• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Ok, but it's been one and a half decades of the team being Superbowl champs, and really two decades of the team being proper decent. You can't really call people in the area "bandwaggon fans" because the team hasn't sucked as they grew up.

Hey man, I excluded people who lived nearby. I was talking about the people across the nation that hopped on.

It's not like anyone outside of the general New England area likes the Pats, anyone who cheered for us in the 01' game probably hate the Pats by this point if they live outside of NE

Oh, that's not true at all. There may not be a Pats Nation like the Cowboys or Steelers but sustained success is a great way to absorb casual fans into the fold.

I do caffeine multiple times a day. It's kind of a problem.

I just axed caffeine myself. I'm glad my body doesn't put up too much of a fight when I let it go.

ampere

Caffeine never did much good for me. I'd get more jittery, less attentive and have a stomach ache. All around a lose-lose-lose.

Fuck cofy

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh man! I thought you were saying you were getting migraines from caffeine withdrawals. That sounds brutal, glad you figured out what the issue was.

Time to go down the dark path of decaf, I suppose!

Diet coke was my crutch so I switched to caffeine free.

Which is served absolutely nowhere so when I'm travelling, I'm constantly finding a CVS or a Walmart to stock up for the hotel room.

Those new Coke Freestyle machines have them so Wendys, Five Guys, Pei Wei, and Firehouse are awesome.

gutshot

New PAT/2-pt conversion rules will be voted on next week at the owner's meetings. The Eagles and the Pats both proposed a rule change as did the competition committee. Those potential changes are:

Eagles - PAT at 15, two-point try at 1. Defense can score.
Patriots - PAT at 15, two-point try at 2. Defense can't score.
Competition committee - PAT at 15, two-point try at 2. Defense can score.

My guess is we end up with what the competition committee proposed.

Draxal

New PAT/2-pt conversion rules will be voted on next week at the owner's meetings. The Eagles and the Pats both proposed a rule change as did the competition committee. Those potential changes are:

I think the Pats option is the best one, will still have too many automatic pats as coaches are risk averse.

Diet coke was my crutch so I switched to caffeine free.

Which is served absolutely nowhere so when I'm travelling, I'm constantly finding a CVS or a Walmart to stock up for the hotel room.

Those new Coke Freestyle machines have them so Wendys, Five Guys, Pei Wei, and Firehouse are awesome.

Does caffeine free diet Coke really do it for you or is it kind of a stopgap? Sometimes I want something other than water but I don't want caffeine or sugar and that really limits my options.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does caffeine free diet Coke really do it for you or is it kind of a stopgap? Sometimes I want something other than water but I don't want caffeine or sugar and that really limits my options.

It does it for me!

I also drink Sprite Zero, Diet A&W, all those Vitamin Water Zeros, etc.

Diet Ocean Waters from Sonic are pretty good too in a pinch. Really those coke freestyle machines are my nirvana since you can get Cherry and Vanilla flavoring in them too.

So it appears that every Japanese company will now be making video games for iphones that have f2p mechanics.
PuXhRvM.gif

ampere

If the defense scores in those scenarios do they get 2pt or a full TD?

Pepiope

When would this rule come into affect? This year? I've always wanted the defense to be able to score on a PAT.

Fox318

People need to start hating on the whales of F2P games.

Why make good games when you can make shitty cheap games that can make their money back in a week.

Fox318

But hey guys if you actually want good games buy something like the Witcher and get a gaming pc/laptop.

Consoles at this point are for sports games and high profit margin plastic games like Skylanders.

Hell Nintendo probably made more profit on selling cheap ass shitty plastic figures then they did games this year.

But hey guys if you actually want good games buy something like the Witcher and get a gaming pc/laptop.

Consoles at this point are for sports games and high profit margin plastic games like Skylanders.

Hell Nintendo probably made more profit on selling cheap ass shitty plastic figures then they did games this year.
Have fun playing Bloodborne on your PC.

Eagles picked up Tebow who is good at one thing, running the option want a two point conversion at the one yard line.

One yard line is way too close, anyone who can QB dive will always get... wait a minute.

On second thought, lets do the one yard line.

Fox318

I think the history books will look back as the beginning of a massive slowdown for video games and its all due to one thing.

The Microsoft kinnect.

If Microsoft carried its momentum from the 360 we wouldn't be having these talks.

ampere

Yeah I still have to have a Wii U/3DS for Zelda and Mario.

Also local MP has mostly died outside of Wii U. It's nice to have Mario Kart available for friends who enjoy the occasional game. I mean I could also show girls how far Mario has come since the SNES so there's that too

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Konami might be dead but at least we have games like Axiom Verge and hopefully Iga's kickstarter game will be good too.

The only real issue for me is that the Castlevania and Contra IPs are now held by a shit gaming company. Would love to see those sold off to someone else.

Fox318

Konami might be dead but at least we have games like Axiom Verge and hopefully Iga's kickstarter game will be good too.

The only real issue for me is that the Castlevania and Contra IPs are now held by a shit gaming company. Would love to see those sold off to someone else.

Except Kickstarters aren't always going to be good.

For every FTL there is going to be disappointments like Broken Age and complete failures like Yogventures.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Except Kickstarters aren't always going to be good.

For every FTL there is going to be disappointments like Broken Age and complete failures like Yogventures.

I'm not sure how you would mess up a Metroidvania though, especially if you have a history of making them.

Yeah I still have to have a Wii U/3DS for Zelda and Mario.

Also local MP has mostly died outside of Wii U. It's nice to have Mario Kart available for friends who enjoy the occasional game. I mean I could also show girls how far Mario has come since the SNES so there's that too

Okay where did this come from? I've seen people post it a few times.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Okay where did this come from? I've seen people post it a few times.

I dont have the link for the thread but it was one of those girl-age threads where a dude was talking about what to do when he brought a girl home with him. She apparently mentioned in passing that she liked Super Mario World as a kid and he wanted to show her "how far Mario has come since then".

Rightfully so, he was ridiculed for getting a girl inside his apartment and wanting to show her video games above all else.

I think the history books will look back as the beginning of a massive slowdown for video games and its all due to one thing.

The Microsoft kinnect.

If Microsoft carried its momentum from the 360 we wouldn't be having these talks.

The history books will look as Microsoft's time in gaming as nothing more than a curiosity. They reached the peak of their contributions with XBOX Live and have been creatively bankrupt ever since. In their finest hour with all the possible advantages in their favor they still came up lame behind Sony.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The history books will look as Microsoft's time in gaming as nothing more than a curiosity. They reached the peak of their contributions with XBOX Live and have been creatively bankrupt ever since. In their finest hour with all the possible advantages in their favor they still came up lame behind Sony.

To Microsoft's credit, they played a major part of turning console gaming into a decisively Western thing.

That's not at all what they set out to do but they helped set the tone for sure.

Fox318

To Microsoft's credit, they played a major part of turning console gaming into a decisively Western thing.

That's not at all what they set out to do but they helped set the tone for sure.

Final Fantasy used to have Pepsi standees in 7-Eleven.

Can you see any Japaneses game doing that today?

Agreed.

I'm of the opinion that if MS wasn't around that would have happened anyway.

American developers started hitting their stride right when the XBOX debuted and the Japanese approach to making games proved unsustainable. It's no coincidence that all these long time devs saying fuck the console industry are Eastern.

Fox318

I'm of the opinion that if MS wasn't around that would have happened anyway.

American developers started hitting their stride right when the XBOX debuted and the Japanese approach to making games proved unsustainable. It's no coincidence that all these long time devs saying fuck the console industry are Eastern.

Couldn't that also be related to Japanese management style vs American management styles?

Top Bottom