• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Teryl Austin ranked among NFL's top coordinators

16701952-mmmain.jpg

The Detroit Lions are pretty fortunate that Teryl Austin is still their defensive coordinator. In 2014, he led one of the top defenses in all of the NFL, and people around the league took notice. He interviewed for numerous head-coaching jobs after the season, and he's viewed as someone who will be running his own team sooner rather than later.

Don't believe me? Just look at what NFL.com's Bucky Brooks wrote this week. Not only did he rank Austin as the fourth-best defensive coordinator in the NFL and the eighth-best coordinator overall, but Brooks thinks Austin is the top head-coaching candidate of the group:

Who will garner attention in next offseason's hiring cycle? Well, obviously, that'll depend on how things play out in the 2015 campaign. But as of right now, these three guys stand out among current coordinators:

1) Teryl Austin, defensive coordinator, Detroit Lions
2) Josh McDaniels, offensive coordinator, New England Patriots
3) Hue Jackson, offensive coordinator, Cincinnati Bengals

Specifically, Brooks highlighted Austin's "adaptability and schematic versatility" and "communication skills and trustworthiness" as his biggest attributes. That skill set, combined with what he has done in such a short time with the defense in Detroit, has made him one of the most attractive head-coaching candidates in all of the NFL.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/6/24/8839943/teryl-austin-nfl-top-coordinators

We were really lucky Coach Austin decided not to jump to Atlanta this offseason. Did an unbelievable job with the defense last year and somehow I think he could do just as well despite losing Suh.

It'd certainly help if our offense jumps out to 14-0, 21-0 leads early in the game as opposed to last season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just a heads up if anyone cares:

TRU has the Turtle Beach NLa headset for WiiU on clearance for $10.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde....11902633.11902635.11902666&parentPage=family

Found out the other day these work on the Xbox One as well. Safe to assume they also would work on the PS4 since the PS4 (non USB) headsets work on the One.

I was using the PS4 version of this exact same headset when we were all playing Destiny / Last of Us so if I didn't sound like ass, people should jump on it.

I'm also digging the summer themed beach ball at the top!

MechDX

I was using the PS4 version of this exact same headset when we were all playing Destiny / Last of Us so if I didn't sound like ass, people should jump on it.

I'm also digging the summer themed beach ball at the top!

Yeah I had a friend online testing this with me yesterday. First used an old 360 headset and he said it was fine and he could hear me well. Then switched to this and he was shocked by how clear I sounded.

I saw the 3 "different" console versions of these but why pay $40 for the One/PS4 versions when they are all the same? These also can used on a 3DS since they do stereo sound for games as well.

Crisco

Banned
Teryl Austin ranked among NFL's top coordinators

16701952-mmmain.jpg

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/6/24/8839943/teryl-austin-nfl-top-coordinators

We were really lucky Coach Austin decided not to jump to Atlanta this offseason. Did an unbelievable job with the defense last year and somehow I think he could do just as well despite losing Suh.

It'd certainly help if our offense jumps out to 14-0, 21-0 leads early in the game as opposed to last season.

The Lions will start 1-3, at best.

jakncoke

Banned
In 2 years Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning , Ben Roethlisberger could be in the top 10 all time in passing tds. I wonder last time 3 from the same draft class were in the top 10 all time in passingtds

Spinluck

Is The Order worth $20 USD? We all know it would be worth 20 Euros because that isn't real money.

The whole exchange rate thing is just to make them feel better.

Top Bottom