• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a great avatar.

Bosoms, fried chicken and what appears to he the US Flag on my iPhone surely make that the greatest avatar combo in GAF history,
Fried Chicken looks good on your avi.
I always loved you.

thumbs-upb3b3y.gif

eznark

Banned
Oh, God. Listening to TWiT?

It's a good cast of characters this week until Jolie chimes in with the most vapid bullshit. There really is nothing more annoying than hearing tech pundits try to speak intelligently about privacy in the context of national security.

If they could manage to keep a cast like Silverman, Rose/Meritt, and Norton on a regular basis, it would be the best.

Ha she ended up being the only intelligent one on the MotoX privacy concerns.

SonnyBoy

Yep, he's a gem.

Speaking of that who would you guys consider your team's best undrafted or late round draft pick 5th and beyond?

I think Sharpe is Denver's. Hard to argue with a HOFer.

I'd have to say Brian Mitchell or Dexter Manley.

Also Tony Romo undrafted, tons of great/good players in later rounds.

Yeah, he's another good one. Speaking of undrafted players, London Fletcher went undrafted to the Rams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pretty much every non item one. The xp one is really shameful can grind to 99 in an hour or less.

*downloading tonight*

My only shame is I started playing SMTIV before I finished FE:A. I've got almost 40 hours in that fucker and I need to finish it up. Chrom and the MC are gods

bionic77

The only thing that will be better than watching the Pats and cRavens crashing and burning this season will be watching the Steelers kicking ass.

The Steelers being good is the least likely of those 3 to happen, but even if we are mediocre I still think we win a shit division and at least get to see the Bungles disappoint everyone dumb enough to believe in them.

Spades

The fact that his passer rating last season on play-action (which almost always has a simple either-or read) was 121.4, and that his rating on non-play action was 67.7, suggests he’s not yet comfortable going deep into multiple full-field progression reads.

If Sherm only does ONE thing to our offense this season, it would be to roll out Tannehill more or let him run a little.

It was so obvious last season that he was stronger when on the move.

eznark

Banned
If Sherm only does ONE thing to our offense this season, it would be to roll out Tannehill more or let him run a little.

If they aren't moving the pocket right every single passing play they are dead. That left side of the line is an absolute train wreck.

bionic77

When KAS said Reggie would get 1800 yards this season was he talking about all purpose or just running? Because he might be selling Bush short. 1800 yards rushing is only like 112.5 a game. I think if you include all purpose he is a lock for 2500 and Stafford might take that next step and throw for 6000 this years now that he has a legit running attack.

The only thing that can stop the Lions offense this year is the endzone.

Sherm definitely started designing for more of that as last season went on and Tannehill became more comfortable with the system (and everything else a rookie has to adjust to, particularly an inexperienced one). It really shows up in his running stats: 30 yards in his first 10 games (3 ypg), 181 in his last 6 (30 ypg). So his running improved by a factor of 10 when comparing those stretches, and it's no accident that you started seeing him running designed roll-outs and PA bootlegs a lot more frequently as the season went on. I also remember seeing somewhere over the past few days that the read-option is supposedly in the Dolphins playbook this year, so we might see the athletic side of Tannehill even more than we expect.

There are a lot of other positive signs of development from last season as well, like the fact that Tannehill threw only 1 pick in his last 5 games (with 5 TD's during that stretch).

Now, take that development from last season and combine it with an entire offseason of preparation, along with an improved receiving corps, and it's easy to get pretty excited about the potential.

Good morning to you! Wait until game days when it's page after page of "lol" or "taint", or if folks are feeling expressive, "lol taint"
Things I look forward to on NFL GAF during the season:

• Game day mass hysteria
  • Bucket head threads
  • Futurevoid daily Giant updates, including the highs and lows in each players' financial portfolio that day.
  • LJ11 and squicken attempting to educate our asses
  • eznark giving me shit for for being a corporate shill. Shit, this one is new.
  • eznark giving other people shit for not being able to afford something football related, as opposed to the normal general disdain for the poor
  • Pages upon pages of consecutive sexy Packers avatars.
  • bionic being bionic
  • FMT rants

<3

eznark

Banned
Sherm definitely started designing for more of that as last season went on and Tannehill became more comfortable with the system (and everything else a rookie has to adjust to, particularly an inexperienced one). It really shows up in his running stats: 30 yards in his first 10 games (3 ypg), 181 in his last 6 (30 ypg). So his running improved by a factor of 10 when comparing those stretches, and it's no accident that you started seeing him running designed roll-outs and PA bootlegs a lot more frequently as the season went on.

There are a lot of other positive signs of development from last season as well, like the fact that Tannehill threw only 1 pick in his last 5 games (with 5 TD's during that stretch).

Now, take that development from last season and combine it with an entire offseason of preparation, along with an improved receiving corps, and it's easy to get pretty excited about the potential.

Despite games against two of the worst teams in football (Buffalo and Jacksonville) the Dolphins scored only 16 ppg in those last six. Maybe he is running more, but to what end? It didn't result in any offensive explosions. 16 points combined against a pedestrian Patriots defense?

bionic77

Pats can stop the run and can look decent against shit qbs. But against any competent qb (or Joe Flacco and possible Mark Sanchez) they suck ass.

eznark

Banned
Pats can stop the run and can look decent against shit qbs. But against any competent qb (or Joe Flacco and possible Mark Sanchez) they suck ass.

So...pedestrian. And considering we are talking about the maturation of Tannehill here, the Pats defense, which was poor against the pass, is a good barometer of exactly how he progressed throughout the season.

6 points in two games.

TheLegendary said:
Sounds like my team
You aren't a Packers fan anymore?

Despite games against two of the worst teams in football (Buffalo and Jacksonville) the Dolphins scored only 16 ppg in those last six. Maybe he is running more, but to what end? It didn't result in any offensive explosions. 16 points combined against a pedestrian Patriots defense?
The Dolphins lost their first game to the Bills and scored ten points more in the second. Tannehill also had a much better game individually. That's improvement.

I won't sit here and act like the offense was good last season, but if you look past the very basic metric of ppg you could see a lot of individual improvement from Tannehill. The whole team had a horrible game against the Pats to close out the season so I won't make any excuses there, and if you want to start cherry picking stats and games let's just throw out the 8 yards rushing he had in that game to up the average from the previous five. Rookies have bad games, and the fact that he had one in a near meaningless game at the end of the season in Foxboro in the freezing cold against a defense that was improved from earlier in the season doesn't exactly surprise me.

Also, the Dolphins lost to the Titans 37-3. When I watch stuff like that I care less and less about supposed "worst teams in the league" and all that. Any given Sunday.

So...pedestrian. And considering we are talking about the maturation of Tannehill here, the Pats defense, which was poor against the pass, is a good barometer of exactly how he progressed throughout the season.

6 points in two games.
Yes, ppg is the only metric we should use to evaluate a rookie QB's development. You're just trolling me at this point, right?

eznark

Banned
The Dolphins lost their first game to the Bills and scored ten points more in the second. That's improvement.

I won't sit here and act like the offense was good last season, but if you look past the very basic metric of ppg you could see a lot of individual improvement from Tannehill. The whole team had a horrible game against the Pats to close out the season so I won't make any excuses there, and if you want to start cherry picking stats and games let's just throw out the 8 yards rushing he had in that game to up the average from the previous five. Rookies have bad games, and the fact that he had one in a near meaningless game at the end of the season in Foxboro in the freezing cold against a defense that was improved from earlier in the season doesn't exactly surprise me.

Also, the Dolphins lost to the Titans 37-3. When I watch stuff like that I care less and less about supposed "worst teams in the league" and all that. Any given Sunday.

Yes, ppg is the only metric we should use to evaluate a rookie QB's development. You're just trolling me at this point, right?

Only? No. But neither is QB rushing yards per game. I'm challenging you friend, not trolling you! I think the Dolphins look like hot shit on toast going into this year, but as always you are optimistic. I'm just trying to see why but it sounds like a lot of hopes and prayers and pixie dust.

His interceptions we way down in those last six games, but so were his completions. He average five fewer completions per game over that stretch than his season average. Attempts were down and his yards fell to under 200 per game in that span. Sure he threw fewer picks but it's because he just threw less in general. His game against Jacksonville was legit but outside of that there are no real bright shining spots. And...it's Jacksonville at the end of the year. Is that a sign of progress? Is that more important than shitting the bed against the Patriots twice? I don't know but I tend to say probably not.

Vyroxis

Banned
Things I look forward to on NFL GAF during the season:

• Game day mass hysteria
  • Bucket head threads
  • Futurevoid daily Giant updates, including the highs and lows in each players' financial portfolio that day.
  • LJ11 and squicken attempting to educate our asses
  • eznark giving me shit for for being a corporate shill. Shit, this one is new.
  • eznark giving other people shit for not being able to afford something football related, as opposed to the normal general disdain for the poor
  • Pages upon pages of consecutive sexy Packers avatars.
  • bionic being bionic
  • FMT rants

<3

You forgot the slow demise of the Lions fans, and their inevitable spiral into an alternate reality where they don't suck.

Wrayfield

6 points in two games.

You aren't a Packers fan anymore?

Papa Joe is gonna fix him. Fraudgers 2.0 confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom