• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was terrible anyway.

image.php

Draxal

By the time I get a DS and AC nobody will be playing on the regular. I hope it's awesome because I haven't liked any compared to the original on GameCube.

It's the best one they actually added a ton of good stuff to this one.

there is no logical reason that animal crossing should be entertaining. it's just mindless busy work! but somehow i have to play it everyday :(

It's a good sandbox game, need to be more of these.

ChanHuk

Banned
Awesome. But it is also hard work and not for weak bitches. Those guys should keep wrapping it up or stick to anime doll pillows.

Waifuuuuuuuu

I have a new neighbor in AC, it's name is "Tammy" curious.

Oh my fuckin Tebow. I just saw a midget nurse.

Greg

It's a crazy 16-bit indie game where you're a hitman running around brutally murdering everyone in sight. The soundtrack is phenomenal as well. You should check it out, it's only $10.

Not sure, I haven't played the PC version. I haven't seen any bugs, though.
I need something new on my Vita, so I think I might do that.

I can't remember the last new game I played...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The pickup of Israel Idonje from the Bears is going to be one of the biggest pickups this offseason. We also got Jason Jones from Seattle which was another great pickup for our already ferocious d-line, and adds more depth to our defense.

My reading on this is since the coaching staff is on the hot seat they need to win now and can't wait for Ziggy Ansah to develop if that's going to take to much time

40 day till The Greatest Show on Turf II starts.

Greg

The pickup of Israel Idonje from the Bears is going to be one of the biggest pickups this offseason. We also got Jason Jones from Seattle which was another great pickup for our already ferocious d-line, and adds more depth to our defense.

My reading on this is since the coaching staff is on the hot seat they need to win now and can't wait for Ziggy Ansah to develop if that's going to take to much time

40 day till The Greatest Show on Turf II starts.
can't wait

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions’ Cunningham: Read-option QBs are going to get hurt

Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham says it’s not defensive coaches who need to be worried about the read-option that’s spreading across the NFL. Instead, Cunningham says the quarterbacks who run the ball in the read-option need to be worried that they won’t hold up for 16 games against NFL defenses.

“The problem is for those quarterbacks, one of these days one of them is not going to walk off,” Cunningham told the Lions’ website. “It’s a lot of pressure on him to physically do that.”

Cunningham has been a defensive assistant in the NFL for 30 years, but he also coached in college football in the 1970s and spent a season as a Canadian Football League assistant, and he says he knows about stopping running quarterbacks and wide-open offenses.

“I think we all understand what the issues are and how to play it,” Cunningham said. “I reflect back on my college days and it wasn’t that hard to remember all that stuff because it put a lot of pressure on me in those days and it does in this league too.”

That’s not to say Cunningham thinks the read-option is just some gimmick that’s easy to figure out. Cunningham said that when the Dolphins ran the Wildcat in 2008, they were running a fundamentally sound offense, and other teams have learned from what the Dolphins said. But the Dolphins were snapping the ball directly to running backs, and Cunningham doesn’t believe any running back can throw the ball well enough to threaten an NFL defense.

“The key is you need extra people to stop the run because they spread you out,” Cunningham said. “So, you end up playing some man-to-man or shorten your safeties down and if the quarterback can really throw the ball, that’s where we get into trouble. Miami couldn’t do that with Ricky [Williams] and the other kid that was running the option [Ronnie Brown]. But their design was as good as I’ve ever seen in my life and then it got away from them for whatever reason. Bill Belichick can tell you they killed them in the first game.”

But snapping the ball to a running back in the Wildcat is different from having the quarterback run the read-option. And Cunningham believes that in the long run, in a read-option offense, it’s the quarterback who’s going to get killed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ingham-read-option-qbs-are-going-to-get-hurt/

I tend to agree with him here. We saw what happened to Vick and RG3. Pocket passers who can then scramble if the play breaks down are fine, but if you have your whole offense revolving around the QB running fake handoff and then getting hit every okay by NFL players will lead to inevitable injuries to lanky small QBs.

SF3.png

No matter what, someone will be assigned to hitting the QB every play whether it be the defensive end or linebacker. As you can see in this screen cap on red opitons one player is assigned either the QB or RB and to destroy them whether they have the ball or not.

Lions’ Cunningham: Read-option QBs are going to get hurt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ingham-read-option-qbs-are-going-to-get-hurt/

I tend to agree with him here. We saw what happened to Vick and RG3. Pocket passers who can then scramble if the play breaks down are fine, but if you have your whole offense revolving around the QB running fake handoff and then getting hit every okay by NFL players will lead to inevitable injuries to lanky small QBs.

How mad are you that kap accomplished more in 10 games than stafford will in his entire career?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How mad are you that kap accomplished more in 10 games than stafford will in his entire career?

Let me know when Kaep plays more than 32 games in a row, and in those 32 games drops 10,000 yards with a 3;2 TD ration at 60 TDs, and managing to lead a top 5 rated offense two years in a row.

Even if he doesn't get hurt next year (which he will due to the offense being run) he's not focused and practicing like Stafford because he's too budy being Hollywood and posing shirtless pics for trash magazines.

Let me know when Kaep plays more than 32 games in a row, and in those 32 games drops 10,000 yards with a 3;2 TD ration at 60 TDs, and managing to lead a top 5 rated offense two years in a row.

Even if he doesn't get hurt next year (which he will due to the offense being run) he's not focused and practicing like Stafford because he's too budy being Hollywood and posing shirtless pics for trash magazines.

1. kap had a higher rating than stafford
2. kap had better YPA than stafford
3. kap had a better TD/INT ratio than stafford

but i doubt kap actually cares about individual stats. i also doubt that stafford will ever play in another playoff game but you can always live with those hollow yardage stats

bionic77

I do agree that Kap will get hurt this year. Defenders are allowed to hit athletic qb's with penises as hard as they want to. No protection from the league and trying to extend plays will eventually end in injury. The math checks out. Sorry FMT.

The only thing more impressive than how good the Lions will be next season (according to Kas the prophet) is Stafford's record against winning teams.

bionic77

It will be hilarious is Kas is right and the Lions are the greatest offensive force in NFL history for the 6-8 games that Bush is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom