• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
:jnc

Maybe the fragile IRG3.
Whatever, dude. Tannehill is the best 24 year old, 6'4", 222 lbs, Texas A&M alum QB in the entire league, and quite frankly I don't even think there is anyone else that competes for that title.

I don't think Kaep will replicate his success from last season and I expect Tannehill to improve. Wilson and RGIII are tougher to predict but I could see him in the mix with those two, and I think Luck will have the best season of the group.

Obviously this is a very optimistic prediction though, and there isn't much to base it on other than hardly meaningful offseason stuff and I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Spades

Obviously this is a very optimistic prediction though, and there isn't much to base it on other than hardly meaningful offseason stuff and I WANT TO BELIEVE!

We have a really good team. Hopefully it'll all come together so keep believing, brother!

The only downside is our schedule. We should win 9 and maybe 10/11 if Tannehill does the business and carries the team, but it is brutal.

squicken

Whatever, dude. Tannehill is the best 24 year old, 6'4", 222 lbs, Texas A&M alum QB in the entire league, and quite frankly I don't even think there is anyone else that competes for that title.

I don't think Kaep will replicate his success from last season and I expect Tannehill to improve. Wilson and RGIII are tougher to predict but I could see him in the mix with those two, and I think Luck will have the best season of the group.

It just seems like SF is due to fall back, but I just don't think their offense will ever be bad as long as they have Harbs. A big key is that SEA, SF, and WAS all had extraordinarily healthy offensive lines. RG3 and Wilson lived off play action. The guy who will be the second best will be the one who has the best offensive line health

Draxal

Hey man, quick question for you; which FE DLC should I get? I'm gonna use the $30 eShop credit for it but there is about $50 worth of stuff to buy and I doubt all of it is worth it.

Future past pack, Golden Pack, and the Bonds pack.

Then cherry pick the new skills(limit breaker and paragon are the most important) and new classes maps and pick up Apotheosis (the hardest map in the game).

eznark

Banned

We have a really good team. Hopefully it'll all come together so keep believing, brother!

The only downside is our schedule. We should win 9 and maybe 10/11 if Tannehill does the business and carries the team, but it is brutal.

Worst case scenario phins go 8-8, best case scenario 11-5

Definitely do not read the 2013 Football Outsiders Almanac. Steer clear, guys.

squicken

Today Texans General Manager Rick Smith appeared on NFL AM and said that Schaub has to play better in the biggest games, against the best teams.

“Quarterbacks are judged by championships,” Smith said. “That’s just a function of the position. That’s just the reality. And he understands that. He knows that. And he does have to play better in those situations for us to take our team to the next level.”

Smith wasn’t necessarily knocking Schaub — he also referred to Schaub as “tremendously successful” — but he was making a point about where the Texans are as a franchise right now, and where they’re trying to go. A 12-4 record and a playoff win is good, but it’s not good enough for Smith. And if Schaub can’t help the Texans go beyond that this year, Smith may be looking for a new quarterback next year.

Could be light at the end of the tunnel, a new QB to go along with a past his prime Dre

bionic77

In both scenarios they lose game 1 to the Browns you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I am hoping to split with you guys this year, and looking like shit when we win and lose. I know that will be our lucky charm on the way to be the first 7-9 Superbowl champion.

I know we will be in trouble if we destroy the division and go 12-4 with the 2 seed.

That it is, but that's how it goes sometimes. Plus, you never know who's going to improve or get worse so the schedule might end up being easier (or harder) than we expect. The big question will be whether or not Tannehill improves like he needs to.

It just seems like SF is due to fall back, but I just don't think their offense will ever be bad as long as they have Harbs. A big key is that SEA, SF, and WAS all had extraordinarily healthy offensive lines. RG3 and Wilson lived off play action. The guy who will be the second best will be the one who has the best offensive line health
Yeah, I think that's a very valid point. Miami's o-line is what concerns me more than anything going into this season, but I see it as more of an unknown than a major problem. It could get ugly though, I won't deny that.

Definitely do not read the 2013 Football Outsiders Almanac. Steer clear, guys.
Oh no, I'm trembling at the thought of someone thinking the Dolphins will suck! How could they!?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am hoping to split with you guys this year, and looking like shit when we win and lose. I know that will be our lucky charm on the way to be the first 7-9 Superbowl champion.

I know we will be in trouble if we destroy the division and go 12-4 with the 2 seed.

I refuse this hope.

Instead I counter with Browns and Steelers tied for the division crown going into the last game of the season. In a stunning turn of events Brandon Weeden throws 3TDs and only 1 INT as the Trent Truck rushes for 186yds as the Browns shock the world and beat the Steelers and make it to the playoffs!

Argh not sure if I want the limited edition SMTIV or just download it from the eshop.

I am seeing the merit in just downloading the games now.
What about your consumer rights? You can't lend or trade in eshop games. Don't help Nintendo destroy the industry.

Godslay good to have you back. I hope your house is less of a money pit then mine has been so far.

bionic77

I refuse this hope.

Instead I counter with Browns and Steelers tied for the division crown going into the last game of the season. In a stunning turn of events Brandon Weeden throws 3TDs and only 1 INT as the Trent Truck rushes for 186yds as the Browns shock the world and beat the Steelers and make it to the playoffs!
You guys are so garbage that I would make you you the heavy favorites going into the playoffs. The only thing holding me back is Weedon. The older guys don't usually play well in the winter. I think the cold is bad for their joints. If he can control his arthritis though then no reservations about picking you guys as the champs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What about your consumer rights? You can't lend or trade in eshop games. Don't help Nintendo destroy the industry.

Godslay good to have you back. I hope your house is less of a money pit then mine has been so far.

Easy there crusader. I had no issues with the Xbone. Your fight is not with me sir.

You guys are so garbage that I would make you you the heavy favorites going into the playoffs. The only thing holding me back is Weedon. The older guys don't usually play well in the winter. I think the cold is bad for their joints. If he can control his arthritis though then no reservations about picking you guys as the champs.

Gracias.

eznark

Banned

I won't spoil the whole thing (its only $12.50!) but the pull quote is "holes in the offensive and defensive lines won't be filled by Mike Wallace"

6.1 mean projected wins
13% post season odds

For comparisons sake, their models give the Jets a mean projected 7.5 wins, Patriots 10.4 and Buffalo 6.9

Easy there crusader. I had no issues with the Xbone. Your fight is not with me sir.

Gracias.
No fight at all, just making a joke. Any of you guys that are loving SMTIV play Digital Devil Saga? That was my favorite PS2 game by far. Wondering how this compares to it.

Spades

I won't spoil the whole thing (its only $12.50!) but the pull quote is "holes in the offensive and defensive lines won't be filled by Mike Wallace"

6.1 mean projected wins
13% post season odds

For comparisons sake, their models give the Jets a mean projected 7.5 wins, Patriots 10.4 and Buffalo 6.9

I'd buy it if I could!

Edit: Actually, I don't trust any publication that says the Jets have a chance at more wins. Wow.

6.1 mean projected wins
13% post season odds

Absurdly speculative, as expected, particularly regarding the d-line. Randy Starks and Paul Soliai clogging up the middle with Cam Wake and an improved Jared Odrick (or 3rd overall pick Dion Jordan) playing the outside along with decent depth... where are the holes exactly? The d-line was the best part of the team last season and it has only improved in the offseason.

The o-line is a reasonable concern, but I'm guessing they just assume Martin will completely fail as a LT while the jury is still out on that. Tyson Clabo is the biggest concern I have with the o-line, and Incognito is probably well past his peak also.

Their "models." Get out of here with that garbage, man, this isn't baseball.

eznark

Banned
Absurdly speculative, as expected, particularly regarding the d-line. Randy Starks and Paul Soliai clogging up the middle with Cam Wake and an improved Jared Odrick (or 3rd overall pick Dion Jordan) playing the outside along with decent depth... where are the holes exactly? The d-line was the best part of the team last season and it has only improved in the offseason.

The o-line is a reasonable concern, but I'm guessing they just assume Martin will completely fail as a LT while the jury is still out on that. Tyson Clabo is the biggest concern I have with the o-line, and Incognito is probably well past his peak also.

Their "models." Get out of here with that garbage, man, this isn't baseball.

Probably? lololol

Dallas Thomas winning that job would be the best thing to happen to them.

Striker

Bucs sign Lawrence Tynes

The Buccaneers announced Wednesday that Barth will miss the entire 2013 season after he tore his Achilles tendon at a charity basketball game. The Bucs signed former New York Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes to take his place. Barth will be place on the reserve/non-football injury list.
Greatest moment:
8B06oIh.jpg

squicken

Pro Football Focus has the charting category about how long it takes for sacks to occur. Tanniehill lead the league with the most occurring under 2.5s. Basically the OL just getting cratered and him having no chance. Gonna have a hard time getting Wallace the ball deep with Martin at LT

I said the other night that I think Joe Flacco is a top 3 QB. I was ridiculed, but there are a plethora of reasons why he will be that caliber of QB next season.

To begin, Joe Flacco has hit the tipping point. That point was after the last game of the regular season, when Flacco "tipped," going from a terrible clusterfuck of a QB to all-world level titan of a manbeast QB. Now that this has happened, it will continue. He's the prime age, he's gotten his contract, so he will no doubt be both content AND motivated to validate their faith in him.

In addition, there are statistical factors. Playoff Joe Flacco is the new model of Flacco, which produced 1140 yards, 11 TDs and zero INTs through four games. Using simple math, that means, we can conservatively pencil him in for 4560 yards, 44 TDs and zero INTs. Realistically, with him still being in his prime with increased experience and an improved OL and WR core (7th rounder Aaron Mellete out of Elon will easily replace Boldin), I'd expect him somewhere in the neighborhood 5000 yards 45 TDs, and, factoring in the likelyhood that a WR will make a mistake, 2 INTs.

That's not just top 3, that's MVP. Joe Flacco. MVP.

:bkassy

eznark

Banned
Pro Football Focus has the charting category about how long it takes for sacks to occur. Tanniehill lead the league with the most occurring under 2.5s. Basically the OL just getting cratered and him having no chance. Gonna have a hard time getting Wallace the ball deep with Martin at LT

God I watched some film of him when he filled in for Long last year. Holy fucking balls. With Martin and Incognito on the left side I'd probably just retire to banging that beautiful wife if I were Tannehill.

cdyhybrid

:kas :blarry

Flacco doesn't have the luxury of throwing it within 15 yards of Boldin for a guaranteed catch anymore, he might have to actually try this season.

Nakazato

I said the other night that I think Joe Flacco is a top 3 QB. I was ridiculed, but there are a plethora of reasons why he will be that caliber of QB next season.

To begin, Joe Flacco has hit the tipping point. That point was after the last game of the regular season, when Flacco "tipped," going from a terrible clusterfuck of a QB to all-world level titan of a manbeast QB. Now that this has happened, it will continue. He's the prime age, he's gotten his contract, so he will no doubt be both content AND motivated to validate their faith in him.

In addition, there are statistical factors. Playoff Joe Flacco is the new model of Flacco, which produced 1140 yards, 11 TDs and zero INTs through four games. Using simple math, that means, we can conservatively pencil him in for 4560 yards, 44 TDs and zero INTs. Realistically, with him still being in his prime with increased experience and an improved OL and WR core (7th rounder Aaron Mellete out of Elon will easily replace Boldin), I'd expect him somewhere in the neighborhood 5000 yards 45 TDs, and, factoring in the likelyhood that a WR will make a mistake, 2 INTs.

Sad it took you till we won the superbowl for that.

19-0 Ravens season incoming

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Football needs to start already. Tired of all the overanalysis of last year and bluster over the coming year. Give me some actual play!

God I watched some film of him when he filled in for Long last year. Holy fucking balls. With Martin and Incognito on the left side I'd probably just retire to banging that beautiful wife if I were Tannehill.
I'm choosing to trust Philbin when he says that Martin improved dramatically this offseason compared to his rookie year. Other than that I've said my piece on the situation about a hundred times already. He'll show you, he'll show all of you!

dolphins-500x333.jpg

388801_550263454995063_229575059_n.jpg

Fantomex

I am crossing my fingers so hard that I'll be able to post during the home opener.

I need this!

Trent just got hurt Kave.

Weeden threw a Taint Kave.

Haden dropped it Kave.

Defense gave up 5th Touchdown today Kave.

Haslem goin to jail Kave.

Week 1, playoffs are already impossible Kave.

1368120701_dramatic_cdzsiv.gif

eznark

Banned
I'm choosing to trust Philbin when he says that Martin improved dramatically this offseason compared to his rookie year. Other than that I've said my piece on the situation about a hundred times already. He'll show you, he'll show all of you!

dolphins-500x333.jpg

388801_550263454995063_229575059_n.jpg

The problem is, improving dramatically makes him JaMarcus Webb at best.

brentech

Clearly with Stafford passing for over 5000 yards with 10 touchdowns and 17 picks, Flacco simply can't win the MVP. Stafford has that shit on lock down.

eznark

Banned
Football needs to start already. Tired of all the overanalysis of last year and bluster over the coming year. Give me some actual play!

Packers had one of the highest adjusted games lost numbers in the history of the NFL last year. That's like having a .220 BABIP. That number just has to improve slightly for their results to improve dramatically.

Undefeated season incoming.

bionic77

Sad it took you till we won the superbowl for that.

19-0 Ravens season incoming
:lol you believe that shit?

Larry is just smart and creating his defense for when he murders Flacco 8 games into a historically bad season for the Ravens. He is going to point to these posts and a fake alibi the night Flacco gets murdered in his favorite Pizza Hut where he is trying to get over a horrible loss to the Browns.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Am I going to need to set up an intervention, blarry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom