• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleuin

Yeah I was mostly poking fun at the fact that some guys were gone, lord knows Brady will be able to make the most out of whatever they have anyways.
Lord Tom Brady was a 6th round pick if you didnt know.
t1O9ht1.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shannon Sharpe was a 7th rounder, TD was a 6th. Not unheard of for guys to come out of nowhere. Rare though.

I knew about TD being a late rounder but had no idea that Sharpe was a 7th rounder especially with Sterling Sharpe as his brother. That's crazy especially considering the amazing career he had.

I'd say you have a 10-20% likelihood of finding a gem rounds 3-6 depending on who the management is of said team.

A guy to watch out for this year is 4th round pick Devin Taylor (DE Detroit Lions).
He played behind first round pick Melvin Ingram, and Jadeveon Clowney these past two years. He has special size, speed and athleticism he just got caught being two Top 10 picks including the most hyped defensive lineman since Suh.

Good to have you back Slay.

i also see ryan braun was suspended. i expect the NFL's version of braun (Dick Sherman) will also be caught again after getting off on a technicality initially

Godslay

Banned
I knew about TD being a late rounder but had no idea that Sharpe was a 7th rounder especially with Sterling Sharpe as his brother. That's crazy especially considering the amazing career he had.

I'd say you have a 10-20% likelihood of finding a gem rounds 3-6 depending on who the management is of said team.

A guy to watch out for this year is 4th round pick Devin Taylor (DE Detroit Lions).
He played behind first round pick Melvin Ingram, and Jadeveon Clowney these past two years. He has special size, speed and athleticism he just got caught being two Top 10 picks including the most hyped defensive lineman since Suh.

Good to have you back Slay.

Thanks glad to be back.

As far as Sharpe and those Superbowl winning Denver teams, they were loaded with late round picks and undrafted players.

Starting offense - 1997 (First Superbowl Win)

Shannon Sharpe - 7th
TD - 6th
Rod Smith - UD
Tom Nalen - 7th
Mark Schlereth - 10th
Brian Habib - 10th
Tony Jones - 10th
Howard Griffth - 9th
Gary Zimmerman - Supplemental Draft

Starting Defense

Tyrone Braxton - 12th
Maa Tanuvasa - 9th
Ray Crockett - 4th

As a neat fact, there were more 1st round picks on the defense than on the offense. Pretty amazing really, considering that it was a pretty prolific offense at the time.

Fantomex

So I got a question for you guys, I haven't been getting much sleep of course. But I went to gamestop, because they were the only ones with the Ratchet and Clank game my son wanted, and lo and behold it's pre-owned. I buy it, bring it back and after 30 minutes he says the screen went black. I hard reset the PS3 and turn it off, finally get the disc out and it has a chip at the edge of the disc. Should I just go return the game, or go return the game and make them responsible in case my PS3 is going to die because of it?

Sleep, i remember sleep.

Godslay

Banned
So I got a question for you guys, I haven't been getting much sleep of course. But I went to gamestop, because they were the only ones with the Ratchet and Clank game my son wanted, and lo and behold it's pre-owned. I buy it, bring it back and after 30 minutes he says the screen went black. I hard reset the PS3 and turn it off, finally get the disc out and it has a chip at the edge of the disc. Should I just go return the game, or go return the game and make them responsible in case my PS3 is going to die because of it?

Sleep, i remember sleep.

Whatever you do just make sure to kick over a magazine rack. I haven't heard of anyone doing that in awhile.

Sleep, i remember sleep.

Dolphins gonna fucking suck next season. Think about that whilst awake.

Fantomex

Whatever you do just make sure to kick over a magazine rack. I haven't heard of anyone doing that in awhile.

Dolphins gonna fucking suck next season. Think about that whilst awake.

I figured he had the kid to take his mind off the Dolphins.

You guys are brutal.

Godslay. You're alright.

Dutch, I'll enjoy hearing you're cries for help once Putin decides Russia needs to expand again.

Narag, you straight up suck.

Turnstile

Great day turns to crap.

I got my season tickets in the mail and then Von goes and lets me down. So pissed right now .
Hell, I even met Von and he signed my hat. He was a really cool cat to my wife and me despite the freezing temperature at the Ravens game.
And then he tweets his "I didn't do anything wrong" shenanigans.. Screw that.
Can't even be a man and take responsibility.

He's a beast on the field. Makes me wonder how much of an athletic freak he'd be if his body was even more tuned being drug free. But since this isn't the first time and becoming a pattern, well - no sympathy from me whatsoever.

Godslay

Banned
Great day turns to crap.

I got my season tickets in the mail and then Von goes and lets me down. So pissed right now .
Hell, I even met Von and he signed my hat. He was a really cool cat to my wife and me despite the freezing temperature at the Ravens game.

He's a beast on the field. Makes me wonder how much of an athletic freak he'd be if his body was even more tuned being drug free. But since this isn't the first time and becoming a pattern, well - no sympathy from me whatsoever.

Long time no see. Miller news sucks, hopefully this is the last time we hear about it. If he has an issue with addiction I hope he gets help. If it's just being caught at the wrong time twice, then I think he needs to be more careful when he decides to let loose.

Personally, I was more upset with the DUIs. There is really no excuse for that, especially if you have the means to call and afford a cab or a hotel stay.

Alfred Morris. 6th round.

Yep, he's a gem.

Speaking of that who would you guys consider your team's best undrafted or late round draft pick 5th and beyond?

I think Sharpe is Denver's. Hard to argue with a HOFer.

Hunter S.

Great day turns to crap.

Come now,we only know he did MDMA once in 2011. The restg of the tests are probably all MJ which is technically legal here in a psuedo kind of way. He could smoke say maybe 3 times 2 months before a test and still be caught. I have a hard time thinking he is doing it Cheech and Chong style. That stated, you have my empathy, and I hope you enjoy Von when he gets back. If we are lucky he just parties with booze like Gronk so all is good.

MechDX

Arian Foster. Almost drafted in 6th by the Seahawks but had a shit attitude so they passed. Didn't know he could be promoted from practice squad to active roster. Lol

As much as it pains some: he is far from "done"

Godslay

Banned
Arian Foster. Almost drafted in 6th by the Seahawks but had a shit attitude so they passed. Didn't know he could be promoted from practice squad to active roster. Lol

As much as it pains some: he is far from "done"

The Kubiak touch. You know he was the reason TD was drafted. Plus he had his hands in snagging Foster. It's like the Midas touch but with great RBs.

The legend grows.

Turnstile

Come now,we only know he did MDMA once in 2011. The restg of the tests are probably all MJ which is technically legal here in a psuedo kind of way. He could smoke say maybe 3 times 2 months before a test and still be caught. I have a hard time thinking he is doing it Cheech and Chong style. That stated, you have my empathy, and I hope you enjoy Von when he gets back. If we are lucky he just parties with booze like Gronk so all is good.

Trust me. I did my time with MJ in CO long before it became pseudo legal. Went to CU and probably went to 6 classes total because of it :p Good times but didn't last very long at school. (Thankfully a year snowboarding at Tahoe got my partying out of my system and back to school)

I don't do it much anymore - in fact its been years, just because I'm slower at work and I don't like that feeling. Not that I never would, but it's not anything I need anymore.

But to be given such rare athletic gifts and screw around with your talent... Pisses me off as a fan and a ticket holder. I love cheering for him, but he's let the team down.

Age will wisen him up. It does all of us. The "he's young, just a kid" crap is just that. I knew I was screwing up back then and he knew he was screwing up too.

Turnstile

Personally, I was more upset with the DUIs. There is really no excuse for that, especially if you have the means to call and afford a cab or a hotel stay.

Agreed. I went out with work friends to a baseball game a few weeks back for my birthday and got hammered so hard. Hit a bar and did scotch after scotch before getting to the park and everyone kept on buying me beer. Like I was in the teens of drinks.

But I took the train home and the logistics weren't too bad.

But then you have these guys with more money than me, more access to taxis, limos, hell - even someone else in the organization even possibly picking them up.
Screw that too.

Elway has got to be furious at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom