• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone can be is so unappealing to the opposite sex that they don't have to worry about infidelity.

Fraudgers is lucky that way.

spl261508_008-wm900-1.jpg

#ChunkyBoysSquad

bionic77

images

That's an ugly dude. Which is why he has an ugly wife. His money is what is getting him sexy side action.
That is an ugly face, but he is probably ripped and we all know he can dance. Plus he is black...

Still more than Fraudgers can offer the ladies!

squicken

"We know that from our standpoint there was definitely stuff that we left on the table last year," quarterbacks coach Karl Dorrell said via the Texans' official website. "I think (Schaub is) ready to take it up a notch going into 2013. If you're an elite player in this league, you're able to be a crunch-time player. I know Matt's really right there; he's on the cusp of being one of those players."

Beneath Dorrell's optimism is the underlying notion that Schaub has reached a crossroads in his NFL career. He regressed in a major way down the stretch last season, tossing just four touchdowns in his last six games. By the time he was severely outplayed by Brady in the Divisional Round blowout loss, Schaub was nothing more than a glorified game manager.

It's no coincidence that Dorrell cited Schaub's need for improvement in crunch time. The eight-year veteran has just 12 game-winning drives under his belt. To put that number in perspective, Andrew Luck led the Indianapolis Colts on seven game-winning drives as a rookie.

Schaub has been competent enough to prevent the Texans from actively searching for an alternative. That could change if he holds the offense hostage in the postseason for the second consecutive year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...h-time-says-texans-coach?campaign=Twitter_atl

I just can't see the Texans making a real breakthrough (as in, a SB appearance at the least) with Schaub at the helm. They need someone to do what Harbaugh did with the Niners and Smith, but there's no way Kubiak has the guts or confidence (or QB?) to do that. The Texans are in an unenviable position, honestly.

Then again, before last season started I never would have expected to see Flacco as a SB MVP so I guess you never know.

Side note --- has anyone ever had more than seven game winning drives in a single season? Luck's rookie year was just absurd in that respect.

EDIT: 8 for Eli in 2011 and 8 for Jake Delhomme (lol) in 2003.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/gwd_single_season.htm

squicken

It's taken plenty of those.

Do we just talk about football when the season starts?

Well once the season starts we'll rank the starting QBs in terms of handsomeness. Right now Cam and Alex Smith would be in the lead, but we don't know for sure if Alex can beat out Chase Daniel

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's taken plenty of those.

Do we just talk about football when the season starts?

Once training camp really starts up there will be more football talk.

How this thread usually works is we get a lot of banter on game days. Then more analysis and discussion/shit talking on the Tuesday/Wednesday.

Spades

Once training camp really starts up there will be more football talk.

How this thread usually works is we get a lot of banter on game days. Then more analysis and discussion/shit talking on the Tuesday/Wednesday.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START.

On game day the thread moves so fast that you can't keep up with it, and 90% of the posts are stuff like:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

or

:jnc lolphins

or

GODGERS!

It's just a lot of instant reaction type stuff.

Greg

Greg Jennings sounded like a dumbass on First Take.

On game day the thread moves so fast that you can't keep up with it, and 90% of the posts are stuff like:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

or

or

GODGERS!

you just got me excited

bionic77

Be careful what you wish for.

Right now it's all fun and games but shit gets real one hour into week one and it only gets more intense as the season goes along. By week 3 half of us will be screaming for everyone to be fired and by week 6 the depression will start to set in. And that is just for the shit teams. It's even worse for the teams that are going to the playoffs because most of them will be frauds but squicken and the fans of the team won't see it until it is too late.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

or

or

GODGERS!

Not gonna lie, you got me super excited just reading that.

I almost forgot how fast the thread moves on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom