• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
mexican-hotdog_DSC0645.jpg

Korver running the fuck away for BronBron is the most Atlanta Sportsteam thing I've ever seen. I bet he burned his dick in the locker room.

You never replied to the requests for hot dogs last page. Get to cookin!

Just saw it. I'll start a crowd funding project so you guys can help me buy the ingredients and then I'll ship you the hotdogs.

Us population density = 85 per sq mi
France population density = 295 per sq mi
UK pop density = 660 per sq mi.
German pop density = 593 per sq mile
World Cup Chokers pop density = 1,062 per square mile.

Comparisons between the states and those countries are silly.

World Cup Chockers?

You better not be talking about the Dutch. You ignorant slutbag.

Miami Dolphins making all the right moves in inspired offseason
Think about it: The Dolphins got rid of wide receiver Mike Wallace, who cost (and quit) too much. They landed Ndamukong Suh, arguably the most coveted defensive free agent since Reggie White hit the open market in 1993. They extended Mike Pouncey, one of the best centers in football. They stole wide receiver Kenny Stills and tight end Jordan Cameron. And with their 14th overall pick, they managed to draft DeVante Parker, who could be the best selection -- in terms of value and need -- that Miami has made in decades.

Oh, right: Then they locked up a franchise quarterback with a deal that pays him for success, all just a year removed from signing the best left tackle on the free-agent market (Branden Albert) and drafting two rising studs (Ja'Wuan James and Jarvis Landry)
Pessimistic Dolphins fans will no doubt view all of these changing fortunes as more teases, more proof that Miami is nothing more than a relevant offseason organization and an irrelevant in-season football team -- and who can blame them?

But Ross, perhaps, might instead prefer to envision something else. He might see Tannehill, Suh, Pouncey, Landry and Parker all on the same field in 2019, all under contract, all under a new roof at Sun Life Stadium, all on football's biggest stage.

A dreamer's vision? Perhaps.

But at least the Dolphins owner is finally making decisions to back it up.
Offseason hype is real, bros.

Cam Newton fell almost 50 spots in NFLN's annual "Ain't shit happening in football but people can't get enough of it so we need something to fill the time and get clicks, so let's make a bullshit list of players" Top 100.

24 in the 2014 list

73 in the 2015 list

Scorching hot takes from Panthers Nation in 3...2..

BIG EDIT: I forgot that this list was chosen by the players which means Cam can play the I GETZ NO RESPEKT card and ball out next year. Sorry rest of the NFL

eznark

Banned
Just saw that Tannehill's contract was wildly misreported, obviously, so I did a little math.

Over the next two years Tannehill is likely to get paid $25m. $21.5 is guaranteed and another $3.5 is a roster bonus in March of 2016. He'd have to have a Fitzpatrick like collapse to not get that.

That puts his AAV over the next two seasons at $12.5m, making him the 18th highest paid QB in the league, behind Sam Bradford.

I kind of want to go look for Eagles fans who have laughed at this contract now.

Just saw that Tannehill's contract was wildly misreported, obviously, so I did a little math.

Over the next two years Tannehill is likely to get paid $25m. $21.5 is guaranteed and another $3.5 is a roster bonus in March of 2016. He'd have to have a Fitzpatrick like collapse to not get that.

That puts his AAV over the next two seasons at $12.5m, making him the 18th highest paid QB in the league, behind Sam Bradford.

I kind of want to go look for Eagles fans who have laughed at this contract now.
The contract is fantastic, I'm loving it.

I really hope Philbin stops feeling "queasy" and loosens up the reigns on Tannehill this season. Let him take more control of a game, put him in charge of making the big third down play instead of running the ball and punting. The time is now to see what he's made of.

eznark

Banned
The contract is fantastic, I'm loving it.

I really hope Philbin stops feeling "queasy" and loosens up the reigns on Tannehill this season. Let him take more control of a game, put him in charge of making the big third down play instead of running the ball and punting. The time is now to see what he's made of.

Yeah they get two cheap years and then an obvious cut year. This actually lines up well with Philbin's contract too, so good job Miami!

Just like with kap. When it was first reported everyone said lulz stupid niners! Then after it was lulz stupid kap!

Kap is paid more than Tannehill but he's also a better qb who has actually won in the playoffs. Now I just need wussle to break the bank!

Kap is paid more than Tannehill but he's also a better qb who has actually won in the playoffs. Now I just need wussle to break the bank!
Debatable on who's the better QB. As for the playoff comment Kaep's team and coaching were superior by miles, plus his best year came when teams hadn't adjusted to his style of play yet.

I think we know Kaep's ceiling already which is really disappointing, to be honest. I think we've seen his best days already.

Debatable on who's the better QB. As for the playoff comment Kaep's team and coaching were superior by miles, plus his best year came when teams hadn't adjusted to his style of play yet.

I think we know Kaep's ceiling already which is really disappointing, to be honest. I think we've seen his best days already.

Kap single handedly beat the packers and falcons to get to the superbowl. Then put up 29 points in the sb. People forget our D in that superbowl run gave up an average of 30 ppg in the playoffs.

Kap needs to improve and I don't think he's elite but I would take him any day over tanehill

Kap single handedly beat the packers and falcons to get to the superbowl. Then put up 29 points in the sb. People forget our D in that superbowl run gave up an average of 30 ppg in the playoffs.

Kap needs to improve and I don't think he's elite but I would take him any day over tanehill
I never said that year wasn't impressive. How has his development gone since? Tannehill is still improving year to year.

Last season Tannehill had more yards, a higher completion percentage, more TD's, and a higher QB rating on a team with no o-line.

I never said that year wasn't impressive. How has his development gone since? Tannehill is still improving year to year.

What has Tannehill done in the league? 0 playoff appearances because he shit the bed the past 2 years in gimme games. He maybe showing incremental improvement but always hovering around sorta ok isn't going to change much.

Kap is putting a lot of work in to fix his defeciencies and we will see if it gets better. The only way we can succeed this year is Kap improving

Ps

You think kap had an oline? We had Jonathan Martin start the majority of the year. Let that sink in

What has Tannehill done in the league? 0 playoff appearances because he shit the bed the past 2 years in gimme games. He maybe showing incremental improvement but always hovering around sorta ok isn't going to change much.

Kap is putting a lot of work in to fix his defeciencies and we will see if it gets better. The only way we can succeed this year is Kap improving
I think Tannehill has a higher ceiling, that's all. Not as good a runner but I think he's smarter, more accurate, and has more touch on his passes. Kaep has a stronger arm so that's something I guess...

No doubt Tannehill needs to put the team on his back during big games more often. Don't want another Stafford or Dalton. That said, the defense is the primary reason the Dolphins missed the playoffs last season, average of 36.25 points given up in the last four losses.

You think kap had an oline? We had Jonathan Martin start the majority of the year. Let that sink in
Dolphins had the worst o-line in the league when Albert went down. The stats back me up on that.

Ps

Blaming tannehill for the dolphins not making the playoffs? Lol ok

You had to beat the jets or bills in 2013 to make the playoffs. You put up a combined 7 points in those games. But I guess it's always someone else's fault!
No you're right, that was the worst. I was pissed at everyone and everything for that including Tannehill. Thankfully he has improved since then, just need the rest of the team to catch up.

Also, I don't think it's crazy to think that Kaep is better than Tannehill. I'm just saying it's arguable at the very least.

You had to beat the jets or bills in 2013 to make the playoffs. You put up a combined 7 points in those games. But I guess it's always someone else's fault!

Yes lets ignore the other 10 guys on offense plus the head coaches and offensive coordinators. lets just blame the QB instead, it's an easier and lazier argument to make. It's not like Kap hasn't had two bad games in a row, he's still undefeated right? Hell let's just compare win/loss records. Mind you I'm not even debating for Tannehill, it's too early to tell which QB will have the better career. Sure Kap already got to a superbowl and that's awesome, but those are team efforts, let's see how he does under a new coach in a new system. If I had to pick one though I'd take Tannehill over Kap, but of course part of that is because I'm biased towards tannehill just like you are to Kap.

Draxal

Just saw it. I'll start a crowd funding project so you guys can help me buy the ingredients and then I'll ship you the hotdogs.

World Cup Chockers?

You better not be talking about the Dutch. You ignorant slutbag.

Not my fault you are the Buffalo Bills/Vikings of the soccer world.

Yes lets ignore the other 10 guys on offense plus the head coaches and offensive coordinators. lets just blame the QB instead, it's an easier and lazier argument to make. It's not like Kap hasn't had two bad games in a row, he's still undefeated right? Hell let's just compare win/loss records. Mind you I'm not even debating for Tannehill, it's too early to tell which QB will have the better career. Sure Kap already got to a superbowl and that's awesome, but those are team efforts, let's see how he does under a new coach in a new system. If I had to pick one though I'd take Tannehill over Kap, but of course part of that is because I'm biased towards tannehill just like you are to Kap.

I actually hate kap. He should be on the eagles and Alex here with Jimmy harbs. That is my heaven

Top Bottom