• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Was jsut about to post that cowboys news. It's still Texas Stadium to me.

15965_490789074347717_1664090598_n.jpg

bionic77

It has the trademark Mercedes Benz quality and reliability.
Quality is one thing but Benz have not been reliable since the 80s. But I will concede their diesel cars from that time and before pretty much will never die.

Changing gears, what do you young pervs thing about the SI Swimsuit issue? I still glance through one during those years I get the mag for free, but that shit was a huge event for your penis when I was growing up. Do people under 25 even know what it is?

I'd be interested in the money left on the table or the effect it would have, if a team didn't have a corporate sponsored stadium.

P.S. The Aints won me trivia with their hilariously ironic stadium. Thanks Tommy B!

cajunator

Banned
Rob Ryan fits perfectly then!

Probably so but we won a SB with a similar scheme. and a bit of cheating. but if you aint cheating you aint trying.

Quality is one thing but Benz have not been reliable since the 80s. But I will concede their diesel cars from that time and before pretty much will never die.

Changing gears, what do you young pervs thing about the SI Swimsuit issue? I still glance through one during those years I get the mag for free, but that shit was a huge event for your penis when I was growing up. Do people under 25 even know what it is?

You mean they got rid of them?

What he's always done. What did you expect really?

Godslay

Banned
Hmmm I could see Jamaal Charles getting pissed off about the lack of touches and demanding a trade during the season or offseason if they're not going to fully utilize him.

I'd give up a 3rd rounder to bring him to Detroit.

They'll use him (although I thought the same with Shady). I'm really interested on how that offense turns out there. Talented team, but I still think that QB is going to be their weakness, and ultimate downfall.

What he's always done. What did you expect really?

Sure. I just found it humorous. In a stahp Andy, what are you doing Andy, stahp kind of way.

Drakeon

They'll use him (although I thought the same with Shady). I'm really interested on how that offense turns out there. Talented team, but I still think that QB is going to be their weakness, and ultimate downfall.

Eh, I don't think anyone expects Smith to be the long term QB there do they? They didn't see anyone they wanted to take #1 for QB, so they punted and are going to take one next year.

Godslay

Banned
Eh, I don't think anyone expects Smith to be the long term QB there do they? They didn't see anyone they wanted to take #1 for QB, so they punted and are going to take one next year.

Giving up a second rounder (plus a conditional 2nd or 3rd, depending on if the Chiefs are over 0.500 iirc) is a significant commitment. That's basically two starters. I would say it's a long term commitment.

cajunator

Banned

Sure. I just found it humorous. In a stahp Andy, what are you doing Andy, stahp kind of way.

I know what thats like. Sean Payton is like Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass oh I guess a run here. But it works fairly well in Saints offense because of so many great receivers.

Fantomex

In the one week that I'm gone all the lifelongs and bandwagoners show up. Pffft.

From the phins, it seems we are starting off on the same foot as last year
LLShC.gif

Tannehill threw two pick 6 today in practice.

Bread

Banned
I know what thats like. Sean Payton is like Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass oh I guess a run here. But it works fairly well in Saints offense because of so many great receivers.
Yea and Brees would throw a hissy fit if they didn't let him get his passing stats up.

bionic77

You mean they got rid of them?
Still around (remember Kate Upton posed this year or last year?). Now they show a lot of nips and naked chicks with body paint.

But like I said it is not as important as it used to be. Men used to fucking run for the mail box when that thing was about to come. It is not a big deal anymore and I wanted to know what the young kids here thought about it.

Then maybe I am just old because I won't say no to a Playboy either!

Colasante

First Patriots roster projection out today from ESPN Boston. Both Mike Reiss and Field Yates project Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman, and Matthew Slater to be the wide receivers on the team. Neither thinks Michael Jenkins will crack the final 53.

In my opinion, the Patriots really need to explore a trade for a veteran receiver from an overstacked team like the Chargers or Seahawks. If they could get Malcolm Floyd or Golden Tate for a 5th or 6th round pick, they should do it.

cajunator

Banned

all the elite QBs are little bitches about stats and penalties and stuff. They have huge egos. but they are also really good so they have a right to be that way. Personally the Saints never had a player as good as Brees ever so Im kind of enjoying how great the offense is while I can.

Godslay

Banned
Seahawks placed on PUP:
DE Chris Clemons (knee), WR Percy Harvin (hip), TE Zach Miller (foot), RB Robert Turbin (foot).

Wonder what's up with Percy?

Colasante

Seahawks placed on PUP:
DE Chris Clemons (knee), WR Percy Harvin (hip), TE Zach Miller (foot), RB Robert Turbin (foot).

Wonder what's up with Percy?

Adam Schefter: "WR Percy Harvin's hip injury is problematic. He is scheduled to get a second opinion and there is concern about the injury."

Hmmm...

Fantomex

Dang, man, I forgot you just had a kid. You get an infinite number of passes.

But yeah, I'm not too worried about any news I hear out of training camp, I just want everyone to stay healthy. It's still very interesting to keep up with, though.

Crap it's Thursday. The news were from Tuesday you're right. Man, I only took 3 days off work. My poor wife is just only learning that she needs to sleep when the baby sleeps, wheter it's 3 pm or 3 am. I think she finally realized it today.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Your o line was crap, that I agree with, but Winston is just a higher level of crap. He cant pass block for shit. When you are under contract with a team (Texans) and a position on what is considered what is one of the best o lines in the game and get flat out cut that is your first sign,

Then when you get cut from a 2-14 team, that is the second sign. Winston is more concerned with a future career in the media and he doesn't focus on his craft.
We had statistically the worst O Line in the league last year, there is literally no further way back to go. Bring him in I say!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom