• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

cdyhybrid

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12888612/tom-brady-nflpa-cannot-win-appeal-filed-deflategate

Man, Munson goes all in on Brady. Bionic would be proud of his fellow lawyer.

A: It is possible the Patriots' rebuttal will become the foundation for a lawsuit against Goodell and the league. But it is more likely that the purpose of the rebuttal was a form of damage control. It offers material for the Patriots' true-believer fans to use as they continue to support their beloved team.

:jnc

Honestly if I'm arbitrator and Brady comes in with the Pats rebuttal as the basis of the argument for his appeal, I'm extending the suspension to 6 games because of how lame the reasoning is.

The ballboy's called the deflator because he's a Stafford trying to get right? Fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Draxal

Honestly if I'm arbitrator and Brady comes in with the Pats rebuttal as the basis of the argument for his appeal, I'm extending the suspension to 6 games because of how lame the reasoning is.

The ballboy's called the deflator because he's a Stafford trying to get right? Fuck outta here with that nonsense.

If the arbitrator had the power to actually increase a penalty, well, then Brady and the NFLPA might not have filed an appeal.

:)

Fox318

Goodell should answer why he was even able to play in the Super Bowl.

They clearly knew the suspension before the schedule was made. Why else would the Colts game be then?

squicken

Seattle Seahawks outside linebacker Bruce Irvin says he will be playing for the Atlanta Falcons in 2016.

"I'm going to be in Atlanta next season," Irvin told BlackSportsOnline.com while attending the Eastern Conference semifinals in Atlanta on Wednesday night. "I'm ready."

Seems awkward

Narag

@Edwerderespn
Roger Goodell invokes his right under CBA to preside over Tom Brady appeal, per souce, as @mikefreemanNFL first reported

herewego

squicken

@Edwerderespn
Roger Goodell invokes his right under CBA to preside over Tom Brady appeal, per souce, as @mikefreemanNFL first reported

herewego

Goodell hears the appeal, upholds it, Brady then concedes. He saves face by fighting it, never admits wrongdoing, while all incriminating evidence remains sealed

If he goes to court, all his texts are public and he is exposed. This a deal. Maybe Goodell reduces the suspension and the Pats and Brady go quietly.

We're on the cusp of a really, really protracted and ugly legal battle.

Rog isn't overturning his own ruling. Brady's not to going to accept that lying down.

This is ending in court.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Gata goes Heel against his role models.
Cco339p.gif

:jnc

We're just going to act like this wasn't posted?

Mrbob

@Edwerderespn

herewego

NFL calling the Patriots bluff. They want to see the Patriots attempt to take this to a court of law. Then Brady can't hide his texts.

Draxal

Goodell hears the appeal, upholds it, Brady then concedes. He saves face by fighting it, never admits wrongdoing, while all incriminating evidence remains sealed

If he goes to court, all his texts are public and he is exposed. This a deal. Maybe Goodell reduces the suspension and the Pats and Brady go quietly.

I can see Goodell knocking it to two games.

We're on the cusp of a really, really protracted and ugly legal battle.

Rog isn't overturning his own ruling. Brady's not to going to accept that lying down.

This is ending in court.

I don't think it's going to court, I'm pretty sure Brady doesn't want those texts released.

That would be great. Then we get Brady's texts and confirmation once and for all that he's a cheater.

Like non-delusional pat fans need any more proof. Brady is a cheating cunt, Bill is a cheating cunt, Gronk is a diseased cunt and that whole organization should be moved to Canada.

#Fuckthepats

Edit: I don't get all this court talk, what's he going to sue for? He has nothing.

@Edwerderespn

herewego

Damn, this just going even more interesting. Popcorn.gif

Someone posted that trail by combat meme seems more accurate after this revelation.

squicken

It's just bad for business for a team to fight the league. For a star player to be publicly shamed. Right now they are all trying to figure out a way to achieve Peace With Honor

Duxxy3

It's just bad for business for a team to fight the league. For a star player to be publicly shamed. Right now they are all trying to figure out a way to achieve Peace With Honor

I don't know anymore. Both sides are unbelievably stubborn. Goodell appointing himself makes it look like the patriots won't receive an independent review (according to their standards). That was probably done because the Patriots openly trashed the Well's investigation (something they're not supposed to do).

This was set up for Goodell to hear the appeal, it's why he was hands off and had Troy Vincent be the face of the penalties given to Brady and the Pats. Goodell wanted this. The rage coming from the likes of Brady's agent tomorrow will be amazing

Godslay

Banned
Broncos sign Josh Furman (Old Mill) to four-year, $2.332 million deal. Secondary going to be DEEP.

Man Chris Harris doesn't lie when he calls it the No Fly Zone. I wonder who the FS will end up being? I thought they were saying Roby was going to give it a go. Should be interesting. Last piece to fit anyways.

I don't know anymore. Both sides are unbelievably stubborn. Goodell appointing himself makes it look like the patriots won't receive an independent review (according to their standards). That was probably done because the Patriots openly trashed the Well's investigation (something they're not supposed to do).

Trashed would imply that their rebuttal wasn't filled with logical failings and absurdities.. But yeah, that's a No-no.

Duxxy3

Duxxy do you believe wrongs were committed by Brady or the pats?

I think that they are undeniably responsible for the low pressure of the balls at half time and should have been punished for mishandling of equipment. I don't find the available evidence of a conspiracy to be damning. The Patriots and Brady should have been punished for not fully cooperating. The punishment was so severe because of the lack of cooperation along with Kraft's "apology" statement (especially that Kraft statement).

Basically it has been one escalation after another from both sides. Kraft trying to show off his power over the league, and Goodell trying to prove that nobody owns him.

Top Bottom