• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyBoy

Pierre Garcon signed for $10m/yr last offseason. Dude done already broken out. Just needs to stay healthy

Valid point. But he's still not viewed as a legit #1, thus he still has some things to prove. To your point, he missed 6 games last year due to injury. If he played the entire season, I would have left him off my list.

squicken

http://mmqb.si.com/

Dick Sherman is writing a column for Peter King's new site. They also have a big video thing on Wussell.

Valid point. But he's still not viewed as a legit #1, thus he still has some things to prove. To your point, he missed 6 games last year due to injury. If he played the entire season, I would have left him off my list.

I'm a big Garcon fan, though his decision not to have surgery on that foot, I think, is going to get in the bad graces of the fans if he gets hurt again

SonnyBoy

I'm a big Garcon fan, though his decision not to have surgery on that foot, I think, is going to get in the bad graces of the fans if he gets hurt again

I think a lot of fans are way too eager to subject another persons body to the knife of a surgeon. Garcon showed that he's not simply anti-surgery because he had work done on his shoulder. This ligament in his toe, the docs said that surgery may not even fix it. So I understand his decision to try the rest option. And I'm sure he's done other things to rehabilitate it that we aren't aware of.

If it were to flare up again this season, I'd hope that he'd opt for the surgery in the off-season. At the end of the day, it's his body and I wish him the best.

I wasn't too familiar with Garcon until he came here and I'm happy to have him. Outside of his receiving skills, he's an tenacious run blocker and seems to be really integrating himself into the franchise. There are a lot of intangible things that I've picked up on that make his acquistion more than worth it.

Seeing the first day of Dolphins camp has got me very excited. LET'S GO!

Good morning, by the way. How was your weekend?
You and me both, brother!

My weekend was pretty insane. I went to Charleston, SC for my sister's wedding and ran around helping with that all weekend, so now I'm in recovery mode. It was a ton of fun though.

EDIT: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61298/dion-jordan-is-the-dolphins-wildcard

Jordan's shoulder was expected to be 100 percent by the start of training camp. But that goal wasn't met, which adds to the mystery of his role and further pushes Jordan behind on the depth chart.
Hmm... It's looking more and more likely that we won't see a whole lot from Jordan in his rookie season.

EDIT AGAIN: Good news for the Phins: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/07/dolphins-camp-day-one-in-the-books.html

On a much more positive front, cornerback Brent Grimes looked great in practice today. Truly. He moved with ease following a season in which he missed all but the first game because of a torn Achilles. Grimes and Richard Marshall, who also missed much of last year because of a bad back that required surgery, were the first-team cornerbacks and got the better of the receivers today.

The most clear sign that Grimes is back is he wasn't even wearing ankle tape to stabilize the repaired area. "I never do, I don't like it," he said. ""No reason to."

Also, good to hear this:

Speaking of offensive line, right tackle is not an issure right now. Tyson Clabo, wearing No. 77, looks like a good, solid, professional. He's just ... good. Nice technique. Nice tempo. He knows what he's doing for the most part.

Horrible news for Egnew:

At tight end it was Charles Clay and Dion Sims behind Keller today. Michael Egnew was on the far field working with the third and fourth-team offense. So much for him having a great offseason. A rookie has already passed him, apparently.
There's so much news! I'm getting hyped!

ESPN's Perfect QB

BPZcFUHCQAANTgj.png

Talon

Whatever vendor SI used to build their mobile site for MMQB has to be getting its ass reamed right now. Terrible performance.

LOL at Drew Brees' arm strength.

To be honest I think my perfect QB would look like:

Arm Strength- Cam Newton
Decision Making-Cam Newton
Mobility- Cam Newton
Pocket Awareness- Cam Newton
Guts- Cam Newton

Accuracy-Aaron Rodgers
tom-haverford-face.gif

RBH

To be honest I think my perfect QB would look like:

Laptop stealing skills- Cam Newton
Moping on the bench skills-Cam Newton
Putting towel on his own head skills- Cam Newton
Doing touchdown dances when team is still losing the game- Cam Newton
Still a Falcons fan at heart- Cam Newton

Fixed.

tom-haverford-face.gif

Just for the heck of it:

Arm Strength - Aaron Rodgers
Decision Making - Tom Brady
Mobility - RGIII
Pocket Awareness - Peyton Manning
Guts - Andrew Luck
Accuracy - Aaron Rodgers

eznark

Banned
AGod is probably first in all of those categories, other than flat our running speed, which is scary.

I was just thinking the same thing, actually.

Imagine how great Harrell is.

Just for the heck of it:

Arm Strength - Aaron Rodgers
Decision Making - Tom Brady
Mobility - RGIII
Pocket Awareness - Peyton Manning
Guts - Andrew Luck
Accuracy - Aaron Rodgers

rg3-knee.jpg

I'd give pocket awareness/escapabiliy (while not the same, they have the same goal) to the Rapist.

Guts? Stafford since he clearly has the biggest.

I thought Collie retired because of head trauma?
Nope. There were some articles calling for him to retire because of the concussions but he's still out there trying to get a job.

Jets are also bringing in former Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff. They'd like some competition for Nick Folk.

cdyhybrid

At the airport waiting for my flight to Vegas (work trip sadly) - strongly considering making a wager or two, and I'll be back in September anyway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. Case currently in appeals process.

what a loser

bionic77

Am the only one that doesn't give a fuck about PEDs as long they don't affect my team or the Pats or Ravens?

I think I might dislike my players if they are not roiding the fuck up and taking care not to get caught (unless it is the Pats or Ravens doing it, then it is disgusting and should be met with the most severe punishment possible). Harrison was one of my favorite players of all time and anyone with a brain could see he was on the best roids (remember his comment that he spent hundreds or thousands on dollars to get in NFL shape?) known to mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom