• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyBoy

Sounds like BS. The way his knee bent looked like he tore a bunch of shit. And I am sure three was internal damage inside as well (there always is in traumatic knee injuries). I am always skeptical of what families say.

Still hope he comes back and adapts his game to prolong his career. Needs to stay away from the Ravens!

And like I said, I'm not parading this around as being true. Just saw another strain of conversation elsewhere that I haven't seen here yet.

But, I do agree with your reluctance to believe family. His father seems to be a straight shooter though, so it's a wash for me.

If the kid can just not fight for a meaningless extra two yards, he'll be decent.

Greg

Not too bad, but I'll be doing better once I get some coffee in me!
I missed like 8 pages of NFL-GAF by the time I got home, but TBDM was so awesome. They nailed the opener of the new CD and I was really impressed. It was a weird set with 3 from Everblack, 1 from Ritual, nothing from Deflorate, 1 from Nocturnal, and 3 from Miasma, but it was good.

Have a job interview in 50 minutes.
good luck!

MechDX

BPbKEezCEAEWMEH.jpg

Swag.

I missed like 8 pages of NFL-GAF by the time I got home, but TBDM was so awesome. They nailed the opener of the new CD and I was really impressed. It was a weird set with 3 from Everblack, 1 from Ritual, nothing from Deflorate, 1 from Nocturnal, and 3 from Miasma, but it was good.
That sounds pretty nice, but 1 from Ritual and Nocturnal and none from Deflorate or Unhallowed (although I guess that is probably to be expected)? That's pretty disappointing. I'm sure it was still amazing, though! Glad you enjoyed it.

Now I really want to go on a TBDM discography marathon... Speaking of which, WHY are they not on Spotify? It has to be freaking Metal Blade, right? I don't have any of my iTunes music on my phone (pretty much only use Spotify these days) so going back to older stuff is a major pain.

MechDX

BPdjd72CcAAnapt.png

Not Gary Kubiak ‏@NotGaryKubiak 9m
@StephStradley @MSchaub8 I see this #Schaubnado in my dreams nightly. It may not move quickly but it destroys with sneaky efficiency.
Expand

Bwahahahahaha!

Greg

That sounds pretty nice, but 1 from Ritual and Nocturnal and none from Deflorate or Unhallowed (although I guess that is probably to be expected)? That's pretty disappointing. I'm sure it was still amazing, though! Glad you enjoyed it.

Now I really want to go on a TBDM discography marathon... Speaking of which, WHY are they not on Spotify? It has to be freaking Metal Blade, right? I don't have any of my iTunes music on my phone (pretty much only use Spotify these days) so going back to older stuff is a major pain.
Outside of the 3 from Everblack, I'm guessing they tried to cater their set a bit to the potential new fans with some less technical/more catchy stuff considering it's Warped Tour and 90% of the people there think a breakdown is the best part of every song.

And yeah, it must be a label thing with Spotify.

Outside of the 3 from Everblack, I'm guessing they tried to cater their set a bit to the potential new fans with some less technical/more catchy stuff considering it's Warped Tour and 90% of the people there think a breakdown is the best part of every song.

And yeah, it must be a label thing with Spotify.
And now I'm sad.

Earthbound just went up on Wii U VC with zero marketing from Nintendo. What the fuck is wrong with them?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/82s5n1dbV4gstayVNhVYtOneSXTIXACS
This and the recent Smash debacle at EVO are just further proof of how out of touch they are with their fanbase (particularly in the West). But, Nintendo doing crazy unexpected stuff isn't exactly anything new.

eznark

Banned
Why would they need to market Earthbound? The people who want it will know the instant it goes up. The people who don't (99.9% of the world) will ignore it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would they need to market Earthbound? The people who want it will know the instant it goes up. The people who don't (99.9% of the world) will ignore it.

Because there are a lot (well not that many) of kids who own a Wii U and have never heard of Earthbound before.

Not really that hard to do things like establish a release date a few weeks in advance, send review codes out, build it up on twitter, you know the usual things most companies do.

eznark

Banned
It's a 20 year old video game selling for $10 on a console no one owns. There is no rush. Nintendo can let the nerds do the marketing for them.

Has Nintendo or Sony ever sent out review codes for virtual console type games?

It's a 20 year old video game selling for $10 on a console no one owns. There is no rush. Nintendo can let the nerds do the marketing for them.

It's like you read my thoughts and typed them out letter for letter.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Pretty much.

@ESPNMag 53m

Tiki Barber says Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning. Papa John is outraged, immediately fires Tiki from his pizza delivery job.

Dragon

Banned

I hate when I can't disagree with you. Makes me physically ill.

eznark

Banned
I hate when I can't disagree with you. Makes me physically ill.

I hate when I can't find a way to be fake outraged. This is two in a row now. I can't figure out how to be pretend mad about this or the Forza thing. Makes for a boring week.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hate when I can't find a way to be fake outraged. This is two in a row now. I can't figure out how to be pretend mad about this or the Forza thing. Makes for a boring week.

You aren't a true gamer unless you are outraged about something miniscule like that.

Because there are a lot (well not that many) of kids who own a Wii U and have never heard of Earthbound before.

Not really that hard to do things like establish a release date a few weeks in advance, send review codes out, build it up on twitter, you know the usual things most companies do.

And those kids will be disappointed after hearing years and years worth of hype and then actually playing it. The gameplay is boring as fuck.

No outrage here, I just thought it might be smart for them to at least try and create some positive buzz around the game before releasing it. You can say it's just a 20 year old game and dismiss it like that but if it was a big enough deal to announce in a Nintendo Direct then why not do a little marketing before releasing it (or at least announce a release date a few weeks in advance)? The Wii U has nothing going on right now, might as well market what little you've got. It's not that big of a deal either way though, I get what you're saying.

Also, what's the Forza thing?

eznark

Banned
Marketing costs resources.

This is rad: @NintendoAmerica: The original Player’s Guide that came with #Earthbound will be available online and via the Wii U GamePad.

To be clear, I'm buying the fuck out of it when I get home. I just don't see the need for them to have done any sort of advance marketing push for a 20 year old game. It doesn't matter when people buy it, there isn't the same pressure as there is on a new release to sell in the first 10 days.

Marketing costs resources.

This is rad: @NintendoAmerica: The original Player’s Guide that came with #Earthbound will be available online and via the Wii U GamePad.
That is awesome.

eznark said:
To be clear, I'm buying the fuck out of it when I get home. I just don't see the need for them to have done any sort of advance marketing push for a 20 year old game. It doesn't matter when people buy it, there isn't the same pressure as there is on a new release to sell in the first 10 days.
Apparently they at least announced the release in this Nintendo Direct that just got stealth-dropped. Good enough, I suppose.

bionic77

And like I said, I'm not parading this around as being true. Just saw another strain of conversation elsewhere that I haven't seen here yet.

But, I do agree with your reluctance to believe family. His father seems to be a straight shooter though, so it's a wash for me.

If the kid can just not fight for a meaningless extra two yards, he'll be decent.
Eh you don't want him playing scared. You don't have time to think when you are running for your life and I want that instinct in a player to go for more yards, to try and make a guy miss, and try to score. Football is not a game you can be good at if you are that sensible.

Plus a big part of his game is running. Instead of teaching him to be a pussy I would rather him still go all out and have the coach protect him as much as possible. Unfortunately your coach is Shanahan, who is going to ride him until he dies on the field.

Apparently Rodney Mcleod is listed as starting at safety for the Ramsies. Not good. Maybe Fisher just likes starting with the veterans in starting spots and making the rookies earn it through camp

I do enjoy a nice cup of Earl Grey from time to time. It's been far too long since I've had one, actually.

Hope it goes well, buddy. I guess that explains why you were drunk last night.

Good luck mate.

Good morning my fellow degenerates.

Dutch make sure to take off your pants

Good luck bro.

Pats suck.

Igood luck!

Thanks guys. Fucking nailed it, can start next month.

SonnyBoy

Instead of teaching him to be a pussy I would rather him still go all out and have the coach protect him as much as possible. Unfortunately your coach is Shanahan, who is going to ride him until he dies on the field.

Yeah, this is where we begin disagree.

On another note, it appears as if RGIII is currently being evaluated by Dr. Andrews to receive clearance.

Oh and I found a link to what I was speaking about earlier.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/rg2-says-rg3s-acl-wasnt-completely-torn-fixed-anyway/

“Robert’s ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession,” Griffin II said in a text message to Jim Corbett of USA Today. “You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace.”

The LCL (one of the lesser known CLs) was torn, and both were reconstructed by Andrews.

Griffin’s father said there was no evidence of the ACL tear on the initial MRIs, which might explain some of the early ambiguity about his condition.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm on my break at work right now, and after beating the spectacular Last of Us last night I need a nice, cheap PS3 game and I'm getting it after work. I already own Dark Souls (40 hours played burned out, so no Demon Souls) and MGS4.

My brother is reccomending Yakuza 4, which sounds OK, hell even Playstation All Stars sounds good.

I'm working with a $5-$25 budget since I just bought Civ V Brave New World two nights ago.

Godslay

Banned
Thanks guys. Fucking nailed it, can start next month.

Nice work! Congrats. Few things feel better than nailing an interview. Truly empowering.

Bucky Brooks NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ng-denver-broncos-offense-will-be-unstoppable

Dang, this media hype is killing me man. I also think I need a Welker avy for the Euros and all.

Don't let it get to your head. It is SB or bust, but these guys still have a long 7 months ahead of them, and luck accounts for just as much as skill does. Plus off-season paper champs doesn't mean jack. Let's see the product on the field before we buy into the hype.

eznark

Banned
I'm on my break at work right now, and after beating the spectacular Last of Us last night I need a nice, cheap PS3 game and I'm getting it after work. I already own Dark Souls (40 hours played burned out, so no Demon Souls) and MGS4.

My brother is reccomending Yakuza 4, which sounds OK, hell even Playstation All Stars sounds good.

I'm working with a $5-$25 budget since I just bought Civ V Brave New World two nights ago.

Buy playstation+, get tons of free games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

PS+ is what you want, Saints Row 3, Xcom and Jet Set Radio are freebies right now along with some other stuff.

MechDX

Don't let it get to your head. It is SB or bust, but these guys still have a long 7 months ahead of them, and luck accounts for just as much as skill does. Plus off-season paper champs doesn't mean jack. Let's see the product on the field before we buy into the hype.

I for one welcome the new AFC overlords, the Denver Broncos.

Tom Penny

Bucky Brooks NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ng-denver-broncos-offense-will-be-unstoppable

Dang, this media hype is killing me man. I also think I need a Welker avy for the Euros and all.

Tiki Barber isn't impressed..

"The expectation was that he was never going to be Peyton. I remember having these conversations with people who watched Eli in college, saying, 'He's good, but he's never going to be Peyton, he's not Peyton.' Guess what? I think he's better than Peyton.

"Because of clutch. What matters in sports? It's winning and losing. You get to the stage and what do you do? Eli's gotten there, and he's won," Barber said.

bionic77

If I was starting a new job I would take 6 weeks off and fuck awesome vacation followed by an epic staycation.

Doesn't seem like that is happening any time soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom