• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
I like how you refer to the Pats not being a threat as logical. Abandoning all hope so soon? I guess Brady might as well retire now, then.
he could retire now and be the best qb of all time

or continue to play for 5 more years and be the best qb of all time

doesn't matter

I hate that as I'm getting ready to leave the office, you guys all come online and start talking.

MobileGAF works fine.

All world maps are made by Americans so they stretch the size of the country to make it look more impressive. In reality you can probably walk from California to Greg's house in about an hour or two.

Like when you take a picture of your junk at a certain angle to make it look bigger?

Not that I would need to make it look bigger.

Or make pictures of my junk.

What are we talking about again ?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ku-xlarge.jpg

This photo came to us from a tipster in Pittsburgh. It was taken in the parking lot of the Mt. Royal Inn in Etna, Pa., just a few miles north of the city. Our tipster said Tomlin suddenly popped into the bar on Saturday, bought a couple of six packs, picked up a round for everyone in the joint, and took the time to strike this pose with a fan.

bionic77

Eh, all the Brady hate is kind of overblown at this point. Like, are the Patriots even a real threat anymore? It's like everyone is still fighting a decade old battle.

Also, the offhand dismissal of all their Superbowl wins is also kind of pathetic. Videotaping didn't make Jon Kasay kick the ball out of bounds. So that's one, at least.
You sound like those people who wanted to forgive that Nazi because he was old.

You better repent or I am going to refer to you as a Patriot AND Holocaust denier!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You sound like those people who wanted to forgive that Nazi because he was old.

You better repent or I am going to refer to you as a Patriot AND Holocaust denier!
I have a bright future to look forward to. I don't need to live in the past!

2005? Not even a thing anymore.

squicken

@SteveReedAP Steve Smith equated team's sense of urgency to a 35-year-old woman who wants to get married and pregnant.

hahahaha

brentech

lol, that's quite the analogy for a football season.

My wife and I were just talking about finishing our basement. If we do it, we want to have it done this year before we start trying to have a kid. No idea what it will cost, but I'd like to not only finish the area, but add a bathroom as well if not another room altogether. Would still leave space for a rec room and I could just move my game stuff down there.

Still wishy washy on having kids. Afraid to pass down Ulcerative Colitis. I wish it upon no one, seems like an evil thing to do.

Jets fans, is Chaz Schilens any good? It doesn't seem like it should be hard to start opposite of Megatron, but we have yet to find a consistent #2 there.

Vyroxis

Banned
I wish children upon no one. That's the most evil thing that can be done.

Evil little money eating shit machines. All they do is eat, shit, and puke for two years. Then add screaming in for the third.

Christ, can't even use them for chores till 7 or 8. Better off adopting at 10, they'll be so happy to have a family they'll bow and kiss your feet.

Bread

Banned
One of the greatest teams of all time who was apparently not great enough to make the playoffs or win the division over a Dolphins team built around the gimmick that is the wildcat.

Mmk.
lol? they were one of the greatest teams of all time with brady, and they didn't make the playoffs with cassel.

thanks for helping to prove my point.

One of the greatest teams of all time who was apparently not great enough to make the playoffs or win the division over a Dolphins team built around the gimmick that is the wildcat.

Mmk.

The team was good enough to carry Matt Cassel to an 11-5 record (Granted, they played a cupcake schedule) Which was tied with your shitstained team, you just got lucky.

That defense was insane, the Oline was a wall and Moss and Welker were in full domination mode. Had Brady been healthy, they would have had another go at 19-0.

Bowser

Shutdown Countdown: Jump on Carolina Panthers bandwagon before it’s too late

We know that some team that had a losing record last year will make the playoffs. It happens all the time in the NFL.

It's almost too easy to pick the Panthers, because they're such an obvious breakout candidate. In many statistical measures, Carolina was far better last year than its 7-9 record last season.

SportingCharts.com tracked a simple yards per play differential – yards per play for vs. yards per play against. Six NFL teams finished above plus-0.3: San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Carolina, Pittsburgh and Houston. Pretty good company. There was no other team with a losing record in the top 11.

It's not like the secondary is so bad Carolina can't win with it, considering it went 3-1 against Atlanta and New Orleans last year, and the only loss was because Atlanta hit a Hail Mary to set up a last-second field goal. But it's a concern.

Stat fact: If you read about the oddity of Newton being ripped for a season in which he was one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL for more than half a season, you know his stats from the final nine games last year. But it bears repeating, in case you mistakenly think Newton is for some reason the one holding Carolina back, rather than being the biggest reason the Panthers will break out this season:

Newton's last nine 2012 games: 2,168 yards, 14 TD, 4 INT, 159-for-273 (58.2 percent), 94.7 rating, 76 rushes, 431 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD

Prorated for a full season: 3.854.2 yards, 24.9 TD, 7.1 INT, 135.1 rushes, 766.2 rushing yards, 8.9 rushing TD

JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON BABY

lol? they were one of the greatest teams of all time with brady, and they didn't make the playoffs with cassel.

thanks for helping to prove my point.
Even with Cassell one of the otherwise "greatest teams of all time" should have been able to at least make the playoffs and/or win the division. And even with Brady healthy they just lost to the Giants in the SB so how great can they be, really?

Bread

Banned
Even with Cassell one of the otherwise "greatest teams of all time" should have been able to at least make the playoffs and/or win the division. And even with Brady healthy they just lost to the Giants in the SB so how great can they be, really?
dude what, this is a pretty bad troll.

bionic77

lol, that's quite the analogy for a football season.

My wife and I were just talking about finishing our basement. If we do it, we want to have it done this year before we start trying to have a kid. No idea what it will cost, but I'd like to not only finish the area, but add a bathroom as well if not another room altogether. Would still leave space for a rec room and I could just move my game stuff down there.

Still wishy washy on having kids. Afraid to pass down Ulcerative Colitis. I wish it upon no one, seems like an evil thing to do.
Can't tell you whether or not to have kids.

But my advise is get the basement finished after you are done having kids.

Let them tear and fuck that space up with paint and chalk and whatever else they want to do and then when they become human spend the money and get your nice basement. I envy people with unfinished basements right now.

Greg

Can't tell you whether or not to have kids.

But my advise is get the basement finished after you are done having kids.

Let them tear and fuck that space up with paint and chalk and whatever else they want to do and then when they become human spend the money and get your nice basement. I envy people with unfinished basements right now.
:jnc

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26s

Bears DT Sedrick Ellis has not reported to training camp. Ellis has advised the club of his intention to retire from the NFL.

dude what, this is a pretty bad troll.
The '07 Pats were an amazing team, absolutely phenomenal, but I honestly think the fact that they didn't win the SB that season pokes a major hole in the argument of, "one of the greatest teams of all time." I'm not trying to troll.

ChanHuk

Banned
NFLGAF WHAT DO I GET FOR BREAKFAST?!

Breakfast burrito from a Messican joint, breakfast burrito from the legendary Taco Bell, or chicken fried steak?

I'm making cold brew coffee, that's right jakncoke, cold brewed coffee you degenerate swine. Too bad this shit takes a day to brew.

Bread

Banned
The '07 Pats were an amazing team, absolutely phenomenal, but I honestly think the fact that they didn't win the SB that season pokes a major hole in the argument of, "one of the greatest teams of all time." I'm not trying to troll.
ok well i think that's pretty silly, because you're ignoring 18 games from that season.

Breakfast burrito from a Messican joint, breakfast burrito from the legendary Taco Bell, or chicken fried steak?

I'm making cold brew coffee, that's right jakncoke, cold brewed coffee you degenerate swine. Too bad this shit takes a day to brew.
get a bacon egg and cheese on a croissant from some breakfast place around, fuck that messican breakfast crap.

Hunter S.

Hey, Chan, new rumors of two NFL tams aka Jags ???moving to LA. Will there be any raiders and Chargers fans left? Bahahahahhaha. Raider fans are biiittchees!!!

cajunator

Banned

chicken fried steak is always the best answer.

ok well i think that's pretty silly, because you're ignoring 18 games from that season.
Take it from a Marino fan, winning the big one is what matters the most. And unlike Marino, who had a pretty mediocre team, the Pats don't have anyone else to blame.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm just looking at the full picture. You, on the other hand, are ignoring the lost SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom