• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Milchjon

Weird question:
In Germany, maybe the most important breakfast food (at home) is a slice of buttered bread with some topping like jam, nutella, cheese or ham. No second slice to top it off and turn it into a sandwich, rarely multiple layers of stuff like you'd find on a sandwich.

A typical breakfast table would consist of a basket of sliced bread, some butter, lots of different cheeses, meats and sweet spreads to choose from (and maybe secondary stuff like boiled eggs and cereal).

It never really even occurred to me that this was possible, but I can't remember ever having seen this setup portrayed in American culture? Does this really not exist?

(Inspired by that OT thread)

MRSA

Banned
Milch,

It isn't breakfast if it doesn't have bacon, eggs, and sausage. Any combination of those, preferably all three.

american-breakfast.jpg

I can do without the pancakes and potatoes.

Although I must say eggs benedict is probably the king of breakfast followed by pho.

eggs-benedict-a.jpg

hu_tieu_my_tho.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Many Americans don't really eat a lot of breakfast. Sure we have a cultural norm for breakfast food but most people I know eat maybe a bowl of cereal or something benign like that.

MRSA

Banned
What wienke said, most people will resort to McDonalds breakfast (no joke check out the drive through lines in the morning), my breakfast is usually avocado, 1 bacon, 1 sausage, and a fried egg. This also with bulletproof cofy.

ampere

Weird question:
In Germany, maybe the most important breakfast food (at home) is a slice of buttered bread with some topping like jam, nutella, cheese or ham. No second slice to top it off and turn it into a sandwich, rarely multiple layers of stuff like you'd find on a sandwich.

A typical breakfast table would consist of a basket of sliced bread, some butter, lots of different cheeses, meats and sweet spreads to choose from (and maybe secondary stuff like boiled eggs and cereal).

It never really even occurred to me that this was possible, but I can't remember ever having seen this setup portrayed in American culture? Does this really not exist?

(Inspired by that OT thread)

I've hard European style breakfast like that when I studied abroad, but it's not a super common setup here.

I just have waffles, peanut butter and fruit for breakfast

cdyhybrid

What wienke said, most people will resort to McDonalds breakfast (no joke check out the drive through lines in the morning), my breakfast is usually avocado, 1 bacon, 1 sausage, and a fried egg. This also with bulletproof cofy.

That's because breakfast is the only good food McDonald's serves!

Bread

Banned
I had a dream that the Pats were in the super bowl and Aaron Hernandez showed up in uniform and everyone went fucking nuts. Wish that were true but alas some people get framed for crimes ya know?

Spinluck

I saw Inside Out today, and I thought it was a good film. Not top 5 Pixar but pretty damn good, would like for them to keep going in this direction. There was actually a scene in the film that made some of the kids in theater cry, so bring tissues when you go Gata. It was nice to hear some of the parents comfort them after that scene, if only Bionic was there for you Gata :'(.

Btw, some little kid behind me was throwing popcorn and kept kicking my chair. I asked like 3 times to stop (I was very polite). The little guy was lucky I wasn't Adrian Peterson.

RIP Spin's dad.

Some things are best forgetten, like our friendship.

I know it's not football but I wanted to post this interview with Steve Nash, one of my favorite athletes in general and seems like such a nice guy.

If you don't know how it went down he signed a deal with the lakers and then broke his leg, essentially ending his career. He kept battling to get back on the court during the final years of his contract but it became clear it wasn't gonna happen. Some people were harking on him for taking the money when he knew that he wasn't going to be able to get back on the court instead of retiring. He talks about it and I was really inspired by how it was so clear how much he valued being able to compete at such a high level, and that nobody was more devastated by that injury than him.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13143109&s=espn

Hey BG is alive, you deserve this BG! How long until Pryor is your starting QB while he's a WR?
Did I steal ur drink? Or wrongfully post a milana gift?

With the amount of Qbs we usually play during a season I wouldn't doubt if he some how suited up. It's not a season without multiple Qbs!
i would sit on julie johnstons lap

zychi

Banned
NOT 1 BUT 2 BLACKHAWKS ON THE COVER OF NHL 16

too bad the game will be a broken piece of shit like the last two years

FMT, you heard about your crazy ass ex-coach running a practice in full pads?

yes. things like this tell me that harbs was meant to be our coach. and but for a spoiled cock sucking dumb motherfucking piece of shit with a silver spoon up his ass, harbs would still be our coach and we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the league

however, here we are. now if you'll excuse me i need to fade away into a day dream where i get to watch jimmy harbs plow into that weather girls ass for hours and hours

yes. things like this tell me that harbs was meant to be our coach. and but for a spoiled cock sucking dumb motherfucking piece of shit with a silver spoon up his ass, harbs would still be our coach and we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the league

however, here we are. now if you'll excuse me i need to fade away into a day dream where i get to watch jimmy harbs plow into that weather girls ass for hours and hours

Damn tell me how you really feel.

MRSA

Banned
Did I steal ur drink? Or wrongfully post a milana gift?

With the amount of Qbs we usually play during a season I wouldn't doubt if he some how suited up. It's not a season without multiple Qbs!
i would sit on julie johnstons lap

Julie-Johnston-1.jpg

Although I don't think Yankee would be supportive of Browns fan sitting on his starting TE's girlfriend's lap.

Hey at least you're still better than the jests and browns

Top Bottom