• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
What kind of game is SMT? I've never heard of the series until this thread.

It's the "one more turn" game. It does that to people. And then one day, dudes forget what the sun looks like.

Definitely this. So many successive short term goals you just HAVE to get.

squicken

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...ngs-tired-old-arm-shriveled-up-january/23412/

On what Moreno meant for Denver vs Baltimore

The actual turning point for Manning in this game was when running back Knowshon Moreno went down with injury in the third quarter.

This never gets talked about because Moreno is not a great player, but he did have his best game of the season in Baltimore (21 carries for 115 yards). In this game he caught a touchdown, but only had 10 carries for 32 yards. The running game had 18 carries for 62 yards (3.44 YPC) in the first half and fell to 22 carries for 64 yards (2.91 YPC) in the second half.

Manning was never going to win this game on the legs of Moreno, but it’s what happened without his presence in the backfield that turned things sour for the Denver offense.

Manning was not pressured once by the Ravens until that drive in the third quarter when Moreno went down. Rookie Ronnie Hillman played most of the game afterwards. It only took two drop backs after the Moreno injury for the Ravens to register their first pressure of the game. Terrell Suggs sacked Manning on his 24th drop back of the game.

Manning was not throwing deep in the second half because he could not trust his protection. The Ravens came away with six pressures, three sacks and a forced fumble in a span of 10 drop backs for Manning in the third and fourth quarters. Of course he would start looking to get rid of the ball as fast as possible.

morenol0orq.jpg

Fantomex

I go in at 7am tomorrow so I dunno. But you can assume its full. You degenerates like to take off your condoms and birth control in the fall and give birth in the following summer.

Is your parasite ready to show face?

Not yet. I might forego you peasants and just go to CHOC. You lowlife degenerates better treat me with the utmost respect!

Hunter S.

Damn, well this proves what i thought all along that Hillman could never save the game. Clearly the Ravins thought Moreno as a threat after the regular season game were he shined. The question of this season is not about the former mentioned rather if Montee Ball will shine. Otherwise we are probably looking at the Broncos sharing the ball between two backs without injury. The real hope is that Montee Ball will be as good as my dad says he was in college.

ChanHuk

Banned
Denver's front 5 was pretty overrated. Weak group if you ask me.

It always was overrated, Peyton has a quick release and Tebow was always Tebow.........

Not yet. I might forego you peasants and just go to CHOC. You lowlife degenerates better treat me with the utmost respect!

I'd go to CHOC, my former lesbo partner works in the ER. Just to let you know, the only parts of CHOC that was renovated was teh ER. Everything else is in the process.

EDIT: LOL LOUIS VASQUEZ?! He is a shadow of a shadow of his former self, he is horrible nowadays. Common you watched Chargers/Broncos games, he sucks.

Fantomex

It always was overrated, Peyton has a quick release and Tebow was always Tebow.........

I'd go to CHOC, my former lesbo partner works in the ER. Just to let you know, the only parts of CHOC that was renovated was teh ER. Everything else is in the process.

EDIT: LOL LOUIS VASQUEZ?! He is a shadow of a shadow of his former self, he is horrible nowadays. Common you watched Chargers/Broncos games, he sucks.

hmmm

I'm eating grocery store sushi. It's pretty bleh, so expectations met. Any recommendations for shoes for someone on their feet all shift? Someone recommended cross trainers?

LJ11

Ryan Clady is a three time pro bowler and they just added Louis Vasquelz the best of the Chargers. Who you got son?

Clady's a good player, not sure why you mentioned pro bowls though. Velasquez wasn't on the squad, wasn't commenting on the projected line for 13, they haven't played a down yet.

Find it interesting that you didn't bring up Franklin. Textbook example of what a system and QB can do for a player. Garbage pass blocker with Tebow, but good run blocker. Opposite with Manning, couldn't run block but did well protecting. Truth is somewhere in the middle.

Hunter S.

Clady's a good player, not sure why you mentioned pro bowls though. Velasquez wasn't on the squad, wasn't commenting on the projected line for 13, they haven't played a down yet.

Find it interesting that you didn't bring up Franklin. Textbook example of what a system and QB can do for a player. Garbage pass blocker with Tebow, but good run blocker. Opposite with Manning, couldn't run block but did well protecting. Truth is somewhere in the middle.

I am talking about the past and future so that iswhy I call up Vasquez. As that is what we all are waiting for. I cannot say with Franklyn, clearly he shows an abilty to adjust to the style of a QB. That is great. You still failed to mention your team.

LJ11

I am talking about the past and future so that iswhy I call up Vasquez. As that is what we all are waiting for. I cannot say with Franklyn, clearly he shows an abilty to adjust to the style of a QB. That is great. You still failed to mention your team.

Why does my team matter? Answer is staring you in the face. It couldn't be more obvious.

squicken

Why does my team matter? Answer is staring you in the face. It couldn't be more obvious.

Welcome. I do think Denver's OL is a bit better than you give them credit for. What Moreno did was help in blitz pick up and chipping the OLBs and DEs on release. Hillman was totally lost in pass pro. It's always the biggest worry with young and or small RBs. They can be total liabilities on passing downs

SonnyBoy

I saw something the other day where a local DC reporter stated the following... He received word from RGIII's father that the ACL wasn't torn. He tore the LCL and then the ACL was "de-stabilized" but again, not torn. The graft was used for the LCL and the ACL had maintenance done to improve upon the previous surgery.

IF this is true (I don't really care either way), it would explain how he's been on such a speedy recovery.

LJ11

I saw something the other day where a local DC reporter stated the following... He received word from RGIII's father that the ACL wasn't torn. He tore the LCL and then the ACL was "de-stabilized" but again, not torn. The graft was used for the LCL and the ACL had maintenance done to improve upon the previous surgery.

IF this is true (I don't really care either way), it would explain how he's been on such a speedy recovery.

That and his GH use.

bionic77

Sounds like BS. The way his knee bent looked like he tore a bunch of shit. And I am sure three was internal damage inside as well (there always is in traumatic knee injuries). I am always skeptical of what families say.

Still hope he comes back and adapts his game to prolong his career. Needs to stay away from the Ravens!

Godslay

Banned
Denver's front 5 was pretty overrated. Weak group if you ask me.

They have their weaknesses together just like any other line. Namely, run blocking. In pass protection they did an excellent job. Clady is a force of nature at left tackle, he's one of the best. I'd like to see you argue otherwise. Zane Beadles had a pro-bowl season last year, and was excellent. He has really come into his own.

At center there were issues, given the fact that the starting center JD Walton (who Peyton prefers apparently) was replaced by Dan Koppen (who did a fine job in pass protection, poor run blocking skills). He's back again because Walton had corrective surgery so this will still be a weak spot, unless Phillip Blake steps his game up and takes his rightful spot.

Chris Kuper was replaced by Manny Ramirez, which everyone saw was the main weakness in their line. Don't let us forget that Kuper was a Pro Bowler in 2012, and is a damn fine guard. Horrific injuries have gotten a hold of him though, hence the Vasquez move. Vasquez was an excellent pickup and one of the best guards on the market. He will make a fine addition to the right side.

Lastly we have O. Franklin. Dude sucks right? Wrong. Him and Vasquez combined are going to be road graders. 600+ pounds of pure man waiting to blow your ass up. Add into that Franklin was 3rd in fewest sacks allowed in 2012 only behind... Ryan Clady and Max Starks. Plus he's been very healthy, starting all games in both of his seasons. He's a solid RT. He will continue to improve.

Some will say that it's Manning's quick release. That is true to a degree, but looking back there were times where Peyton had all fucking day to throw the ball. That's not an accident.

Maybe the line is overrated, but they did their jobs last year, and have improved both in terms of identifying and fixing the weak links, as well as adding some depth. I will give you that they need to improve in the run game, but hopefully Vasquez and Franklin combining forces (and if Koppen gets his shit together), they will have a solid run game.

Welcome. I do think Denver's OL is a bit better than you give them credit for. What Moreno did was help in blitz pick up and chipping the OLBs and DEs on release. Hillman was totally lost in pass pro. It's always the biggest worry with young and or small RBs. They can be total liabilities on passing downs

Moreno was great in pass protection. McGahee was as well. It will be interesting to see if Hillman finally gets it or if Ball will step up and know what to do. If not I think we could see Moreno getting some reps with starting squad until one of those guys are up to snuff. Nice to see you again btw.

I'm off to work! Have a great day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom