• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
Art_Monk_.jpg

So elegant

Edit: top of the page!

Wes

venison crêpe
There's a user on GAF called squickenlover. Does that mean they love the poster or do they love swapping teams?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did my good deed today. My younger brother is getting into the NFL and asked my opinion on what team he should follow.

It was easier to tell him which teams not to follow:

Browns (why should he suffer as well?)
Steelers (do you support rapists?)
Pats (by the time he gets into them they'll be on a decline)
Panthers (he hates Cam Newton)
Bills (nuff said)

I feel like he's gonna check out the Texans though.

MechDX

Did my good deed today. My younger brother is getting into the NFL and asked my opinion on what team he should follow.

Bills (nuff said)

Fuck yo bagged milk!!

Seriously though, had a couple Brits start following them a couple seasons ago at a Texans forum I post at. Still a young franchise and are just now having some success so you cant be accused of being a bandwagoner. One thing Texans fans can say that 95% of NFL fans cant: I have been here from the start!! David Carr for life yo!!

Bills (nuff said)

why

Bills (nuff said)

racist

Tell him to follow the Dolphins. A team that's on the rise, but doesn't flat out suck and still isn't good enough yet for people to rag on him as a bandwagoner.

Bills (nuff said)

Skol Vikings! Tell him Minnesota is like American Canada.

exarkun

Fuck yo bagged milk!!

Seriously though, had a couple Brits start following them a couple seasons ago at a Texans forum I post at. Still a young franchise and are just now having some success so you cant be accused of being a bandwagoner. One thing Texans fans can say that 95% of NFL fans cant: I have been here from the start!! David Carr for life yo!!

Thats true. I never thought about that. Does that mean we're better than all these other losers who just root for a team they never saw grow in front of their eyes, starting from nothing at all, and becoming a team lead by a good ol' Wisconsin boy? People who just rooted for a team since daddy told em thats how their family did it?

I think it does. Really, we're the most likeable team in the NFL outside of Russy Wilson. RG3 is a scumbag, Luck is an entitled douche, Matthew Stafford is fat, the Pats are killers, and Bionic roots for the steelers. Kaep is a cool dude tho, so I can't hate.

Spinluck

Thats true. I never thought about that. Does that mean we're better than all these other losers who just root for a team they never saw grow in front of their eyes, starting from nothing at all, and becoming a team lead by a good ol' Wisconsin boy? People who just rooted for a team since daddy told em thats how their family did it?

I think it does. Really, we're the most likeable team in the NFL outside of Russy Wilson. RG3 is a scumbag, Luck is an entitled douche, Matthew Stafford is fat, the Pats are killers, and Bionic roots for the steelers. Kaep is a cool dude tho, so I can't hate.

How dare you, take that back.

Luck is what every young QB aspires to be.

Kap looks like a vulture and is one too. He just hovered around Alex's Superbowl bound team, and swooped down to steal the scraps when Alex went to the pub with Harbs one night. Tannehill better watch out, that Dolphins hat wasn't worn for nothing.

WedgeX

Banned

Loveable fat kid!

ipH3rDzXeBDDl.jpg

MechDX

How dare you, take that back.

Luck is what every young QB aspires to be.

Kap looks like a vulture and is one too. He just hovered around Alex's Superbowl bound team, and swooped down to steal the scraps when Alex went to the pub with Harbs one night. Tannehill better watch out, that Dolphins hat wasn't worn for nothing.
Luck is gonna look great in Battle Red when he comes home in a few more years

Godslay

Banned
So I see that the prophecy of Tebow is near it's completion. Our beloved has traveled deep into the heart of darkness. Hernandez crumbled under the presence of the light, Gronk has fallen ill to the plague, and Brady is dealing with a famine. It's only appropriate the the Paladin of the Option brings actual legitimacy back to that cursed franchise.

Meanwhile in Denver, the deweys rack up like the pounds on a sconi wife. Besides all the bullshit that has happened this off-season I'm ready for some goddamn football. No excuses this year. It's time to put up or shut up.

Coming back to NFL-Gaf is like feeling the cool side of the pillow. Then you browse through gaming side and realize your whole extended family has come in and shit your bed. So not much has changed. I was going to wait to come back next week when TC started, but whatever close enough.

Doomsayer

Has anyone been keeping up with the overrated/underrated lists on NFL.com?

What a bunch of garbage.

Joe Montana overrated and John Elway underrated. I don't understand.

Godslay

Banned
Has anyone been keeping up with the overrated/underrated lists on NFL.com?

What a bunch of garbage.

Joe Montana overrated and John Elway underrated. I don't understand.

If Elway had Rice, mmmm, sweet baby Jesus, damage would have been done.

Rice was a Bronco at one point, for the record.

So I see that the prophecy of Tebow is near it's completion. Our beloved has traveled deep into the heart of darkness. Hernandez crumbled under the presence of the light, Gronk has fallen ill to the plague, and Brady is dealing with a famine. It's only appropriate the the Paladin of the Option brings actual legitimacy back to that cursed franchise.

Meanwhile in Denver, the deweys rack up like the pounds on a sconi wife. Besides all the bullshit that has happened this off-season I'm ready for some goddamn football. No excuses this year. It's time to put up or shut up.

Coming back to NFL-Gaf is like feeling the cool side of the pillow. Then you browse through gaming side and realize your whole extended family has come in and shit your bed. So not much has changed. I was going to wait to come back next week when TC started, but whatever close enough.

Its true these are trying times for the Pats but with the guidance of Lord Brady and Bill Belichick The Divine we will get through these trying times.

Godslay

Banned
Its true these are trying times for the Pats but with the guidance of Lord Brady and Bill Belichick The Divine we will get through these trying times.

Darkness will never over power the light. If you start the Teebs at QB the Pats gain instant respect, otherwise they are traveling down the path of death and destruction. There is only one road to redemption, and McD knows it.

Saying that if Elway, Marino, or someone else had his supporting talent they would have won more Super Bowls.

Yup, it's the offseason.

Joe had the best of both worlds, great teams and great coaches. Elway didn't have that luxury. When we look back, you basically slotted in the lefty and had roughly the same level of success. It's impressive, and I love Joe, but I think that takes away from his legacy. As does TD for Elway to a certain degree.

JABEE

Brady > Elway > Montana > Manning Pepe > Marino

if you dont agree, youre a fan of a franchise that hasnt been relevant in 2 decades

elway won his rings by himself, montana had a stacked team and then sucked dick when he didnt
You are describing Tom Brady, except he sucked dick when his team was still stacked.

Lunchbox

Banned
You are describing Tom Brady, except he sucked dick when his team was still stacked.

Brady has never had a losing season in his career

with a crew of -

Troy Brown
Fred Coleman
Scott McCready
Correy Dillon
and Jabbar Gaffneys of the world

one season where he had a receiving corp, he broke every record in the nfl. DONT even try. look at manning playing with all pro receivers his entire career and barely getting 1 ring if you want to look at system qbs

bionic77

joe montana is overrated? in what way?
Joe engineered the catch and changed the fortunes of an entire franchise. One of the greatest plays of all time.

Not much compared until the helmet catch and then Bens game winning throw, 30 years later.

Anyone who thinks Joe was overrated is probably a fantasy football fan who started watching football like 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom