• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pretty sure those banners already exist in Ford Field, dude.

No, they have more important banners like "2011 Playoff Participant" and "We Finally Fired Matt Millen--2008"

eznark

Banned
No, they have more important banners like "2011 Playoff Participant" and "We Finally Fired Matt Millen--2008"

lion-banner.jpg

squicken

Disrespect. That’s also what I felt from Tom Brady when the Patriots came to Seattle last season. They were beating us in the second half, and I think it was during a TV timeout when one of our safeties, Earl Thomas, walked over to Tom. Earl had already intercepted him and said something like, “I got one pick, and I should have had two more!” And Brady responded with something like, “Who are you? Come talk to me after we win.” He was talking down to us, like we were a bunch of nobodies just there witnessing his greatness.

So after we won, 24–23, I went up to Tom, and he wouldn’t talk to me. It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing when I asked him, “You mad, bro? You mad, bro?”

I play the game the right way. I play hard. I don’t take cheap shots. I never try to hurt anybody. And I respect people who respect me. It’s pretty simple. But if you don’t respect me, or if you doubt my ability, I’m not just going to sit there and swallow it. I’ll come at you. I know there are people out there—fans and other players—who say, “Just shut up and play.” But that’s not me. Never has been, never will be. I can’t make everyone out there happy.

Such a good heel. Can't imagine any non-Chickens fans like the guy

Reiterating his explanation in a June statement, Gordon said he tested positive for the banned substance codeine due to medication he was taking for strep throat. Asked Monday if he had a substance-abuse problem, Gordon replied, "It wasn't recreational use."

Gordon failed three marijuana tests in college during his time with Baylor and Utah. The Browns took a chance, selecting him in the second round of last year's supplemental draft.

"It's something that's in the past," Gordon said. "It's still going to gloom over me for a long time. But I've still got a long way to go, a lot to prove to the fans here, to the people here. It's just another obstacle in my way of getting there."

Gordon was everything the Browns could have asked for as a rookie, leading the team in receiving. They can only hope Gordon can back up Monday's words with his action

from East Texas + codeine = drank

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So the NFL/NFLPA is going to do an hgh population study. My advice? Everyone inject now and bring the baseline up!

Godslay

Banned
Correction. Sounds like it's one failed test and the player gets a warning and entrance into drug program. Second failure is a suspension. 3 strikes and suspension was under the old CBA apparently.

What would the NFL do if it was just pot and Von had a medcard/prescription? I know it's a banned substance, but so is Adderall unless you have a script. How can one work and not the other?

xnipx

Correction. Sounds like it's one failed test and the player gets a warning and entrance into drug program. Second failure is a suspension. 3 strikes and suspension was under the old CBA apparently.

What would the NFL do if it was just pot and Von had a medcard/prescription? I know it's a banned substance, but so is Adderall unless you have a script. How can one work and not the other?

Weed wasn't legal under the new cba so I'm guessing that there isn't any language excusing its use even with a script.

Godslay

Banned
Weed wasn't legal under the new cba so I'm guessing that there isn't any language excusing its use even with a script.

Yeah, but that opens up a whole new can of worms, because I don't think the NFL can suspend if a player has a prescription. Conflicts with ADA from what I understand. Doesn't matter for Von due to MDMA, but wondering as a hypothetical.

ChanHuk

Banned
Yeah, but that opens up a whole new can of worms, because I don't think the NFL can suspend if a player has a prescription. Conflicts with ADA from what I understand. Doesn't matter for Von due to MDMA, but wondering as a hypothetical.

MDMA has no pharmaceutical uses (but weed doesn't either according to the Controlled Substance Act) unless Von Miller was somehow apart of a MDMA study.

SonnyBoy

Second-year Slump Busters

The knee injuries Griffin suffered in his rookie season had some spinning the narrative that this was another gimmick quarterback who was about to get his comeuppance at the hands of the NFL, but that's a grossly inaccurate oversimplification.

In 2012, no quarterback had a higher DVOA (FO's opponent-adjusted per-play efficiency metric) than Griffin when he was under center. In other words, when you take away the collegiate conceits and are left with Griffin just as a pure quarterback -- scanning his reads and dissecting defenses -- he's just as good as any young signal-caller we've seen come down the pike.

But RGIII only had one read all season!!

The fans don't care about HGH, only congress.

Hunter S.

According to an NFL source, Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011. Under NFL policy, testing positive for a recreational drug lands the player in a testing program, and three positive tests can trigger a suspension. Testing positive for a performance enhancing drug is met with an immediate suspension.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23707287/broncos-von-miller-faces-four-game-suspension

This is the most reliable stuff we got. I hope Von Miller's dad talks. soon.

Eat shit Chan. I do not have time to go on a medical pot rant. lulza

Godslay

Banned
MDMA has no pharmaceutical uses (but weed doesn't either according to the Controlled Substance Act) unless Von Miller was somehow apart of a MDMA study.

Yeah, I was just wondering how it would play out for medical marijuana. MDMA was used in some therapy sessions from what I understand, but was made illegal.

squicken

So Earl Thomas went over to talk shit to Brady, and Brady is such a dick that he talked shit back! What an asshole!

How Sherman decided that Brady was the dick there does not speak well the supposed disadvantage Stanford's admission process puts upon its football program

Bread

Banned
Richard Sherman said "you mad, bro?" in real life and he admitted to it.

that's grounds for suspension right there, seahawks fans should be ashamed to root for him.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/22/hgh-testing-still-a-long-way-from-happening/

Thus, there’s no agreement yet to conduct full-blown HGH testing. Negotiations are ongoing, and progress is being made. Issues include the use of third-party arbitration for discipline, enhanced confidentiality regarding test results, and assurances that the samples will be destroyed after testing has concluded.

The final agreement also could include retroactive testing. Specifically, the blood collected for the population study could be split into two samples. One would be used for the population study, and the other would be tested at a later date. This potential twist, which the NFL affirmatively is seeking, would mean that players whose HGH levels drive up the thresholds for the population study could still face discipline at a later date for HGH levels that helped skew the baseline numbers.

Players want samples destroyed so if they are using undetectable drugs, they can't be tested at a later date and busted. I like the NFL going after the outliers in a population study. Otherwise it is just an invitation for every player to juice up as much as he can to get that baseline up

ChanHuk

Banned
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23707287/broncos-von-miller-faces-four-game-suspension

This is the most reliable stuff we got. I hope Von Miller's dad talks. soon.

Eat shit Chan. I do not have time to go on a medical pot rant. lulza

Medical pot rant? What the fuck? Fuck you, I support legalizing all drugs and prostitution for the good of the NFL.

Yeah, I was just wondering how it would play out for medical marijuana. MDMA was used in some therapy sessions from what I understand, but was made illegal.

I think MDMA had clinical studies for uses of migraines so Percy Harvin can take all the ecstasy he wants. I know LSD and shrooms have studies for it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I know they're up there.

chuckddd said:
Next year, you'll get the best banner. "Reggie Bush - 1800 yards"

Do you know how amazing it would be to see a Detroit RB today end up with 1800 yards? They probably would put a statue up in front of Ford Field.

Bread

Banned
Medical pot rant? What the fuck? Fuck you, I support legalizing all drugs and prostitution for the good of the NFL.

I think MDMA had clinical studies for uses of migraines so Percy Harvin can take all the ecstasy he wants. I know LSD and shrooms have studies for it.
what ever happened with the clinical studies you were doing for sniffing glue? did you notice any differences or were you always a big dumb goron

Hunter S.

MDMA is allowed to be used by psychiatrists for treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Any tests on MDMA or THC for that matter are not allowed I believe when they are classified as being a schedule 1 controlled substance in the USA.

Edit: I mean testing on humans.

bionic77

Richard Sherman said "you mad, bro?" in real life and he admitted to it.

that's grounds for suspension right there, seahawks fans should be ashamed to root for him.
I am a lawyer (application for readmittance to the bar pending) and in my professional opinion this Sherman guy should be given a medal and this Tammy character should be arrested for assault and inability to throw downfield.

ChanHuk

Banned
what ever happened with the clinical studies you were doing for sniffing glue? did you notice any differences or were you always a big dumb goron

bradying.gif

MDMA is allowed to be used by psychiatrists for treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Any tests on MDMA or THC for that matter are not allowed I believe when they are classified as being a schedule 1 controlled substance in the USA.

I still don't like you

Colasante

CB Eric Wright failed his physical with the 49ers. His rights reverted back to the Bucs and he's been released. Even with his recent DUI, I could see a market for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom