• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Godslay

Banned
Figures I'm mowing my lawn when this juicy tidbit comes out.

The Broncos are trying building a team that can win largely independent of Manning. At this point he's the cherry on top. Did I want to move on after that performance against the Colts last year? Yes, to be truthful I did.

When my emotions came back down to Earth, I realized that he was hurt, the coaching staff had one foot out the door, and a 50%-70% Manning is better than 95% of the league's QBs.

Once I found out he took a true paycut, I was even more convinced that the guy has to finish his career in Denver. Win, loss, shame or fame, Peypey must play.

As far as this trade rumor is concerned it doesn't surprise me on a couple of levels. The first being that if there was ever a point where a clean break was in order, this last offseason was the best point to do it. Put him out there on the trade block and see what you can get.

The second level which is the most likely scenario imo is a combination of the following. The Broncos wanted him to take a paycut. Negotiations aren't going so hot, neither side will budge. Some in the Broncos org, are ready for Brock so they figure why not throw Manning out there? It lets the Broncos explore what they could possibly land for shipping Peyton out. Sounds stupid on the Broncos end right? Well, you may have noticed that Manning now has a shiny new Full No Trade clause on his renegotiated contract. This tells me that the Broncos used trading Manning as a chip to force him to take a paycut, while having the fallback of actually trading him and moving on under Osweiler.

It's totally a Elway move, he wouldn't be afraid to move on from Manning.

Kubiak. Slay will say I'm wrong and Kubiak doesn't show it openly but he has a HUGE ego.

I don't know if you are wrong, but the appearances that he gives off don't project him having a huge ego. I'm sure Kubes wants Osweiler to run the shop. Why? Because he's the correct fit in a Kubiak offense. He'll just have a take a backseat like he did behind Elway for a couple of years then he'll get a fresh start with The Broz.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h1 hour ago
Did some digging on the Peyton story. According to my sources, the Broncos never tried to trade him. Certainly tried to cut more salary.

Vic is legit. Read between the lines.

Spinluck

Broncos gameplan was so shit that game lol, having a gimped Manning chucking bombs outside the numbers when they could have ran it down our throats. Wtf is wrong with you guys Slay!!!!??

At the same time though, our tackling was incredible that game for some reason. Except for what one CJ play of course.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos gameplan was so shit that game lol, having a gimped Manning chucking bombs outside the numbers when they could have ran it down our throats. Wtf is wrong with you guys Slay!!!!??

At the same time though, our tackling was incredible that game for some reason. Except for what one CJ play of course.

CJ was the only guy that showed up. He's been my favorite since that preseason game against SF. I knew he was good then!

That game was horse on horse rape. Probably one of, if not the most frustrating games I've ever watched.

Poor Brock!

ParchedWelltodoAlaskanhusky.gif

Jack Del Rio sabotaged that game for us on defense. His vanilla blitz and why the fuck was Talib on T.Y and not Chris Harris Jr. And the offense was limited due to Peyton's quad. They discovered CJ can rip that defense apart on the 4th down play by that time it was too late. Fuck Fox and fuck Del Rio.

MechDX

Common element in Manning to the Texans in 2011 and the rumors now?

Gary Kubiak.

Kubes and Mannings ego can't exist together.

Godslay

Banned
Jack Del Rio sabotaged that game for us on defense. His vanilla blitz and why the fuck was Talib on T.Y and not Chris Harris Jr. And the offense was limited due to Peyton's quad.

Talib on T.Y is something you would expect a Yuro would do on Madden. That about killed me watching that game.

While the Broncos did shit the bed, credit has to be given to the Colts too. I remember Davis shut part of the field down, and they out played Denver on the whole.

Common element in Manning to the Texans in 2011 and the rumors now?

Gary Kubiak.

Kubes and Mannings ego can't exist together.

Well, luck for us we get to see a head full of perfect hair collide with a five head of epic portions.

lol godslay desperate for these rumors to not be true. accept your team is going to turn to absolute shit very quickly. niners already have a head start on the donks!

Godslay

Banned
lol godslay desperate for these rumors to not be true. accept your team is going to turn to absolute shit very quickly. niners already have a head start on the donks!

Desperate? I'm fine with what they do, either way. Reason being I don't control it. Is it frustrating to lose, especially when a team should have played better? Absolutely.

If anyone has said things are cyclical, it's me. I'm fine with going with Brock and having the potential to be shit and lose. I'm a Bronco fan first, and if that means Peyton is gone and Brock is the guy, I'll be fine with that. If I could make it through Orton, I can make it through anything!

In 2014 former Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall retired at age 26, walking away from millions in potential earnings. While Mendenhall may no longer be playing, he's still drawing on his NFL experience as a part of his new job.
Since retiring Mendenhall, who made more than $13.8 million during his six-year career, joined the Writers Guild of America and worked as a writer on the first season of HBO's "Ballers," which aired its series premiere last Sunday.
"Ballers" is about an ex-NFL player who transitions to life as an agent. It stars Dwayne The Rock Johnson, and has been widely compared to "Entourage."
http://www.businessinsider.com/rash...show-ballers-2015-6?google_editors_picks=true

Godslay

Banned
I'll try again, and this time I'll put the word through to my associates at M$ (this is how we call Microsoft in the biz (business)).

It said 72 hours and I registered on Sunday, so there is still time. I'm not too worried about it I'll be out of town for a few days anyways.

Greg

10 out of 10 for me.

I saw 0 commercials didn't even know wtf it was about but when with the family for fathers day. Got blown the fuck away.

Take her to the moon for me =(
this is the most unexpected post

it's like if Kas came here and said Stafford was just OK

JJ Watt || 2014 DPOY Highlights ᴴᴰ

Great video of Watt highlights from 2014 and a big FU to Skip Bayless as the beginning.

2 things:

1. that video is cut like shit. First play an offensive play? Too much screen flipping too. Half the time I couldn't even find Watt since the clip started with the rush.

2. I agree with Skip, though I don't think it's Watt's fault. Sacks and turnovers just aren't as devastating as they were when Bruce Smith or LT Played.

Top Bottom