• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1377380069_barry-sanders-o.gif

barry-sanders-o.gif

tumblr_mfqefif13H1renuivo1_500.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Quitting =! Retiring gracefully after a Hall of Fame career.

Sanders said in the documentary that he struggled with the decision to retire all offseason, but in the end, had lost the “drive, determination and enjoyment” for the game.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...all-Life/57aa2db0-59a3-46ab-9e81-a7cbd321c2b8

Shame he never had a Quarterback like Matthew Stafford but we still made it to the NFC Championship game with him once.

Plus the Bobby Layne curse was in effect unfortunately. The 50 year curse Bobby Layne ended in 2009 when Matthew Stafford was drafted #1.

You may find yourself asking, “What does this have to do with Matthew Stafford?”

That’s a good question.

Matt Stafford attended the same high school as Bobby Layne: Highland Park High School in Dallas. It had been the same number of years between the Lions' last championship and Highland Park’s until Stafford marched them back to the Promised Land.

As for how this pertains to Detroit, upon being traded to the Steelers, Layne claimed that his old team wouldn’t win again for 50 years. That was 50 years ago.

It’s now or never for Detroit. If they don’t grab Stafford, he will forever be remembered in Lions lore as the one that truly did get away, regardless of how his career turns out.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/128591-the-curse-of-bobby-layne-it-ends-with-stafford

The Football Gods are sending us a message.

zychi

Banned
Kas, he's only a quitter because his franchise refused to help him. I wouldn't want to risk my body for a franchise that didn't care about making it to the Super Bowl either.

Why do you think all those 49ers retired this year? Same issue Barry had.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Do you have to work on Sundays sometimes?

Cause you should know. We are basically Chick Fil A as a nation. Somewhat bigoted, fucking awesome and closed on Sundays.

Sometimes. I know that Germany doesn't do shit on Sunday. It's pretty righteous. One of my favorite things about living here. Mandatory chill the fuck out day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sometimes. I know that Germany doesn't do shit on Sunday. It's pretty righteous. One of my favorite things about living here. Mandatory chill the fuck out day.

I have heard stories of Germans not having fridges and buying all their food daily though. How does that work on Sundays? Is Germany's reliance on daily trips to the baker, butcher, etc overstated?

jakncoke

Banned
I have heard stories of Germans not having fridges and buying all their food daily though. How does that work on Sundays? Is Germany's reliance on daily trips to the baker, butcher, etc overstated?

How does a 1st world nation in 2015 not regularly have fridges?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Many European countries don't have things we have here such as cars, air conditioners, fridges, deodorant, a backbone.

And they call us backwards. Please

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

I haven't seen a single German place without a fridge. Now, German residences will often come without a fridge - everybody buys their own fridge and moves it with them. But often, in German apartments, there will often be a smaller, half fridge because of the tendency to buy fresh food daily. Most people still have a normal size fridge though.

Also, there are sometimes a bakery or two open on Sundays for a couple of hours. We have one in the town we live in that is a bakery on one side and a butcher on the other. But that will depend on the size of the town.

someone forgot to drink their coffee!

I had it in my to-go Thermos!

Milchjon

Wienke pls.

We are a first world country. We even have stuff unknown to Americans like a non-crumbling infrastructure, houses not made from plywood, and public transport.

Also amenities like mandatory paid holidays, maternity leave and social services that actually deserve the name.

The only things we don't have compared to America is Popeyes, watchable entertainment and sports, gay marriage, police brutality and ACs.

Wienke pls.

We are a first world country. We even have stuff unknown to Americans like a non-crumbling infrastructure, houses not made from plywood, and public transport.

Also amenities like mandatory paid holidays, maternity leave and a social net that actually deserves the name.

The only things we don't have compared to America is Popeyes, watchable entertainment and sports, gay marriage, police brutality and ACs.

We don't need ACs here, cause it's rarely warm enough to use them, and we don't chill our malls to a sub zero temperature.

Also, we have gay marriage here. I think we were the first country to make it legal, cause we cool like that.

Good morning

Another kid was bit by a shark. I refer you to previous post on this matter.

I feel for these kids attacked by sharks off the coast of NC in two separate incidents this week. [EDITOR'S NOTE: This number has now jumped to six incidents in two weeks]

Why these parents let their kids
who all happen to have their skin complexion in a certain direction, #notsayinjustsayin
jump into shark infested water and then are surprised when...well sharks do what they do, I'll never know.

"Can't see my knee means the water's too deep for me" is the motto when it comes to the ocean.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Were they bitten by blacktips? If so, nut the fuck up, those things don't get big enough to eat people. They usually just nibble a leg or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I haven't seen a single German place without a fridge. Now, German residences will often come without a fridge - everybody buys their own fridge and moves it with them. But often, in German apartments, there will often be a smaller, half fridge because of the tendency to buy fresh food daily. Most people still have a normal size fridge though.

Also, there are sometimes a bakery or two open on Sundays for a couple of hours. We have one in the town we live in that is a bakery on one side and a butcher on the other. But that will depend on the size of the town.

I had it in my to-go Thermos!

Wienke pls.

Also amenities like mandatory paid holidays, maternity leave and social services that actually deserve the name.

Alright well I apparently heard wrong from all the German-weaboos that I've had for German teachers throughout the years talking about how they do everything fresher and better there and only fat Americans need fridges to hold all their extra frozen food.

Top Bottom