• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
He's a franchise QB, like it or not. We went from a team that had never gotten back-to-back winning season to five consecutive winning seasons under his watch. He does the right things. He absorbs any criticisms at the team to himself. He never criticizes anyone. He's improved every season.

After years of Jeff George, Christopher Chandelier, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner and Ron Mexico, he's our first franchise QB since Bartkowski, and nobody outside of the NFC South (and old West fans) know who the fuck that guy is.

I'll take 5 more years of that. Sounds it tops out at $103 million with incentives.

We know him, We just dont give a fuck about him or your dirty ass southern team.

Colasante

Arizona Cardinals signed DE John Abraham. I guess he'll be playing outside linebacker in their 3-4 defense. Real bummer, I was hoping the Patriots would sign him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was pretty impressed with Ryan in the playoffs last year. But it can't go unnoticed that on his "clutch" montage the NFLN just aired is a in-a-dome running start 55 yard jump ball to Roddy White vs a dreadful Panthers team. He is a franchise QB, but the numbers are getting to the point where they may have to let White walk prematurely

Madden still disagrees.

EA Tiburon introduced its "clutch trait" for in-game athletes in Madden 12 as a means of providing a boost in players' ratings when the right circumstances were in place, namely when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter or overtime. That trait will carry over to Madden 25, and oddly enough, the list of players that will start the game out with the clutch trait is nearly identical to the one announced for Madden 13 last year.

One name is new to the list: Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. Flacco certainly earned the trait, given his stellar playoff performance and Super Bowl win. Only two other names are missing from last year's list, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, and that's because those linebackers retired during the offseason.

EA Tiburon's Donny Moore, the "Ratings Czar" for the Madden series, tells Joystiq the team "decided when we added these traits that we wanted it to be a special thing, very unique, there wouldn't be a clutch player on every team necessarily, so we sort of stuck to that mantra when we assigned the traits."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/25/joe-flacco-is-the-only-new-clutch-player-in-madden-25

jbug617

Banned
Idiot of the week:

49ers CB Tarell Brown loses 2 million dollars for not showing up to offseason program. He claims he did not know about his 2 million dollars being tied to the offseason program.
49ers gets 2 million dollars freed up and Brown will now make 925,000 this season.
http://t.co/n6Ldq2MJ0n

squicken

I sort of expect this. Roddy has two years left on his deal. He'll be 33, but he will muster at least $9 if not demand a 4 year $10+ million/year deal from somebody. He's crafty and strong enough to where he'll be effective until 35 or so.

Tony's $7 million for next year is just for cap purposes. I don't imagine us holding onto SJax for more than two seasons.

His most impressive throw to me is still that sideline bullet to Michael Jenkins his rookie season with Tommie Harris' immediate pressure nailing him in the head. Granted, there's no reason for that DB to have stepped up to the flat, but it was the only damn place that ball could be. That first TD to Julio in the NFCCG was a beauty too. There was only one place that ball could be.

Yeah I didn't mean for that to be a rip on Ryan. Like I said, he's a franchise QB. Just that the gushing on that particular play is misplaced. He has weapons, but he also has the skill to put passes where only they can catch them. He has average arm, but it's not like Eli has a big arm either. Both guys throw with great anticipation and accuracy. The Cowardly and Matty Ice jokes are just part of the flavor

Talon

Yeah I didn't mean for that to be a rip on Ryan. Like I said, he's a franchise QB. Just that the gushing on that particular play is misplaced. He has weapons, but he also has the skill to put passes where only they can catch them. He has average arm, but it's not like Eli has a big arm either. Both guys throw with great anticipation and accuracy. The Cowardly and Matty Ice jokes are just part of the flavor
Yeah, I don't get touting that play either. It's always been more of a "lol Panthers" to me. I was in a car that whole game, and all my Falcons fans friends' texts were some variation of: "I fucking love the Panthers" "What the fuck was that safety doing?" "DEFENSE IS HARD".
Idiot of the week:

49ers CB Tarell Brown loses 2 million dollars for not showing up to offseason program. He claims he did not know about his 2 million dollars being tied to the offseason program.
49ers gets 2 million dollars freed up and Brown will now make 925,000 this season.
http://t.co/n6Ldq2MJ0n
That Texas edumacation

Bowser

Yeah, I don't get touting that play either. It's always been more of a "lol Panthers" to me. I was in a car that whole game, and all my Falcons fans friends' texts were some variation of: "I fucking love the Panthers" "What the fuck was that safety doing?" "DEFENSE IS HARD".

120930_strickly_inside.jpg

MechDX

I said damn QBs getting paid.
way too damn much!
Schaub didn't get shit in comparison.

Cue Schaub is shit comments....3...2..1...

I was pretty impressed with Ryan in the playoffs last year. But it can't go unnoticed that on his "clutch" montage the NFLN just aired is a in-a-dome running start 55 yard jump ball to Roddy White vs a dreadful Panthers team. He is a franchise QB, but the numbers are getting to the point where they may have to let White walk prematurely

People give Ryan credit for that play? I thought it was universally credited to Nakamura being the WORST FUCKING SAFETY IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. That might just be Panthers fans though.

squicken

Madden still disagrees.

EA Tiburon introduced its "clutch trait" for in-game athletes in Madden 12 as a means of providing a boost in players' ratings when the right circumstances were in place, namely when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter or overtime. That trait will carry over to Madden 25, and oddly enough, the list of players that will start the game out with the clutch trait is nearly identical to the one announced for Madden 13 last year.

One name is new to the list: Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. Flacco certainly earned the trait, given his stellar playoff performance and Super Bowl win. Only two other names are missing from last year's list, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, and that's because those linebackers retired during the offseason.

EA Tiburon's Donny Moore, the "Ratings Czar" for the Madden series, tells Joystiq the team "decided when we added these traits that we wanted it to be a special thing, very unique, there wouldn't be a clutch player on every team necessarily, so we sort of stuck to that mantra when we assigned the traits."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/25/joe-flacco-is-the-only-new-clutch-player-in-madden-25

Broncos drop an INT and the Moore loses his mind and now Flacco has $120m and Omega clutchness

Talon

Broncos drop an INT and the Moore loses his mind and now Flacco has $120m and Omega clutchness
C'est la vie.

Rodney manages to locate that jump ball or maybe Asante makes an athletic interception, and the Patriots conversation is completely different.

Baltimore doesn't get fucked out of an Ed Reed INT back in the '06-'07 playoffs, and Indianapolis doesn't get to the only Super Bowl they win in the Manning era.

C'est la vie.

Rodney manages to locate that jump ball or maybe Asante makes an athletic interception, and the Patriots conversation is completely different.

Baltimore doesn't get fucked out of an Ed Reed INT back in the '06-'07 playoffs, and Indianapolis doesn't get to the only Super Bowl they win in the Manning era.

John motherfucking Kasay doesn't....

I need to go lie down.

brentech

ESPN reporting AJ Green of the Bengal hurt at camp. Went down, something with the knee. Was able to walk off with medical team.

I sort of expect this. Roddy has two years left on his deal. He'll be 33, but he will muster at least $9 if not demand a 4 year $10+ million/year deal from somebody. He's crafty and strong enough to where he'll be effective until 35 or so.

Tony's $7 million for next year is just for cap purposes. I don't imagine us holding onto SJax for more than two seasons.

His most impressive throw to me is still that sideline bullet to Michael Jenkins his rookie season with Tommie Harris' immediate pressure nailing him in the head. Granted, there's no reason for that DB to have stepped up to the flat, but it was the only damn place that ball could be. That first TD to Julio in the NFCCG was a beauty too. There was only one place that ball could be.

As long as Julio keeps improving, Roddy will be gone in 2 years. I assume they'll look for a receiver in the next draft.

It's cool, he's getting it out of his system in the preseason.

Picked off by Chris Owens.....oh dear.

MechDX

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 2h
Yep. Not hype. RT @JPalmerCSN: Johnson said he's never seen hands like Hopkins has. Never seen some one catch balls one handed like he does

Expand

Nice endorsement. Im really liking the Hopkins pick.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Madden still disagrees.

If anyone on Seattle is clutch, it's Wilson not Lynch.

MechDX

You can't wait for homecoming? I wonder what jacket will they wear this time.

hernandez-shovel-meme-elite-daily.png

Between murders, STD's and being in between genders I hope you can field a team. Oh who am I kidding....Bill will just hire the entire Rutgers team! Smartest person in the league!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With training camp finally starting I look forward to everyone being hostile with each other.

We've been pretty tame the last few months.

exarkun

Nooooo not AJ. Who will the red rocket throw to now? And will the old ginger in brownstown ever be a real qb? Curse of the people with no souls!

RBH

yahoosports.png

yahoosports.jpg

Yahoo has updated the iOS app for its incredible popular Fantasy Football product for the 2013 NFL season with mobile drafting, a much-requested feature. Before, fantasy team owners were required to use a full-sized computer to conduct a fantasy draft, while now players will be able to draft from wherever they are.

Players can follow their team with live scoring, roster management, breaking news, message boards and more. Other new additions to the app for this year include notifications and mock drafts.

The 2013 NFL season opens Thursday, September 5th with the Baltimore Ravens playing the Broncos in Denver.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football is a free download for the iPhone and iPad.

Matugi

Reports out of Redskins' camp are glowing about RG3, but in what may appear to be less significant news (but actually isn't) is Keenan Robinson may have torn his pec again. He played well last year and is the figured heir apparent to London Fletcher, so if he can't go again this year the Redskins will be forced to spend a high draft pick on an LB next year.

mr2xxx

Banned
So Percy has torn his labrum.

Reports out of Redskins' camp are glowing about RG3, but in what may appear to be less significant news (but actually isn't) is Keenan Robinson may have torn his pec again. He played well last year and is the figured heir apparent to London Fletcher, so if he can't go again this year the Redskins will be forced to spend a high draft pick on an LB next year.

That sucks, Orakpo 2.0....... Injury wise not talent.

MechDX

I still don't understand the little brother complex texans fans have when it comes to the Cowboys.

Fuck Dallas? Pretty easy'

Its the fans. Like cockroaches, scurrying around, living in the past and they wont just go away when you tell them you don't care. Doesn't help that your owner took every chance when the Houston franchise was announced to take potshots at Houston. Through all those early years, the Carr Era as its known we took solace in one fact: 19-10.

Sept. 8: The Texans become the first NFL team in 41 years to win their expansion debut, stunning the Dallas Cowboys 19-10 before 69,604 at Reliant Stadium. QB David Carr throws two touchdown passes, including a 19-yarder to TE Billy Miller for the club's first-ever touchdown. DT Seth Payne sacks Cowboys QB Quincy Carter in the end zone for a safety to clinch the victory.

So yeah fuck the Cowboys! Our back up QB has as many playoff wins as your starter who just got millions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom