• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Joe had the best of both worlds, great teams and great coaches. Elway didn't have that luxury. When we look back, you basically slotted in the lefty and had roughly the same level of success. It's impressive, and I love Joe, but I think that takes away from his legacy. As does TD for Elway to a certain degree.

Joe didn't exactly have a lot to work with early on his career. Dwight Clark was ok but only had 2 seasons with over 80 catches and the rest of the receiving core at the time didn't get a whole lot because the running backs got a ton of dump offs, and they had no real rushing threat until Tyler/Craig.

bionic77

You Brady fans shut your damn mouths!

Name me one play Tammy had that was as memorable and important as Joe to Clark. You can't because he was a puny ass system qb who had to cheat to win!

Lunchbox

Banned

Name me one play Tammy had that was as memorable and important as Joe to Clark. You can't because he was a puny ass system qb who had to cheat to win!

Steelers guarantee win over Pats

play designed over the head of the same shit stain that said that on the way to the blow out -

imagesqnu4k.jpg

Brady > Elway > Montana > Manning Pepe > Marino

if you dont agree, youre a fan of a franchise that hasnt been relevant in 2 decades

elway won his rings by himself, montana had a stacked team and then sucked dick when he didnt

Brady's SB highlights consist of a fucking kicker. Guy plays for a team of cheating, murdering, male whores and lost to Eli twice. And Montana kicked Elways ass even when he was with the Chefs.

cdyhybrid

If Elway had Rice, mmmm, sweet baby Jesus, damage would have been done.

Rice was a Bronco at one point, for the record.

Darkness will never over power the light. If you start the Teebs at QB the Pats gain instant respect, otherwise they are traveling down the path of death and destruction. There is only one road to redemption, and McD knows it.

Joe had the best of both worlds, great teams and great coaches. Elway didn't have that luxury. When we look back, you basically slotted in the lefty and had roughly the same level of success. It's impressive, and I love Joe, but I think that takes away from his legacy. As does TD for Elway to a certain degree.

Who's this new Broncos lifelong?! ;)

Lunchbox

Banned
of course stealers fans have to take solace from other teams barely beating us

when your own team has been tom brady's bitch the entire decade you find any excuse you can find while celebrating victories against the mighty Seahawks and Cardinals

Godslay

Banned
Joe didn't exactly have a lot to work with early on his career. Dwight Clark was ok but only had 2 seasons with over 80 catches and the rest of the receiving core at the time didn't get a whole lot because the running backs got a ton of dump offs, and they had no real rushing threat until Tyler/Craig.

Tis' true. He still had a great Oline. Superbowl teams after that first Montana Superbowl win were very good teams, and I think it showed with Young coming and and essentially taking over where Montana left off.

JABEE

Vinatieri had some memorable plays.
He escaped New England on the first chance he got.

bionic77

when your own team has been tom brady's bitch the entire decade you find any excuse you can find while celebrating victories against the mighty Seahawks and Cardinals
We didn't need any help the last time we played. Even our dumbass coaches showed the formula for shutting down Tammy and exposed your defense.

Right, Ben's first game as a rook against Tammy was a win and so was his last. You just can't accept that Tammy's old and busted now and leaves behind a tainted cheating legacy. Plus, Tammy struggles against Joe fucking Flacco.

Brady > Elway > Montana > Manning Pepe > Marino

if you dont agree, youre a fan of a franchise that hasnt been relevant in 2 decades

elway won his rings by himself, montana had a stacked team and then sucked dick when he didnt

i'd say:

montana > young > peypey > elway > marino > giovanni carmazzi > tom brady

montana had a great coaching staff and talent around him. show me a superbowl team that didn't have some talent and good coaching. its also funny that most people just look at montanas last superbowl team and assume all 4 had that kind of talent. no. take a look at the 81 and 84 team. lots of guys you wouldn't recognize. our leading rusher in the 81 season had like 500 yards and had a ypc of under 4.

guys like solomon, clark and others all saw their production increase with montana. nice coincidence. montana was also perfect in superbowls. no one will ever top his superbowl performances. and unlike losers like brady, he didn't have to depend on a FG kicker to win the games. montana typically demolished his opponents in superbowls and when the pressure was on he didn't settle for a FG, he tore the bengals hearts out.

and he did all of this without cheating like tom brady did. there shouldn't even be a discussion of brady vs. montana. montana was perfect, montana never cheated. end of story!

as for elway, yeah its true he didn't have jerry rice or brent jones or some of the other guys. but compare montanas 81 team to elways teams and explain to me why montana was able to do it and elway wasn't. elway had some killer defenses in the 80's but he always choked in the big game. montana never did. end of story!

bionic77

i'd say:

montana > young > peypey > elway > marino > giovanni carmazzi > tom brady

montana had a great coaching staff and talent around him. show me a superbowl team that didn't have some talent and good coaching. its also funny that most people just look at montanas last superbowl team and assume all 4 had that kind of talent. no. take a look at the 81 and 84 team. lots of guys you wouldn't recognize. our leading rusher in the 81 season had like 500 yards and had a ypc of under 4.

guys like solomon, clark and others all saw their production increase with montana. nice coincidence. montana was also perfect in superbowls. no one will ever top his superbowl performances. and unlike losers like brady, he didn't have to depend on a FG kicker to win the games. montana typically demolished his opponents in superbowls and when the pressure was on he didn't settle for a FG, he tore the bengals hearts out.

and he did all of this without cheating like tom brady did. there shouldn't even be a discussion of brady vs. montana. montana was perfect, montana never cheated. end of story!

as for elway, yeah its true he didn't have jerry rice or brent jones or some of the other guys. but compare montanas 81 team to elways teams and explain to me why montana was able to do it and elway wasn't. elway had some killer defenses in the 80's but he always choked in the big game. montana never did. end of story!
I am positive none of these shitstains actually watched Montana play. Hell I saw Joe, Dan and Elway all in their primes and you would be lucky to get any of the three but I would always start a team with Joe. Best qb I have seen in my lifetime.

MechDX

So I see that the prophecy of Tebow is near it's completion. Our beloved has traveled deep into the heart of darkness. Hernandez crumbled under the presence of the light, Gronk has fallen ill to the plague, and Brady is dealing with a famine. It's only appropriate the the Paladin of the Option brings actual legitimacy back to that cursed franchise.

Meanwhile in Denver, the deweys rack up like the pounds on a sconi wife. Besides all the bullshit that has happened this off-season I'm ready for some goddamn football. No excuses this year. It's time to put up or shut up.

Coming back to NFL-Gaf is like feeling the cool side of the pillow. Then you browse through gaming side and realize your whole extended family has come in and shit your bed. So not much has changed. I was going to wait to come back next week when TC started, but whatever close enough.

Peyton-Manning-Fist-Pump-Buick-Commercial.gif

My BROTHER!

Oh and...
gary-kubiak-05253120.jpg

Under rated!

Hey man, I just have been following Welker's career.

Thanks! Missed everyone in here as well. I just needed a nice break before the season started, and I had a lot of things to take care of, moving into a new house, and all the horseshit that comes with that namely.

Did you close yet?

Welcome back, Slay.
I am positive none of these shitstains actually watched Montana play. Hell I saw Joe, Dan and Elway all in their primes and you would be lucky to get any of the three but I would always start a team with Joe. Best qb I have seen in my lifetime.
Joe was before my time for the most part, but it's clear that he's the GOAT. All you have to do is watch some old Niners playoff games. Dude was just in control.

Also, Lunchbox, you shouldn't throw Troy Brown under the bus like that. He was your team MVP in '01! (apart from the camera guy)

Lunchbox

Banned
montana had a great coaching staff and talent around him. show me a superbowl team that didn't have some talent and good coaching.

Brady 2001, 2003, 2004

Receivers -

Troy brown
Deion Branch
Chas Gessner
J. J. Stokes
Jimmy Farris

RB-

Correy dillon

Belichick doesnt need stars like bill walsh did, Belichick Creates stars the patriot way

bionic77

Troy Brown literally beat the Steelers by himself.

Well he does get as assist from Bledsoe but Brady was an afterthought in that crime that occurred in Pittsburgh in the 01 championship game.

Troy Brown literally beat the Steelers by himself.

Well he does get as assist from Bledsoe but Brady was an afterthought in that crime that occurred in Pittsburgh in the 01 championship game.

The lateral was forward! But I digress, I used to chew out Cowher for not winning the big one when really he deserved a medal for dragging Kordell's worthless ass to two championship games.

Godslay

Banned
Welcome back, Slay.

Thanks.

For the record I'm not shitting on Montana, no matter what we say he put on his big boy pants and kicked ass in Superbowls. I wish Elway would have done the same but he didn't. It pains me to say it, but Montana at least in the beginning of his career was better than Elway in finishing the job.

bionic77

The lateral was forward! But I digress, I used to chew out Cowher for not winning the big one when really he deserved a medal for dragging Kordell's worthless ass to two championship games.
You are right but we probably beat the Cowboys with Kordell. Hell even Tommy Gun would have been an upgrade over whatever the fuck Neil was doing.

it's weird how it took an entire season for people to figure out that Kordell could not throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field with any level of accuracy. Fucking Shanahan. :(

Spinluck

Luck is gonna look great in Battle Red when he comes home in a few more years

You shut your mouth blasphemer! Stanford was the last time you'll ever see Luck playing in red!

His life in Texas is also in the past, he cares not for that state and its people anymore.

ChanHuk

Banned
I thought some of you guys were idiots, now its confirmed that you're idiotic degenerates.

PS: A man came into the ER refusing to sit down. with his wife, turns out he and his wife were a little too kinky and left something where it shouldn't be. His wife couldn't stop giggling.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Argh not sure if I want the limited edition SMTIV or just download it from the eshop.

I am seeing the merit in just downloading the games now.

Hunter S.

Glad to have my Broncos intellectual equal back Godslay!!!. We will destroy the non-believers. Broncos are front runners for the Super Bowl. Just talking straight biiiiiittchess!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Glad to have my Broncos intellectual equal back Godslay!!!. We will destroy the non-believers. Broncos are front runners for the Super Bowl. Just talking straight biiiiiittchess!!

I'm confused.

Are you just talking straight? Or is it just talking straight bitches.

I can't really tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom