• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-19

Banned
Good morning people.

The last team which won a SB the season after loosing one was the 1971-72 Miami Dolphins ( loosing 24 -3 to the Cowboys in 1971, and winning 14-7 to the redskins). The 1992-1993 Buffalo Bills are the latest to make 2 consecutive SB appearances. The niners gonna bring some magic to the history.

Also Dutch, what do you think of your native language, Dutch?

Is this normal? I just registered SMT 4 and got this:

HuhCN.PNG

But... I haven't bought FEA yet...

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO

GO GO GO PEOPLE

LiveWire

Good morning people.

The last team which won a SB the season after loosing one was the 1971-72 Miami Dolphins ( loosing 24 -3 to the Cowboys in 1971, and winning 14-7 to the redskins). The 1992-1993 Buffalo Bills are the latest to make 2 consecutive SB appearances. The niners gonna bring some magic to the history.

The Patriots won back-to-back SuperBowls in 03-04 and 04-05.

Talon

Good morning people.

Good God. Did you just start watching football?

97-98 and 98-99 Broncos won back-to-back. Then the Pats beat the Panties and Eags back-to-back.

Spades

Picked up these bad boys today:

tumblr_mqhshfwDvn1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

Which reminds me that we need to get some Wii U Nintendo ID sharing love going on. And XBL and PSN for that matter.

Good morning people.

I think it's fine, I guess. Somewhat complicated to learn for other people.

Good God. Did you just start watching football?

97-98 and 98-99 Broncos won back-to-back. Then the Pats beat the Panties and Eags back-to-back.

He started watching last year. Cut him some slack.

Which reminds me that we need to get some Wii U Nintendo ID sharing love going on. And XBL and PSN for that matter.
Awesome pick-up. I'm jealous that you guys get Pikmin 3 first, you'll have to share some impressions when you get around to playing it. I'll probably pick up NSLU once the physical version hits but that's not until August 25th. I think my NID is the same as my name here, is that all you need to add friends? I've been through the process literally two or three times because I know so few people with a Wii U.

bionic77

Is it safe to go back to OT again?

Last night I saw a thread about having sex with your mom for a billion dollars and I was out after that!

BigAT

Bleacher Report really should be on the banned site lists for GAF. I cringe whenever I see someone link to it and try to pretend like it's a real article.

MechDX

Are you serious? There's no way Winston is a step back from the turnstiles we had playing there last season.

Your o line was crap, that I agree with, but Winston is just a higher level of crap. He cant pass block for shit. When you are under contract with a team (Texans) and a position on what is considered what is one of the best o lines in the game and get flat out cut that is your first sign,

Then when you get cut from a 2-14 team, that is the second sign. Winston is more concerned with a future career in the media and he doesn't focus on his craft.

Colasante

Your o line was crap, that I agree with, but Winston is just a higher level of crap. He cant pass block for shit. When you are under contract with a team (Texans) and a position on what is considered what is one of the best o lines in the game and get flat out cut that is your first sign,

Then when you get cut from a 2-14 team, that is the second sign. Winston is more concerned with a future career in the media and he doesn't focus on his craft.

Winston gave up 4 sacks for the Chiefs last year. Meanwhile, Bobby Massie gave up 13 sacks for the Cardinals. Seems like a clearcut temporary upgrade to me.

Meanwhile, former Jets guard Brandon Moore, aka the butt in Butt Fumble, is planning to retire. He graded out as the number 4 guard in the NFL last year, but apparently hasn't received anything more than veteran minimum offers. I still think he'd make sense for a team like the Colts or Chargers.

bionic77

There are good stuff about anal sex and comic con hype.
:lol Niner fans are all the same!

From reading this thread apparently some of the same OT degenerates that would be willing to bang their mothers for a few bucks also think Brady is classy. I was tempted to enter that thread and educate them, but I am pretty certain they are not ready for that level of truth and it would get me a ban.

MechDX

:lol Niner fans are all the same!

From reading this thread apparently some of the same OT degenerates that would be willing to bang their mothers for a few bucks also think Brady is classy. I was tempted to enter that thread and educate them, but I am pretty certain they are not ready for that level of truth and it would get me a ban.

And you would be correct

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eh, all the Brady hate is kind of overblown at this point. Like, are the Patriots even a real threat anymore? It's like everyone is still fighting a decade old battle.

Also, the offhand dismissal of all their Superbowl wins is also kind of pathetic. Videotaping didn't make Jon Kasay kick the ball out of bounds. So that's one, at least.

Eh, all the Brady hate is kind of overblown at this point. Like, are the Patriots even a real threat anymore? It's like everyone is still fighting a decade old battle.

Also, the offhand dismissal of all their Superbowl wins is also kind of pathetic. Videotaping didn't make Jon Kasay kick the ball out of bounds. So that's one, at least.

They knew the opponents' plays. The tapes that provide evidence of this were burned because Goodell wanted to sweep the PR disaster under the rug.

Bread

Banned

don't bring logic to a pats discussion, nfl gaf doesnt like that.

cashman

Banned

How is the NSMB series in general? Heard the first one was really good and that they didn't have more good ideas after that one.

KingGondo

Banned

The Pats will continue to be a factor as long as their division blows. They still have a great shot at a first-round bye and get the second round at home. AFC Championship is still realistic, and even the SB can happen if they get the right matchup.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They knew the opponents' plays.
You don't need a camera to know what John Fox was going to call!

The Pats will continue to be a factor as long as their division blows. They still have a great shot at a first-round bye and get the second round at home. AFC Championship is still realistic, and even the SB can happen if they get the right matchup.
Fair point. AFC is kind of shitty, but in the end even an undeserved playoff seed gets exposed in the actual bracket.

How is the NSMB series in general? Heard the first one was really good and that they didn't have more good ideas after that one.
Ugh... I'd say the opposite, actually. First one (DS game) was way too easy and just kind of boring but they've gotten progressively better since. The Wii game was a ton of fun and the Wii U game is up there with the best of the 2D Marios in my opinion. The 3DS game is pretty good as well but it isn't quite up to par with its console brethren.

So I'd say U > Wii > 2 > DS

The series has definitely started to feel a bit stale when taken as a whole, though. I think Nintendo needs to take a very long break from NSMB, but who knows if they actually will. Releasing 2 and U in the span of a few months was just too much.

Spades

I love Nintendo games and so an old school Mario in HD was actually a system seller for me. The game is nothing new, but you can't beat platform goodness - and nobody does that better than Nintendo.

KingGondo

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised by NSMB2.

Nothing spectacular, but it's definitely fun and worth a purchase if you're a fan of 2D platformers.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

cajunator

Banned
It's going to be a fun weekend of gaming!

Enjoy them! Especially Pikmin!

Its been pretty fun but I would prefer a new 3d installment like Galaxy 3 or maybe even a return to Sunshine style. 4 player NSMB wii is absolutely batshit insanity and really fun.
The new one is pretty good but I honestly havent sunk a lot of time into gaming lately.

Good morning mongrels. I see France has made his appearance, has he squickened to another team yet?

1 more day 'till I fly to that stinking, smugged-up city you call home!

You're so smart. I always loved you.

more reasons to visit me

10 minutes from my house there's a free 9-hole course (~2,400 yards)

Ohio is pretty close to Cali, should be doable.

Greg; nobody wants to visit you or anyone else in Ohio. Just accept it you degenerate.
You just wait, one of these days I am going to visit Greg in Ohio. We are going to play ping-pong, play tennis, and ride roller coasters together at Cedar Point, all while listening to At the Throne of Judgment (metal band from Ohio). It'll be wonderful!

Ohio is pretty close to Cali, should be doable.
All world maps are made by Americans so they stretch the size of the country to make it look more impressive. In reality you can probably walk from California to Greg's house in about an hour or two.

Greg

You just wait, one of these days I am going to visit Greg in Ohio. We are going to play ping-pong, play tennis, and ride roller coasters together at Cedar Point, all while listening to At the Throne of Judgment (metal band from Ohio). It'll be wonderful!
all while watching Cardinals and throwing buckeyes at Chan look-alikes

All world maps are made by Americans so they stretch the size of the country to make it look more impressive. In reality you can probably walk from California to Greg's house in about an hour or two.
:jnc

I suppose you're a spectator at those dunk competitions Greg?
yeah, I watch all the people wish they were me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom