• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the ESPY goes to ... Colin Kaepernick.

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback won an ESPY award for the Best Breakthrough Athlete on Wednesday, July 17.

Last season, Kaepernick took over at quarterback for the 49ers after starter Alex Smith suffered a concussion mid-season. Kaepernick would then help the 49ers reach Super Bowl XLVII, where they fell one win short of the team's sixth Super Bowl championship.

Kaepernick played brilliantly during the postseason and has become one of the league's most exciting players. His biggest competition for the Best Breakthrough Athlete award was Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the division rival Seattle Seahawks.

Voting for the award closed earlier today. Besides Kaepernick and Wilson, the candidates were Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, and Angels outfielder Mike Trout.

In 2012, the NFC Division Playoff game between the 49ers and the New Orleans Saints won the ESPY for Game of the Year.

tumblr_mgmzskpfaH1s2mllqo1_1280.jpg

what a man. while losers like stafford are SAYING all the right things and never doing them, kap doesn't talk much he just performs. looks like the bad boy of the NFL is here to stay ladies!

Talon

Man, I forgot he was picked 12th overall.

What the fuck? Why?

In the battle of which quarterback is harder to look at - RG3 and Colin Kaepernick are neck and neck. I think Colin's muppet nose puts him ahead by a few inches.

Godslay

Banned
Man, I forgot he was picked 12th overall.

What the fuck? Why?

In the battle of which quarterback is harder to look at - RG3 and Colin Kaepernick are neck and neck. I think Colin's muppet nose puts him ahead by a few inches.

He is somewhat of a complete back. He can block, catch, and has improved his patience and running ability in general. He's had a good attitude after being put in the dog house by Fox, and came in and stepped up last year in the remaining 6 games iirc. Problem is inconsistency and injuries. Still not worth a 1st.

McD probably saw that picture you posted and thought he was a higher character guy he could pair with Tebow in the future. Those two were meant to be the core of the Wild Horses offense.

Talon

Why is he supposed to fall apart? Because he enjoys to party or something?
I just hate Johnny Hangover. He's a college star without the arm strength or consistency passing the ball to be considered a top NFL prospect, but he'll be jammed down our throats until he tumbles down the board.

1. He's short.
2. He's a drunk.
3. He's short.
4. He throws a really hideously ugly football.
5. He's short.
6. He throws unbalanced constantly.
7. He's short.
8. He's short.
9. Aggies.

Only fmt would care about an espy.

what else is there to care about right now? fucking baseball? lololollllllllllllll

sorry brotha this is the dog days of summer and there aint shit to care about on the sports front. thank god the NFL is on its way to save us from this yearly black hole

Smt4 is sickkk

agreed. 3DS is now quite easily the best "console" on the market. it has been on an incredible roll the past 2 years.

on the smtiv front.... god it is hard. i've played various other games in the series but the only mainline game i've played was nocturne and i dont remember it being this hard. i'll adapt!

Talon

Ignoring Lunchbox (as usual), does anyone actually give a shit about Killzone? Other than the Sony zealots over in the gaming side?

bionic77

agreed. 3DS is now quite easily the best "console" on the market. it has been on an incredible roll the past 2 years.

on the smtiv front.... god it is hard. i've played various other games in the series but the only mainline game i've played was nocturne and i dont remember it being this hard. i'll adapt!
Agreed on 3DS. Really nothing compares right now. I only question whether they can keep this up.

Spinluck

Ignoring Lunchbox (as usual), does anyone actually give a shit about Killzone? Other than the Sony zealots over in the gaming side?

I remember Killzone 2 actually being cool because of the AI, it was in my early days of getting back into FPS's. Which was like 2yrs ago lol.

Besides that, mainly console graphic whores like it. Mostly bullshots of it is posted in every PS3 vs. 360 graphics thread.

I just re-watched Rear Window, still so good.

TheFatOne

Kill zone 2 mp was solid but it did have some issues. Loved playing k2 with other gaffers even with the issues. Killzone 3 was definitely a let down. I believe the director of killzone 2 is working on this one. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Angry Birds? Get that shit out of here. Pick good iOS games like Ridiculous Fishing to put on your list.
Super Hexagon is still the king of iOS games for me!

I came super close to dying multiple times during the tutorial quests... The game is no joke.

Hunter S.

Peyton Manning drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A85YJJuO1YQ

Hard to disagree. The guy is inconsistent and has never been healthy. He did have a good string of games last year before getting hurt again in the Baltimore playoff game.

Damn, Peyton drunk, it brings A tear to my eye. :) Knowshawn is still better than Hillman in my book. Just too small.

They'are fun. I put more hours into both of them this Gen than Halo 4 by far. Halo 4 blows.

Very hard version of Persona, I've died like 5 times just in the tutorial dungeon.

Hard as in not fun hard, or hard like Dark Souls?

Also, never played Persona, so what's it like.

In the end, I'll probably get it when I'm done with Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, based on everyone here's ravings.

Killzone 2 is my least favorite game of this gen.

The controls are dreadful, the checkpoint system is less than gracious, and they never tell you proper where to go.

Dragon

Banned
Very hard version of Persona, I've died like 5 times just in the tutorial dungeon.

Yeah I had enough of that when I tried to play Nocturne. And even Digital Devil Saga gave me damn headaches.

Killzone 2 is my least favorite game of this gen.

The controls are dreadful, the checkpoint system is less than gracious, and they never tell you proper where to go.

Grand Theft Auto fan number one is talking about a terrible checkpoint system. smh

I don't care about Killzone, Infamous on the other hand is my jam, even with that McDouche as the new main character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom