• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

ampere

Mesmerizing...
QQHcPxd.gif

BigAT

Not on the offensive side of things, no.

Well, in recent history. I was a little boy in the late 90's

Putting up only 14 points in the Super Bowl after being one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history isn't a choke job?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Even if you blame Welker for the SB46 incompletion (which is ridiculous, that was all Tom's fault), how is he not on the "offensive side of things"?

Putting up only 14 points in the Super Bowl after being one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history isn't a choke job?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Even if you blame Welker for the SB46 incompletion (which is ridiculous, that was all Tom's fault), how is he not on the "offensive side of things"?

Giants have always been one of the toughest opponents in the current era/

I wouldn't call that "choking", choking to me is having a perfect oppourtunity to win and doing something rediculously bad and throwing it away. Or getting completely blown out and not even showing up, which didn't happen.

Which , if you want to view the Welker throw as a choke you can do that if you want. Throw was high but not high enough to be impossible to catch and Welker had his hand on the ball, he makes that catch 80 times out of 100.

BigAT

Giants have always been one of the toughest opponents in the current era/

I wouldn't call that "choking", choking to me is having a perfect oppourtunity to win and doing something rediculously bad and throwing it away.

Which , if you want to view the Welker throw as a choke you can do that if you want. Throw was high but not high enough to be impossible to catch and Welker had his hand on the ball, he makes that catch 80 times out of 100.

What is choking if not performing significantly below your prior standard when you finally get to the biggest stage? That is basically the textbook definition and precisely what the Patriots did in 2008.

P.S. I like Gata using my word like he just read it off some fucking word-a-day vocab calendar.

What is choking if not performing significantly below your prior standard when you finally get to the biggest stage? That is basically the textbook definition and precisely what the Patriots did in 2008.

Because the regular season is always nothing compared to playoff football.

We only scored 21 points against Chargers, most teams almost always score less in the playoffs and depend more on defense when it comes down to it.

Godslay

Banned
The most prolific offense ever only scoring 8 points in a Superbowl. Even the jags and titans scored more against Seattle smh.

Yeah they also faced the best defense we've seen in a long time. Seattle was also the #1 seed that year.

Giants had a pretty good Dline, and that's about it. They are remembered more for how unremarkable they were. Brady got shut down by a bunch of guys who really had no business being there. No offense to the Giants of course.

Seems the same, but Seattle was more talented and better than that Giants team was. At least on paper.

So Brady's choke was larger simply looking at those facts.

cajunator

Banned
aww yeah I finally got some more Bundaberg ginger beer.
World Market closed in March to move to a new location down the road and they finally reopened and restocked. Time to enjoy.

ampere

aww yeah I finally got some more Bundaberg ginger beer.
World Market closed in March to move to a new location down the road and they finally reopened and restocked. Time to enjoy.

Hey Cajun. I got a sub today and the guy who owns the sub shop is a big Saints fan. He called it bullshit that our coach got off with nothing over deflategate. I thought of you.

The most prolific offense ever only scoring 8 points in a Superbowl. Even the jags and titans scored more against Seattle smh.

Gata... that is a low blow. It's permissible here, but just barely.

Godslay

Banned
Hey Cajun. I got a sub today and the guy who owns the sub shop is a big Saints fan. He called it bullshit that our coach got off with nothing over deflategate. I thought of you.

Broncos got blown out. We don't sit here and make excuses for it.

Why can't Pats fans own up to anything?

Yeah they also faced the best defense we've seen in a long time. Seattle was also the #1 seed that year.

Giants had a pretty good Dline, and that's about it. They are remembered more for how unremarkable they were. Brady got shut down by a bunch of guys who really had no business being there. No offense to the Giants of course.

Seems the same, but Seattle was more talented and better than that Giants team was. At least on paper.

So Brady's choke was larger simply looking at those facts.
The Broncos were just frauds I guess.

cajunator

Banned

it is pretty much bullshit but it doesnt really matter.

Top Bottom