• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There was also the fact that 2K was going for $20 brand new at release on day 1, while Madden was going for $49.99. That generated a ton of goodwill.

I remember playing the first NFL 2K on my friend's DC at my house. My dad came down the stairs and asked who was playing and it just about blew our young fragile minds that he would mistake the game for the real thing. The graphics were awesome at the time but to be fair my dad does have pretty bad eyesight.

But yeah, the NFL2K series is super overrated and always has been.

brentech

I remember playing the first NFL 2K on my friend's DC at my house. My dad came down the stairs and asked who was playing and it just about blew our young fragile minds that he would mistake the game for the real thing. The graphics were awesome at the time but to be fair my dad does have pretty bad eyesight.

my wife does that shut constantly. Mostly if I'm playing FIFA.

Spinluck

Naw, for the price it wasn't overrated.

Madden has had its highs and lows, but goddamn do the NBA 2K, and recent FIFA games make it look like a fucking joke.

brentech

It's hard to go back to old football games after last years phyics based madden. As laughable as it was at times....it still added a lot

Talon

Madden 2005 has been my favorite football game by far. That was the apex of the PS2 era, before bullshit like the vision cone was jammed into the game.

The only way I could get Mike Vick to complete a 16 game season.

Spinluck

Madden 2005 has been my favorite football game by far. That was the apex of the PS2 era, before bullshit like the vision cone was jammed into the game.

I just remembered the QB vision cone lol.

IF YOU WEREN'T MANNING OR BRADY, THEN YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO SEE ONLY HALF OR 1/3 OF THE FIELD.

he probably lives in wisconsin or some swamp in the south where they dont have tvs in every house let alone HD broadcasts

Man, GAF is so harsh towards poors. Have some sympathy guys.

I loved '06, just played with the vision cone off. Honestly the football game I've played the most in my life was Madden '99 on PC.

1026279-gb.png

A true classic.

jakncoke

Banned
Go Steelers

I loved '06, just played with the vision cone off. Honestly the football game I've played the most in my life was Madden '99 on PC.

1026279-gb.png

A true classic.

I remember loving Gamday 98 more than Madden, But once Madden got franchise mode is was all over. I remember Gameday tried to copy but it was piss in comparison

Godslay

Banned
I just remembered the QB vision cone lol.

IF YOU WEREN'T MANNING OR BRADY, THEN YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO SEE ONLY HALF OR 1/3 OF THE FIELD.

One QB is supremely talented, while the other had to rely on camera technology. Madden did a damn fine job of simulating reality on that one.

bionic77

Remember how Madden was 2D at the start of the PS era and it was so bad people considered games call Gameday and Quarterback Club as reasonable alternatives?

jakncoke

Banned
Remember how Madden was 2D at the start of the PS era and it was so bad people considered games call Gameday and Quarterback Club as reasonable alternatives?

Gameday 98 was legit fun. I remember my dad got a ps1 and first 2 games were Gameday 98 and Nascar 98 lols

Talon

There must have been at least 6 different football games every year in the early PS1 Era. You had 989, Acclaim, EA making NFL and College games. I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.

The first 3D Gameday on PSX was awesome at the time, same with NBA Shootout (had ugly ass Sam Cassell on the cover IIRC). Put Madden and Live to shame.

QB Club 64 was amazing for the graphics, first hires game of that gen I believe, but the gameplay didnt hold up.

jakncoke

Banned
The first 3D Gameday on PSX was awesome at the time, same with NBA Shootout (had ugly ass Sam Cassell on the cover IIRC). Put Madden and Live to shame.

QB Club 64 was amazing for the graphics, first hires game of that gen I believe, but the gameplay didnt hold up.

I bought this one for the cheap at some used game store haha

DS_C03735_612%20(134).JPG

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I bought this one for the cheap at some used game store haha

DS_C03735_612%20(134).JPG

I rented this once.

Every shot hit the backboard. EVERY SHOT.

It was like every player was Tim Duncan.

Striker

There was also the fact that 2K was going for $20 brand new at release on day 1, while Madden was going for $49.99. That generated a ton of goodwill.
I bought both NFL 2K5 and Madden 2005 that year, and few weeks after 2K came out, sold it back. Didn't like it much at all. Played Madden offline for about two years. Didn't care for APF either, though I just tried its demo. More competitors facing EA is always better, though, and kinda wish it was still around.

KaYotiX

Banned
2K5 was great at the time.....all these ppl saying its still the best are delusional. Only reason it sold more was that huge cut in price.

Look how bad All Pro Football 2K was.....yeah I wish there was competition again but a shitty competitor only makes EA look even better

And Super Tecmo Bowl 3 :Final Edition was the best version on SNES :p

manfestival

We may have lost barth but he was only good for point after kicks anyways. After all, we are gonna muscle hamster and throw long bombs all over everyones faces.

bionic77

That's exactly how I remember it.

How many years did it take for EA to put a 3D Madden on the PSX? I feel like it was 3. I also seem to remember a lot of people preferring the OG 2D version over the 3D games that followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom