• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Texans also suck.

The only good gata is a deep fried gata.

croc.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Whoa training camp has officially started for the Saints, Bucs and Browns!

The off season is officially over!!

original.gif

Ffffuuuuck yeahhhh.

also We're driving through Knoxville,TN. Still the worst drivers. Risking our lives in this crazy traffic.
fucking Tennessee drivers.

Colasante

Patriots cut WR Donald Jones. No loss. Means Mike Jenkins will probably make the roster and should give more reps to rookies Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Kenbrell Thompkins, and Mark Harrison in training camp.

In other news, per Josina Anderson, the Bucs traded CB Eric Wright to the 49ers for a conditional late round pick in 2014. What the hell? He was pretty good two years. I'm surprised they couldn't find a suitor willing to offer more for him.

Niners/Bucs update:

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson 10m

Breaking: Tampa trades CB Eric Wright to the 49ers for a conditional late-round pick.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @TBBuccaneers 6m

Breaking News: The Bucs have traded CB Eric Wright to San Francisco for a conditional 2014 draft pick.

EDIT: Didn't see Colasante posted it. Nevertheless, there's the Bucs confirmation.

Carlos Rogers apparently has an 8.1 million dollar cap figure associated for the 2014 season. Pretty much spells the end of his tenure in San Francisco.

Wright's Salary with the Bucs was 1.5 million with the possibility to increase to 3 million. The Niners had 5.4 million in cap room before the deal.

cdyhybrid

You're really going to play that card?

Come the fuck on. :lol

Take your loss like a man.

I did and am.

I don't see what the problem is. You don't seriously believe the team doing absolutely nothing for 3 quarters was solely because of the Falcons, do you?

squicken

Isn't that the guy who deals drugs from children's playgrounds?

Also

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-fits-the-scheme-we-play?campaign=Twitter_atl

"Brandon's got lot of strengths. He fits the scheme we're going to play," Banner said. "Frankly, we rely a lot on Chudz and Norv for their evaluation of what they're looking for, and I believe there's a reasonable chance that this guy has what it takes to do it.

"Giving him the opportunity and I think everybody is excited, people have written and talked about, he's come back here, he's worked hard, he's got a great work ethic about things and he's doing everything he can to be the best he can be."

Reasonable Chance!

Bread

Banned
Poor Seahawks and Falcons fans, fighting over the rights to 2nd place in their conference. I hope they someday can be the best team in the league (sadly it won't be anytime soon, as Tom Brady isn't retiring for another 7 or 8 years).

RBH

I did and am.

I don't see what the problem is. You don't seriously believe the team doing absolutely nothing for 3 quarters was solely because of the Falcons, do you?

It was mainly because of the Falcons, yes.

All I see is a sore loser unwilling to accept that his team was not the better team.

But hey, whatever makes you feel better about the game and helps you wipe those tears away!

person-patting-dog.jpg

cdyhybrid

Poor Seahawks and Falcons fans, fighting over the rights to 2nd place in their conference. I hope they someday can be the best team in the league (sadly it won't be anytime soon, as Tom Brady isn't retiring for another 7 or 8 years).

Good thing even third place in the NFC is good enough to beat whatever group of bums gets sent to the Super Bowl from the AFC!

It was mainly because of the Falcons, yes.

All I see is a sore loser unwilling to accept that his team was not the better team.

But hey, whatever makes you feel better about the game and helps you wipe those tears away!

person-patting-dog.jpg

I felt great about that game. We played for exactly one quarter, on the road, in the playoffs, against the #1 seed and still only lost on a last second field goal after a free practice kick. The future is bright! Sure, it was disappointing, but I'm not sweating it. Our window is just now cracking open. It basically comes down to beating the 49ers and the Packers in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom