• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DJohn Fox Unchained this season!

Seriously though, Mike McCoy shares in the blame for part of that. Assuming that it was McCoy, we should see an immediate difference if he was to blame. I trust that Adam Gase is going to unshackle the offense. He might be forced to do it if the defense minus Miller plays like crap.

That is the one silver lining in losing Miller is that the offense might have to go for the jugular from the onset. Bury teams so that they can't come back.
Haha, sure it's the OC, just like it was in Charlotte.

Wow, those number comparisons surprised me. I've promptly shared with my Chiefs fan friend.

Alex Smith started 40 games on utter shit teams before he turned 26. Cassel started 0 until he was 26 in 2008.

2009 on Alex Smith was better.

And that is half under the reign of Singletary.

In 2009 with the playoffs clinched at 7-9 he goes WILDCARD with Troy Smith getting the start.

CVz2Hrc.jpg

Never learned and jerking around with maybe pulling Smith for Carr the next season is when he lost all credibility on the offensive side of the game.

Hunter S.

Seriously though, Mike McCoy shares in the blame for part of that. Assuming that it was McCoy, we should see an immediate difference if he was to blame. I trust that Adam Gase is going to unshackle the offense. He might be forced to do it if the defense minus Miller plays like crap.

That is the one silver lining in losing Miller is that the offense might have to go for the jugular from the onset. Bury teams so that they can't come back.

The final call though whether to kneel or just run the clock off,or to keep driving should ultimately fall to the head coach I am assuming.

Though I do expect something different with Gase. But, considering he was Mannings QB coach already I assume they are already on the same playbook and things will not change much. Maybe they will be a better first half team to build a better lead earlier and keep marching. Will see.

Godslay

Banned
Haha, sure it's the OC, just like it was in Charlotte.

Well part of it at least. Last year there was a clear disparity between Peyton and how the offense operated in the no-huddle, and how the offense ran when Fox/McCoy were calling the shots. I know Peyton will defer to McCoy, by saying he was essentially in control, but you could see the difference on the field when he wasn't.

Gase has been quoted as saying something to the effect of running a higher octane offense, so assuming Fox gets out of the way it will happen. As far as his conservative calls elsewhere, I hope that last year taught him the lesson of not letting up. Only time will tell, but I'm optimistic things will be somewhat better this year.

The final call though whether to kneel or just run the clock off,or to keep driving should ultimately fall to the head coach I am assuming.

Though I do expect something different with Gase. Though considering he was Mannings QB coach already I assume they are already on the same playbook and things will not change much. Maybe they will be a better first half team to build a better lead earlier and keep marching. Will see.

Sure. Fox can avoid those scenarios if he keeps his foot on the throat of teams. It was one thing Shanny did well, he would bury a team early and often and not let up. It's part of the reason TD sat out something like 8 quarters in the Superbowl winning year two. They have the offense to do it, they just have to let them play free.

Please get Fox out of the way, I want that darn team to stomp on the throats of opposing teams...I just want to wash the taste of that darn playoff loss out of my mouth...=/

MechDX

"gata" google search is....interesting.

I said wow!

Oh and fuck the NFC West, except for the Niners of course. Texans will destroy the Seachickens, Ramickens and the Cards. We will tie with the Niners to set up the Superbowl rematch of course.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I said wow!

Oh and fuck the NFC West, except for the Niners of course. Texans will destroy the Seachickens, Ramickens and the Cards. We will tie with the Niners to set up the Superbowl rematch of course.
Shoob vs our secondary, hmmm...

Talamius

I could see the defense and Peyton willing you to a Super Bowl, but if they do it'll be in spite of John Fox. He is the turtle to end all turtles.

bionic77

Jesus this Bat that shoots lasers is fucking up my shit!

This game is much harder than DKC2 and I am only at the end of world 4...

Colasante

Sounds like Eric Winston found a home with the Cards. Decent pickup for them.

Apparently they are about to sign Abraham too.

Smart signing. Seems they're moving to more of a zone based run scheme, which is new for Bruce Arians. Bobby Massie and Nate Potter improved as last season went on, but Winston should make for a considerable improvement on either.

Godslay

Banned
I could see the defense and Peyton willing you to a Super Bowl, but if they do it'll be in spite of John Fox. He is the turtle to end all turtles.

I hope he learned his lesson. Otherwise I think Elway will come down on the sidelines, snatch Fox's headset and tell the sheriff to pull the trigger.

Turnstile

Seriously though, Mike McCoy shares in the blame for part of that. Assuming that it was McCoy, we should see an immediate difference if he was to blame.
Foxey's excuse that the fans were rattled and it was better to take a knee for "us fans" stung me personally. Pure BS
All the fans in my section (and the sections around me) were ready to go. Getting setup for a field goal attempt was a sure thing in our minds. Wind chill was insane and the game was so long, but the fans were still at it. My cajun, SEC, LSU-schooled, Death-Valley attending wife was impressed by the noise and dedication that night at Mile High. The knee pissed us off.
Foxey should have admitted he dun goofed. Blaming the fans were stunned was wrong.
I think it was Fox's fault.

McCoy can be blamed for other things though..

cajunator

Banned
Foxey's excuse that the fans were rattled and it was better to take a knee for "us fans" stung me personally. Pure BS
All the fans in my section (and the sections around me) were ready to go. Getting setup for a field goal attempt was a sure thing in our minds. Wind chill was insane and the game was so long, but the fans were still at it. My cajun, SEC, LSU-schooled, Death-Valley attending wife was impressed by the noise and dedication that night at Mile High. The knee pissed us off.
Foxey should have admitted he dun goofed. Blaming the fans were stunned was wrong.
I think it was Fox's fault.

McCoy can be blamed for other things though..

Depends on the game. If its a small time game its not as crazy. If its an SEC rivalry game the noise is fucking deafening in Baton Rouge.
It always smells like piss drunk people too.

JABEE

Donovan McNabb sounds like an obsessive ex-girlfriend.

Q: You pushed for the Eagles to sign Michael Vick after he got out of prison in ’09. What are your thoughts on him?

“I just think right now he’s trying too hard to fit in. it’s like somebody got his ear and tried to tell him this is what Don didn’t do. You’ve got to relate to the fans and the African- Americans in Philadelphia. Because they looked at Don differently. He’s doing too much. And he’s worrying too much. When you start focusing on pleasing people on the outside, it takes away what you’re doing out on the field.’’

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/216781161.html#LUA7SZR0vshWH0vE.99

The world revolves around Donovan in his mind.

Turnstile

Depends on the game. If its a small time game its not as crazy. If its an SEC rivalry game the noise is fucking deafening in Baton Rouge.
It always smells like piss drunk people too.
She went to quite a few games, but hit as many SEC games as she could. They times I've gone back home with her have not matched up with the season and/or games. I'd like to see a 'Bama or Auburn game there though. Definitely on my list.

cajunator

Banned
She went to quite a few games, but hit as many SEC games as she could. They times I've gone back home with her have not matched up with the season and/or games. I'd like to see a 'Bama or Auburn game there though. Definitely on my list.

Its pretty fun when the stakes are high. I just hate how there are certain fuckers on the 50 yard line every game that complain when the Tigers arent blowing out the other team 42-7 every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom