• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
So, is this "snes" person on twitter or something?
You keep calling me (and every other new poster) him, but I don't know who the hell he is.

tumblr_los254SjtV1qc234to1_r6_500.gif

eznark

Banned
Now release Joique Bell! You don't need him anymore! You got a more expensive and inferior version of him in the off-season.

Do people care more about the license and having their teams accurately represented or the gameplay?

I always want to see crazy AI and physics in these types of games. That is why I currently prefer soccer videogames to football, which just isn't as fun.
Gameplay. Give me a robust team/player/logo creator and they can keep the license.

Cruz says his $43 mil contract is "tough"? God what a douchebag
I read that and shook my head. I know his perspective is that he could have gotten more on the open market but there's a never a point where you consider signing a 43 million dollar contract "tough".

About as dumb as his Zimmerman comment. On that note, one day athletes are going to smarten up stay off of Twitter.

bionic77

I've probably spent at least a couple hundred hours playing FIFA 13 and I swear the more I play it the more it amazes me. All the little detail in the animations and physics is just insane, and even now I'm seeing stuff happen that I've never seen before. Something will happen that looks so real you'll think it almost had to be a pre-canned animation but you will never see it happen again. It's just an incredible engine made by some super talented developers.

Madden needs to step it up!
EA stepped up big with FIFA this gen.

Last gen Pro Evo shat all over FIFA. FIFA previously focused way too much on flash and the license, but the gameplay had so many canned animations and shit physics and it was all designed to just look good. Reminds me of Madden. Somehow Konami fucked up Pro Evo (which arguably plays worse than the PS2 versions) and EA cribbed some of Konamis shit and added their own spin on it.

I would love to see something similar happen to Madden but it only happened with FIFA because of competition. So as much as would love to see it happen, I think it will be a repeat of this gen. Strip away features and focus entirely on graphics and presentation for the first game and then slowly add those features and gimmicks to gameplay back each year.

bionic77

Interesting fact from a fat fuck @ ESPN:

Here's a list of the quarterbacks from the past 25 years who improved their team's record by nine or more wins in a given season: Peyton Manning. Chad Pennington. Ben Roethlisberger. Kurt Warner.
Wha?

My memories of Chad all involve surgery shoulder and the weakest arm I have ever seen. Wonder how good he could have been if he played for a real team and did not get hurt early in his career.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Interesting fact from a fat fuck @ ESPN:

Wha?

My memories of Chad all involve surgery shoulder and the weakest arm I have ever seen. Wonder how good he could have been if he played for a real team and did not get hurt early in his career.

Chad Pennington has the greatest completion percentage for any QB in the history of the NFL.

Truthfully he was the only QB in Jets history who didn't suck. And yeah its a shame he wasted his career with some shitty head coaches and teams and had to deal with all the injuries.

I read that and shook my head. I know his perspective is that he could have gotten more on the open market but there's a never a point where you consider signing a 43 million dollar contract "tough".

About as dumb as his Zimmerman comment. On that note, one day athletes are going to smarten up stay off of Twitter.

I read that and laugh, I have a feeling if $43 isn't enough for him he will be just like TO broke in 2 years after he retires..

Fantomex

EA stepped up big with FIFA this gen.

Last gen Pro Evo shat all over FIFA. FIFA previously focused way too much on flash and the license, but the gameplay had so many canned animations and shit physics and it was all designed to just look good. Reminds me of Madden. Somehow Konami fucked up Pro Evo (which arguably plays worse than the PS2 versions) and EA cribbed some of Konamis shit and added their own spin on it.

I would love to see something similar happen to Madden but it only happened with FIFA because of competition. So as much as would love to see it happen, I think it will be a repeat of this gen. Strip away features and focus entirely on graphics and presentation for the first game and then slowly add those features and gimmicks to gameplay back each year.

Neo Geo was king in the 80s doe.

1181242177104.png

And dont forget to play WrestleFest on the same machine brother!

gfs_28916_1_7.jpg

RBH

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-sports-and-college-football

Statement from EA:

By now, most fans will have heard that EA's licensing agreement with the NCAA is set to expire and that we have agreed to part ways. I'm sure gamers are wondering what this means.

This is simple: EA SPORTS will continue to develop and publish college football games, but we will no longer include the NCAA names and marks. Our relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company is strong and we are already working on a new game for next generation consoles which will launch next year and feature the college teams, leagues and all the innovation fans expect from EA SPORTS.

We took big creative strides with this year's college game and you’ll see much more in the future. We love college football and look forward to making more games for our fans.

bionic77

Neo Geo was king in the 80s doe.

1181242177104.png

And dont forget to play WrestleFest on the same machine brother!

gfs_28916_1_7.jpg
Wasn't Neo in the 90s?

And you had to be rich as fuck to have it. It was like 800 I think back in the day for the system.

My parents told me to shut the fuck up when I asked for one (they had already gotten me a TG16, SNES and Genny).

Spades

I've never played one either. Although I honestly believe that part of that was peoples love of the dreamcast.

I always had Quarterback club before getting madden.

I thought the football games on Dreamcast worth playing were the SEGA Sports ones?

QB Club was immense. I loved the fact they had the QB Challenge mode.

qbclubchallenge1.jpg

Fantomex

Wasn't Neo in the 90s?

And you had to be rich as fuck to have it. It was like 800 I think back in the day for the system.

My parents told me to shut the fuck up when I asked for one (they had already gotten me a TG16, SNES and Genny).

89-90
I just played the coin op inside the doughnut shop by my house. That and Street Fighter.

Talon

I don't know why people ignore that 2K had a hilariously broken running game.

I distinctly recall breaking 9 tackles on a single play with Duce Staley on a 30 yard run into the end zone.

Then there's that great Marc Bulger long TD run.

MechDX

I distinctly recall breaking 9 tackles on a single play with Duce Staley on a 30 yard run into the end zone.

SHIT! I had Don Beebe rush for over 500 yds in one game of Tecmo Bowl

eznark

Banned

The 2Ks were also completely broken on jump balls. It was a shitty series that people remember fondly only because it had limited online play which meant way less cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom