• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
So having more money = winning at life? Lunchbox has already beaten us all.

More money doesn't always equal winning at life, but in the grand scheme of things dude got paid to play a game, and never has to worry about money again. He's set financially for life and I'd imagine a lot of people would risk their reputation to not have to worry about money ever again.

bionic77

Manziel is average arm talent? What? How many "Wow, Matt Schaub couldn't make that pass" moments did we go through during the aTm season? He went up against the best DB's in college football and came away relatively unscathed.

Dude is gonna be stud. John Elway 2.0
College don't mean shit.

Fox318

Peyton Hillis will be a trivia question in the years to come as the guy on the madden cover and as the guy who showed McDaniels wife what a Penis looks like.

LJ11

LJ soured me on Boyd. Has a Jake Locker streak to him but he's a better physical talent. Manziel will need two more years of clean living for anyone to take him the top 5
Better than Locker in my book, Boyd isn't a complete pussy. Hated Locker to be honest. Boyd can be so good at times, and then he just goes bad. Play calling hurts him, but he gets into bad habits.

Should be a fun year of CFB.

ChanHuk

Banned
Gata has a problem; he's addicted. He's been swamp/dumpster diving around everywhere from what I've been told, nothing can satisfy his craving for bags of dicks. We should send him to rehab.

Should be a fun year of CFB.
Very fun! I'm excited.

Jacoby Jones was placed on the active/NFI list to open Ravens camp because he failed his conditioning test.
After missing offseason workouts due to his Dancing with the Stars appearance, Jones reported out of shape. This may be the push GM Ozzie Newsome needs to acquire a real No. 2 wide receiver. Jones had been penciled in as the starter opposite Torrey Smith, briefly giving him some deep-sleeper fantasy appeal. Free agent receivers still out there include Austin Collie, Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, and Donald Jones.
To much dancing and acting goofy on Tv during the offseason.
Football news is steadily coming

you sure talk a lot of shit for a raider fan
I actually concur...

Erron Rodgers walks past cancer patience and befriends roiders and cheaters.

PACKER PEOPLE (TM)
PACKER PEOPLE (TM)
PACKER PEOPLE (TM)PACKER PEOPLE (TM)
PACKER PEOPLE (TM)

squicken

Harbs referring Eric Wright questions to Baalke. What a wussy

Reporter: During mini-camp you had some pretty strong words about the Seahawks and their Adderall problem and Eric Wright --

Harbaugh: I don’t agree with that.

Reporter: Hmm?

Harbaugh: The way you characterized it.

Reporter: You don’t agree with how I characterized it?

Harbaugh: No.

Reporter: You don’t think those were strong words?

Harbaugh: That I was aware?

Reporter: Well, you said you wanted to make sure that your guys didn’t do stuff like that, that you played by the rules, and yet Eric Wright did have some of that. Were you aware of that when you signed him, that that was in his past?

Harbaugh: What I’m going to say is, like I just said, talk to Trent on that. He’s a better person to talk to about it. He’s got a clear understanding of the transaction.

Reporter: You did say that, I think you said, you wanted to be above reproach or beyond reproach.

Harbaugh: Correct. That hasn’t changed.

Reporter: Do you think that everyone on your roster qualifies for that at this point?

Harbaugh: I think our guys do a great job of playing within the rules, yes. And as a coach you anticipate and you deal with things as they occur. Anticipate and resolve.

MechDX

Texans signed 1st and 2nd round picks. Deandre Hopkins and DJ Swearinger.

Placed 3rd rounder Sam "Sonic" Montgomery on the non football injury list. Typical

WedgeX

Banned
Gata has a problem; he's addicted. He's been swamp/dumpster diving around everywhere from what I've been told, nothing can satisfy his craving for bags of dicks. We should send him to rehab.

A classic case of focusing on others before yourself.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Cant wait for the pre-season to start and then 3 minutes into the 1st game be sick of it.

Preseason is all about watching rookies, and seeing how 2nd and 3rd year vets have progressed. It's great for the first two quarters but after that, you have special teams players playing on defense/offense.

I remember watching Lions preseasons games before the 2011 season to see how Stafford had progressed after two straight injury plagued seasons. He tore up the preseason and went on to throw 41 TDs and 5,000 yards while leading the Lions to their first playoff berth in 10+ years. It was actually during that preseason I realized Staff was the truth.

Gonna be fun for Oakland. Pretty much all new starters on D, battles at almost every position on offense and defense. Plus HoFlynn vs Wilson vs Pryor.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

How about instead of investing in cars that immediately decline in value once they're taken off the lot, why not buy some well researched real estate? My dad would drill this into my brain all the time, and still does when it comes to managing money properly.

He'll still eat good with post-career signing appearances and fundraisers, but CJ2K is going to be depressed as hell when he realizes all the money he wasted and how he won't be able to live that Mayback, make it rain lifestyle anymore.

Look at how crazy T.O., Allen Iverson and Ochocinco have gone since losing those contracts, and having to go back to living a hard middle class life of autograph appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom