Yeah under oath means that lying would cause you to perjure yourself which is a serious crime...in a court of law.

Unless something very drastic has happened, the NFL Headquarters don't count as a court of law and Roger Goodell has no power to enforce such an oath.

EDIT:Unless they are treating this like a deposition. Which is still weird. Where's bionic where you need him?

Gata got to him before he could prosecute brady

I don't generally bitch too much about game development but man this generation has been a mess of technical issues that's starting to grate. I won't bother playing it until I'm done with Witcher 3 but the fact that the Arkham Knight PC release is a borderline disaster pisses me off.

Draxal

I don't generally bitch too much about game development but man this generation has been a mess of technical issues that's starting to grate. I won't bother playing it until I'm done with Witcher 3 but the fact that the Arkham Knight PC release is a borderline disaster pisses me off.

I ended up getting a ps4 due to some exclusives and PC ports being disastrous this gen (hi Unity).

On the other hand I have to give props to CDPR because my Witcher 3 experience has been almost entirely bug free. I've had maybe 3 freezes/crashes in 160+ hours of gameplay. I noticed no actual game play bugs. For a game of this size to be that nice is pretty insane to me as a software developer.

Draxal

On the other hand I have to give props to CDPR because my Witcher 3 experience has been almost entirely bug free. I've had maybe 3 freezes/crashes in 160+ hours of gameplay. I noticed no actual game play bugs. For a game of this size to be that nice is pretty insane to me as a software developer.

That cheap skilled Polish labor!

I've played nearly 80 hours of Witcher 3 on PC with my 980ti and its been flawless. I've had one crash when I closed the game. That's it I'm playing on Ultra at a nearly unwavering 60fps@1080p. It's been a wonderful experience, yes. CDPR support post-release to correct issues has been extremely well timed despite some bitching on GAF, too.

Which makes it even more unbelievable to see a game that's using Unreal 3 as its base technology come out of the gate with a 30fps lock and it can't even maintain that when you get into the Batmobile!

I've played nearly 80 hours of Witcher 3 on PC with my 980ti and its been flawless. I've had one crash when I closed the game. That's it I'm playing on Ultra at a nearly unwavering 60fps@1080p. It's been a wonderful experience, yes. CDPR support post-release to correct issues has been extremely well timed despite some bitching on GAF, too.

Which makes it even more unbelievable to see a game that's using Unreal 3 as its base technology come out of the gate with a 30fps lock and it can't even maintain that when you get into the Batmobile!

Yeah, totally skipping Batmans. Actually, the one thing I remember annoying me in Witcher 3 was a merchant in Arinbjorn village in Skellige would crash if I used his shop. For some reason it stopped though. I've got a 970 and I've been playing with nearly a 60fps lock with almost everything on ultra as well. The game runs like a dream honestly.

Fox318

Batman is the case example for why PC needs refunds.

Yet every journalist was in a panic because they thought it would hurt their best friend who is an indie dev making a 2 hour text adventure game about something they felt was important.

Batman is the case example for why PC needs refunds.
I got it free with my 980ti purchase, thankfully.

I'm sure it will get sorted with a few patches given time but its frustrating. Even more frustrating to see the amazing hoops some people are jumping through in that PC performance thread to justify the state in which the game is in.

"...but it does this specular highlight of the texture and each cone of light is ray traced for maximum pixel output."

.....I mean really? We're now justifying cheap port jobs and terrible optimization because there's an added lighting effect? *sigh*

The funny part is that I'm usually really understanding about these types of things.

MRSA

Banned
I wish my friend bionic were still around, we could discuss how Brady is lying and Bead is a degenerate. Or we could talk about how the Lakers will swindle the Kings for Demarcus Cousins.

Fox318

I got it free with my 980ti purchase, thankfully.

I'm sure it will get sorted with a few patches given time but its frustrating. Even more frustrating to see the amazing hoops some people are jumping through in that PC performance thread to justify the state in which the game is in.

"...but it does this specular highlight of the texture and each cone of light is ray traced for maximum pixel output."

.....I mean really? We're now justifying cheap port jobs and terrible optimization because there's an added lighting effect? *sigh*

The funny part is that I'm usually really understanding about these types of things.

nobody is expecting every system to run perfectly but when the majority of people have issues it is a problem.

I'm considering building a 980ti gaming pc or throwing down 2600 for a sli gaming notebook,

Spinluck

I think it's weird that devs would have to outsource PC development.

I thought that was the lead platform and then they were ported over to consoles. I'm guessing PS4 was the lead platform, unacceptable that PC gamers can't return broken games at launch.

I'm glad that I don't have much of a desire to get it. Will wait for the goty edition lol.

Fox318

If there is a HL3, it will be like 10 years since the last game. At this point I just don't care anymore. Steam sales suck as well. They are just the new SecuRom at this point

There needs to be a HL3 after that ending.

If not Valve just needs to release the story in comic form and just admit that they are content selling digital keys to people in asia and America instead of making games.

Same could be said for paid mods. Valve is trying to farm out its community to make its games and while its ok for cosmetic items in TF2/CS:GO it fucking sucks for everything else.

Top Bottom