• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who is Amanda Byrnes? I even looked her up on google and cannot figure out why people give a single fuck about her?
From looking at that thread, I've determined that she's actually chan.

0723-bynes-shopping-tmz-wm-3.jpg

bionic77

Heavy was the one who said Bush would get 1800 yards, not me.

I predicted more of an 800-1000 yard season which includes all purpose. We just need him to keep defenses on check which in turn will allow Stafford time to drop another 5,000 yard, 41 TD on the NFL.

If Stafford stays healthy along with some of the offensive playmakers, I expect us to be Top 5 in most important offensive statistical categories like we've been the last two years. Difference iswe now have a speed back like Jahvid Best which suits our Pistol formation perfectly.

On paper we're a playoff team(the NFC is going to be a bloodbath though), but if our defense can produce turnovers like we did in 2011 we're a Super Bowl calibur team.

At the very least we're the most exciting team to watch on both sides of the ball. I cannot effin' wait for this season to start.
If the Lions win the Superbowl this place will explode. We will get eznark going crazy and a sight that no one alive had ever heard of, Detroit lifelongs!

Talon

Why people listen to that toolshed is beyond me.
You've got to understand, he's always viewing these things from the bubble of Silicon Valley. He spends his day meeting and learning about startups who want that sweet Google Ventures $$$. I can understand why he holds onto that perspective.

MechDX

Heavy was the one who said Bush would get 1800 yards, not me.

I predicted more of an 800-1000 yard season which includes all purpose. We just need him to keep defenses on check which in turn will allow Stafford time to drop another 5,000 yard, 41 TD on the NFL.

If Stafford stays healthy along with some of the offensive playmakers, I expect us to be Top 5 in most important offensive statistical categories like we've been the last two years. Difference iswe now have a speed back like Jahvid Best which suits our Pistol formation perfectly.

On paper we're a playoff team(the NFC is going to be a bloodbath though), but if our defense can produce turnovers like we did in 2011 we're a Super Bowl calibur team.

At the very least we're the most exciting team to watch on both sides of the ball. I cannot effin' wait for this season to start.

Yeah conveniently forget your biggest hurdle:
A8bUQ5iCUAAjLNI.jpg

I have Gary Kubiak for a HC and I laugh at Schwartz!

Boom. Joe Mays released. It was going to happen, I think they just had to wait for him to be cleared from injuries. Schaub will now be able to live without fear when playing Denver.

SchaubHit_original_original.gif

Texans gonna sign him and have him hit Peyton like that.

My favorite memory from last season was Rodgers chewing out his retard coach on national television and then throwing him under the bus in the playoffs.

Guy is a champion asshole.

I love it.

SonnyBoy

All what cbs? We have Rogers, brown, gay hater, nnamdi, cox, Brock (lol) and some rookies... Doesn't seem too crazy!

No, that doesn't seem crazy. I simply saw a blurb somewhere about all of the competition that you guys have. It was insinuated that someone would be left out in the cold. So, I was left wondering about the possibility of a player potentially being cut in effort to get down to 53 men.

No but my 2nd favorite memory was when the little Packlings in this thread decided to go full McCarthy and argue with me that homefield advantage and a bye wasn't important.

The shit I put up with, Chuck!
...weren't you one of those people that wanted "momentum" going into the postseason?

ps: our D didn't know what a read option was, they were toast the moment we drew Kaep

My favorite memory from last season was Rodgers chewing out his retard coach on national television and then throwing him under the bus in the playoffs.

Guy is a champion asshole.

I love it.

A champion doesn't get obliterated in back to back divisional playoff games. Especially when the whole city of Chico showed up to one in support of him!

If you're going to call me a fucking retard I wish you'd just come out with it!
according to search, I'm misremembering and you were on the winning team of "free win = yes please". Disregard!

No but really at Lambeau that game would have been different!!!!!

:jnc
In the alternative universe where the Packers get the bye, during the off week a drunk Dom Capers gets a vision of a QB keeping the ball on a designed run and running for multiple touchdowns. He ignores it, and his D gives up 600+ yards anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is that this is all Flacco's fault.

eznark

Banned
the Pack shut down Minnesota's read option game pretty well

Not really. They only used it on their first drive though. Marched right down the field then they completely abandoned it in favor of just giving the ball to AP. Real dumb, Chilly-esque performance from Leslie there.

eznark

Banned
according to search, I'm misremembering and you were on the winning team of "free win = yes please". Disregard!

In the alternative universe where the Packers get the bye, during the off week a drunk Dom Capers gets a vision of a QB keeping the ball on a designed run and running for multiple touchdowns. He ignores it, and his D gives up 600+ yards anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is that this is all Flacco's fault.

Yeah, the Packers were going to lose to the 49ers no matter where they played them. The way it played out though, Green Bay got to end the seasons of Chicago AND Minnesota on back to back weeks.

That's fucking butter and I will forever fondly remember the season for that. Skull fucking Bobby and Slo at the same time is a top 5 football moment for me.

Not really. They only used it on their first drive though. Marched right down the field then they completely abandoned it in favor of just giving the ball to AP. Real dumb, Chilly-esque performance from Leslie there.
Right. I remember being nervous as fuck after that first drive. Then I remembered we were playing the Vikings again after they abandoned what was working for them

The Packers didn't defend the read option well but they played Vick in 2010 but apparently old man Capers Alzheimer's kicked in and he forgot about it.

It's pretty damning when the leader of your defense says you didn't prepare for shit.

Talon

The Packers didn't defend the read option well but they played Vick in 2010 but apparently old man Capers Alzheimer's kicked in and he forgot about it.

It's pretty damning when the leader of your defense says you didn't prepare for shit.
Buckethead is too hip to actually watch the games now. Eagles didn't run anything close to a read option in that game or season.

SchaubHit_original_original.gif

Texans gonna sign him and have him hit Peyton like that.

That hit never stops being awesome.

I feel as though our relationship is progressing well, Dutch :D

We're becoming bros. If you stop posting those pictures.

Lunchbox and Dutch both have rich daddies and they're both Pats fans. Dutch is Lunchbox.

My posts are nowhere near as clever.

I just got a new baby girl. The (fake) hate dried out yo!

Part of me is sad.

Where does it say they ran the read option? Donde?

Let's call in Boots, see if he can find where.

WcmdzxIs.jpg

Both Vick and Kaep are mobile QBs. They stopped Vick by spying him.
Yet the Packers played the 9ers two high all game and their defensive coordinator stopped doing the thing that worked in both games (ILB spy).
Same guy who made a pass pro call when he came in the game week 1.

Vyroxis

Banned
Right. I remember being nervous as fuck after that first drive. Then I remembered we were playing the Vikings again after they abandoned what was working for them

We had a converted wide reciever at QB, no decent receivers, and AP. We were doomed at the coin toss. Why we didn't throw our third string QB in after the half still confuses me.

Alao, won free tickets to a twins game. Yay.

eznark

Banned
Where does it say they ran the read option? Donde?

Let's call in Boots, see if he can find where.

Both Vick and Kaep are mobile QBs. They stopped Vick by spying him.
Yet the Packers played two high all game and their defensive coordinator stopped doing the thing that worked in both games (ILB spy).

Such a vast, wide, huge gulf between a scrambler and a guy operating a well-oiled read option. Sometimes I think you only like football ironically to impress your cutter friends.

eznark

Banned
No comment.

Going from winning the Super Bowl to being happy for ending the Bears and Vikings seasons. What a fall from grace.

Not quite as steep as propping up a pretend dynasty only to see it burn in cheating scandals with a handful of murder charges on top and have all those victories erased from the collective memories of NFL fans.

Such a vast, wide, huge gulf between a scrambler and a guy operating a well-oiled read option. Sometimes I think you only like football ironically to impress your cutter friends.
Somehow I think treating the guy like a scrambler is a better idea than treating him like he's a pocket passer, was the point.

Yeah... The Pack was bad against Kaep's scrambles, but they probably could've limited the damage had that been the only issue.

The designed QB runs and read option plays, OTOH, were damning. And infuriating.
Fire Capers

Greg

Yeah... The Pack was bad against Kaep's scrambles, but they probably could've limited the damage had that been the only issue.

The designed QB runs and read option plays, OTOH, were damning. And infuriating.
Fire Capers
Leave Capers alone - he needs his rest!

iRFPksC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom